Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

New BBC Regional Football Programme starting soon

Sorry if anyone has highlighted this before but in the Gunn Club before the Millwall game Kevin Piper mentioned his involvement with a forthcoming regional BBC TV footie programme.  Noticed last night that the BBC have started advertising this - according to Kevin the first one is scheduled for the Monday night (11.15pm ??) after the Col Who away game and he said they would be focusing on it.  Could be interesting.

Looking forward to it. And luckily anyone with freesat can watch the regional bbc variations so even those in London town can watch.

Cheers Lord Horn.After twiddling with my aerial i now get Anglia,so it now has a use[Y]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Sorry if anyone has highlighted this before but in the Gunn Club before the Millwall game Kevin Piper mentioned his involvement with a forthcoming regional BBC TV footie programme.  Noticed last night that the BBC have started advertising this - according to Kevin the first one is scheduled for the Monday night (11.15pm ??) after the Col Who away game and he said they would be focusing on it.  Could be interesting.[/quote]

I mentioned this in October, and was shouted down as people said it would''nt or Could''nt happen due to cost and man power, but yes I have a brother inlaw who is a bbc midlands producer and he told me of the plans, can''t be bothered to find the old Championship thread on this but I''m sure someone will want to try and call me a lier,

Yeah on iPlayer you can change the region to Anglia and Bob''s your Uncle. I''m very happy that all us exiles can still watch it, otherwise I would have to watch all about Bristol City, Rovers, Yeovil and Swindon!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]What was the thing with Kevin Piper called on itv where there was a fan from each local team? Darren Eadie was on a lot???[/quote]i remember that on a sunday ? like soccer sunday or something, in a pub sometimes?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]What was the thing with Kevin Piper called on itv where there was a fan from each local team? Darren Eadie was on a lot???[/quote]

Was it Soccer Sunday" or "Anglia Soccer Night ?

''Over the Bar''   (or summat loike that).....Kevin Piper and a female presenter called ''Georgie'' pulled the pints.....It was quite a poor local football prog....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]''Over the Bar''   (or summat loike that).....Kevin Piper and a female presenter called ''Georgie'' pulled the pints.....It was quite a poor local football prog....[/quote]

Always used to be good value when Barry Fry was on!  (Apart from that it was cr*p).