Sign in to follow this  
canaries1985

Game off?

With Manchester game off tonight due to snow surely with the snow we''ve had theres a similar possibility with ours surely?. With underground heating pitch shud be fine but like with Manchester game its the problem of people getting to the ground and safely. When was the last time a home game got called off due to snow? Should we all gather outside carrow road with some shovels and salt? :)

Yep we need to play this game really because most games in our league will be off and if we can get three points everyone will be playing catch Norwich. I for one would help on match day if required

As things stand there is still almost no snow in and around the City, so unless things change I doubt very much the home game will be off.

Cant say the same about the one at Walsall though, I think that one will be off.

If it does get called off along with a lot of other fixtures really puts pressure on us to get some more bodies in. Games will be packed into a very small space of time assuming there will be another couple of postponements. This is where the teams with bigger squads will prevail so lets not wait till end of jan window we need players now in Lambert have faith :)

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

I hope its not off!

Loads of snow in Colchester - but heard not much in Suffolk and Norfolk?!

[/quote]It''s snowing in Norwich now, and the forecast for the rest of the week doesn''t look better: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/24

Wednesday - Light Snow Shower

Thursday- Heavy Snow Shower

Friday- Heavy Snow Shower

Saturday- Heavy Snow Shower

Having just got back from mexico and heading off next friday somewhere else this is only City game i can catch for rest of the season. Train booked from london and ticket bought from mate up there. Best not be off! Maybe the club can fly me in from Seoul if its rearranged?!

[quote user="canaries1985"]With Manchester game off tonight due to snow surely with the snow we''ve had theres a similar possibility with ours surely?. With underground heating pitch shud be fine but like with Manchester game its the problem of people getting to the ground and safely. When was the last time a home game got called off due to snow? Should we all gather outside carrow road with some shovels and salt? :)[/quote]

They have 8-9 inches of snow and we have less than an inch in Norwich.

Gawd I hope not Saturdays are rubbish when games are off so fingers crossed the surrounding areas are okay, in saying that what times we are in when games are called off due to the chance that some folk might slip and break a nail on the way, not like the good old days eh!

Arsenal game called off last night.  Pitch fine.  Road conditions "not conducive to safety."  Do not expect Yeovil v Colchester to go ahead.  Decision Friday for Norwich v Exeter re "road conditions" and travelling?

So best get the local Colchester  dole seekers / job scared vermin ( and for that matter the Norwich ones as well !! ) out with some shovels to clear the Colchester ground in advance then.Thats the solution to the country wide snow, round up all the work shy and give them a shovel.The work force would be massive and job would be done !Man i need to run for PM I really do ! :(

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]So best get the local Colchester  dole seekers / job scared vermin ( and for that matter the Norwich ones as well !! ) out with some shovels to clear the Colchester ground in advance then.

Thats the solution to the country wide snow, round up all the work shy and give them a shovel.
The work force would be massive and job would be done !

Man i need to run for PM I really do ! :(
[/quote]

Rodney you plonkier.  The game is at Yeovil. 

Sorry Del.   You are as thick as they come aren''t you?[:|][:O]

I bet you had five A* in the GCSE.

No SpudGunI was talking about the fact that mighty Norwich face minows Colchester in only a few weeks so best get your village green rec park sorted as you blatently dont have undersoil heating down at your piece of grass you call a pitch.Hence i used Colchester and Norwich unemployed.I couldnt give a monkeys discarded banana about you guys playing Yeovil.

"So best get the local Colchester  dole seekers / job scared vermin (

and for that matter the Norwich ones as well !! ) out with some shovels

to clear the Colchester ground in advance then."learn to read before you do maths cos you just added 1 + 1 and get 7

I really don''t know where this relatively new phenomena of calling matches off "as the approaches to the ground aren''t safe". In my day and I''m only talking some 15-20 years ago ,even before undersoil pitches, the groundsmen cleared the snow of the pitch , you got the orange ball out and you bloody well got on with it. It was a mans game on and off the field - this meant that even if the terraces were snowy or icy, you just left yourself extra time to get there and just got got the game.

If you''d have said a few years ago that a Manchester derby would be called off despite the pitch being perfectly playable, people would have wondered what the world had come to!

It''s because so many of their supporters have to drive such long distances to get there.

The games wasn''t regional in the 60''s, 70''s and 80''s........

All teams have always had to travel, leave more time, drive sensibly or walk........