Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Which striker would you use?

I know McKenzie is the immediate replacement for svensson and not all is lost now that francis is to return soon and start helping out in front of goal. But if mckenzie was injured who would you use?

Jarvis, Jonson, McKenzie, Henderson, Mcveigh or Doherty?

Bring Jonson into the middle, put bently on the right of upfront. Drop helveg for francis put him in the center, put mcveigh on the right inplace of Mckenzie (in the current formation), bring in shackell for doc

--------------Green------------
-edworthy-flem-shackell-charlton
-----Mcveigh-francis-safri-------
-Bently-----------------Huckerby
------------Jonson--------------

I would use Jonson, he has pace and physical strength and is not afraid to challenge for headers when Bentley can get the ball in to the box. Would then play McVeigh in the position Jonson has been occupying for the last couple of games.

I''d do exactly what Chunky said, although i may be tempted to give Hendo a go in place of McVeigh.

I''d do exactly what Chunky said, although i may be tempted to give Hendo a go in place of McVeigh.

Great shame about Sven  - seems he would just coming into a run of form and getting his fitness levels up to the right level. Mckensie did the best he could yesterday - but he was so isolated and had no one to feed off or bring into the game. I agree that Jonsson should play a centre forward role with Mckensie on Boxing day. Finally to those posters who seem to get all too personal and start having a go just because they dont have a similar opinion - grow up, thankfully we still live in a partly free World where freedom of speech is still allowed - I dont think this goes as far as calling people moronic and idiots though. Thankyou and moan over.

Real shame Sven got injured - he was just coming into form and getting upto speed. His link up play was very good in the past few games and two great goals. I agree with earlier posters that Jonsson should be given a go up front with Leon.

I would like to see Jonson given a chance upfront, However hard I try I cant see McKenzie being able to cut it in the Premier League his pace is great but his touch has been consistantly poor he has been in many great goalscoring positions but cannot finish. We need someone who does nothing else but put the ball in the net !

I agree with the suggestion of Jonson up front and bringing in Mcveigh to the right midfield slot. Jonson is good in the air but more importantly has a far better touch than Leon which is essential when leading the line in a 4-5-1 which should be retained.

Any other changes should be in the back four only - 32 goals in 18 games tells its own story. The only two players not to be dropped are Eddie and Flem and both are now worthy candidates for the ill fated ''rest''.

OTBC