Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Gary Holt, or Thomas Helveg better in midfield?

Perhaps to all Holt haters...

Okay I want to say first I am not want to defend anything of Holty, because very very honestly after I saw this game, I think Helveg''s passing was better than Holty, surely!

AT LEAST you would not see Helveg had too many pass back to the defender, Helveg was always passed square or up front, or straight to the Chelsea players, but not many "hospital ball" liked Holty did.

But my experience told me, about the first goal we conceded, if you replaced Holt to Helveg, I was quite sure it will NEVER happen! Holty WILL NOT make the "no look first time pass" on that position since he MUST control the ball first, maybe you will say he will lose the ball easily after little pressure, but surely not pass straight to the blue shirt and they can go all the way!!!

Can I say Safri and Helveg, or Mulyrne and Helveg did not work?

We were definitely the better team in first 10 minutes!!!

as far i see it holt and helveg arnt in the picture, just the frame because of the injuries we have currently got....

The picture is painted between Francis, Safri and Mulryne not anyone else...

And Darren Huckerby is the signiture

Agree with AJ. Francis or Helveg is surely the question for next week since it doesn''t look like Holt is going to be back before Francis anyway. You may well be right about Holt and Helveg but personally I don''t see why Francis and Safri shouldn''t be our first choice midfield two (or three with Bentley). Both of these players look more than capable of putting in a tackle and breaking up the play whilst also being more effective coming forward. For me this season we haven''t looked any more solid at the back with helveg or holt playing.

Helveg for me - sorry XXL16!

I love Holt to bits and do feel he still has a very important role to play in our season, but Helveg''s link up play between defence and midfield is crucial to us.

Note that Worthy took Safri off yesterday not Helveg - it is Safri who will make way when Francis returns I think.

Having Holt on the bench for midfield cover will be a great bonus for us when he is fit again. For some games, having Holt playing to break up play alongside Helveg for the same and his distribution (well most of the time!) and link up play would be an interesting combination.