Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Lambert to Burnley?

Burnley are resigned to losing Owen Coyle to Bolton Wanderers.Now according to my paperboy''s uncle, who did some plumbing for Graham Alexander who used to be Paul Lambert''s understudy at St Mirren, apparently Paul Lambert has a real soft spot for Lancashire Hot Pot and Meat and Potato Pie, two dishes native to the North West.  Having missed out on Bolton, will he now opt for the vacant seat at Burnley?  I hate to think of all his hard work being undone in a flash [li]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Burnley are resigned to losing Owen Coyle to Bolton Wanderers.apparently Paul Lambert has a real soft spot for Lancashire Hot Pot and Meat and Potato Pie[/quote]it''s always the Hot Pot and Meat and Potato pie [(N)] [:''(]

honestly not trying to stir here, but his record of leaving jobs coupled with (unless it has changed in the last 6 monts) his family still living in or near glasgow would suggest it might be a goer. hes obviously fiercely ambitious, and im not sure he would turn down a job in the premiership with no blame attached if they went down, but a lot to gain in reputation if he did well.

Where is your SAUCE for this pie? It better all be gravy and none of that dodgy red (top) sauce...

I still think many Premier League clubs would see the step from League One to great. Lambert is yet to really prove his ability over a long period of time (something he will do with Norwich I hope). He is an ambitious guy and will one day look to leave Norwich for a bigger job, but then what manager doesn''t? If he has made us successful enough for a big club to want him good luck to him.And I do realise the OP was a joke.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Beleive me MR CHOPS always talks balls so no truth in this[/quote]I applaud Mister Chops, I laughed at his post.Yet, yours made me laugh even harder, because you think he was actually being serious....

It amazes me how many people don''t even take the time to ACTUALLY READ the first post at the very least.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]In all honesty....rumours are rife in Glasgow that Lambert will replace Mowbray at the end of the season. They all want him. Not good. Could he resist?[/quote]Now that is the first "Lambo" rumor that has actually registered on my  " Oh Sh*t ! " - O - Meter.Although I still think we are at Level 2 - Mild Gas

lambert, needs to esablish himself to get results to to also show that he doesn''t waste money in the window, he has been given £2m?? and if he sspends it wisely then yeah clubs will be after him, but to appoint a manager who gets results buy buys in poor players will get nowhere![;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Burnley are resigned to losing Owen Coyle to Bolton Wanderers.

Now according to my paperboy''s uncle, who did some plumbing for Graham Alexander who used to be Paul Lambert''s understudy at St Mirren, apparently Paul Lambert has a real soft spot for Lancashire Hot Pot and Meat and Potato Pie, two dishes native to the North West.  Having missed out on Bolton, will he now opt for the vacant seat at Burnley?  I hate to think of all his hard work being undone in a flash [li]
[/quote]could you get that that plumbers number MR C as i need some work doing [;)]

My feeling is when England fail to qualify for this years world cup...the FA will come knocking at CR for a certain Mr PL [:#]

If Cetic came in for him, there is no way that we could hold on to him, and I don''t think we should, as much as I would like him here to stay. But I won''t worry and nor should the rest of us, if he goes, it would more than likely mean that we have been promoted. We could then get Melton.

Is rumoured to be a choice between Lee Clark and Darren Ferguson. People say about Lambert and the Celtic job but he still hasn''t managed above league1. If the Celtic job were to come up next season i could see Coyle moving clubs again.

Good news - the bookmakers are never wrong and out of 20 candidates Lambert is not even in the betting - so to avoid disappointment have a fiver on him at 200/1 at least a grand would some what soften the blow

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Good news - the bookmakers are never wrong and out of 20 candidates Lambert is not even in the betting - so to avoid disappointment have a fiver on him at 200/1 at least a grand would some what soften the blow[/quote] Is Grayson on the list? Could be worth a fiver if the odds are good! 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Good news - the bookmakers are never wrong and out of 20 candidates Lambert is not even in the betting - so to avoid disappointment have a fiver on him at 200/1 at least a grand would some what soften the blow[/quote]

I think we will lose him, but not untill he has established himself, probably will be here till around 20.11 

["can u sit down please"]In all honesty....rumours are rife in Glasgow that Lambert will replace Mowbray at the end of the season. They all want him. Not good. Could he resist?

Not in the Glasgow I stay in there isn''t. First time I''ve heard this rumour.

[quote user="canaryjock"]["can u sit down please"]In all honesty....rumours are rife in Glasgow that Lambert will replace Mowbray at the end of the season. They all want him. Not good. Could he resist? _________________ Not in the Glasgow I stay in there isn''t. First time I''ve heard this rumour.[/quote]if the Celtic job came up and PL was offered it i wouls say he would take it sadly for us [:(] but could any of us blame the man? i for one would wish him good luck[Y] because by then he would have got us promoted

Yeah to be fair it would be a fairly bitter pill to swallow, still on the positive side it means we could pinch Aidy Boothroyd from Coll Who. I would laugh for a month!!!!!

[quote user="Mutley"]Yeah to be fair it would be a fairly bitter pill to swallow, still on the positive side it means we could pinch Aidy Boothroyd from Coll Who. I would laugh for a month!!!!![/quote]This would be very very amusing...but i really wouldnt want him as manager.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Do Celtic make it a regular practice of hiring managers from England''s 3rd Division?[/quote]No but is is plain to see...PL does have that something about him when it comes to management

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Good news - the bookmakers are never wrong and out of 20 candidates Lambert is not even in the betting - so to avoid disappointment have a fiver on him at 200/1 at least a grand would some what soften the blow[/quote]

I think we will lose him, but not untill he has established himself, probably will be here till around 20.11 

[/quote]**** me it''s 21.45 has he gone already?