Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You City fans make me sick!

Helveg and the Doc mess up, hang em'' high, and castrate them!.

Judging already by the responses from some of you, we should ditch Thomas and the Doc after today performance.

With Palace going down 5-2 at Manure, I believe we are still 4th from bottom, and will be at crimbo time.

That''ll do me come the end of the season!.

But no, thats no good enough is it?, lets all shatter the teams confidence shall we, and pick on individual players this evening?.

I''m proud of the lads and manager, yes damn proud!. Give Nigel boy £160 million and we may have won!.

I''m proud of them, but I''m ashamed of some of you on here tonight!.

Are you watching this c**p ''Man'', oh I forgot, you just pick on individual posters!, don''t you?.

Wiz my friend.  I AM proud of Norwich City.  Of course I am.  We are holding our own in the best league in the world.  I left the ground today and I couldn''t put my feelings into words. I wasn''t p***ed off, I wasn''t disappointed.  I knew we were going to lose but still felt annoyed that we had!  I''m a Norwich fan and even when I know we''ll lose, I still get down when we do!

I won''t mention Helveg too much as I have on other threads but let me say this:  All too often he gets the basics wrong.  Passing and looking.  It''s school boy stuff.  Whether he did it in Euro 2004 or Serie A doesn''t bother me at all.  It''s what he does in a yellow shirt that bothers me.  I know a lot of people disagree with me but in my opinion Helveg gets paid a hell of a lot of money to do a job which I don''t think he is doing anyway near satisfactorily.

Well said Wizard so we lost who cares we was always gonna get beat at places like Chelski so what. All that matters we support our team n our players good or bad though thick n thin give them the 100% backin they deserve for puttin us in this position in the first place.

Or would some of you like to go back to the dark days of Hamilton n some of great players he signed (not)n have to watch Walsall (no offence)on a wet Tuesday night in february?

Like in my last post i know what i prefer? The question is what do prefer?

Old Trafford n Anfield or Home Park n Greasty Rd

a no brainer really so get behind the lads n stop moanin n start supportin !!!!!!!!!!

I didn''t expect to win today but it''s very frustrating when three of their goals were given to them on a plate. They hadn''t really ventured into our half until Helveg put Duff through, Doc''s pass didn''t reach another city player but then again I can''t really blame him as we were trying to play it around in our own half before putting him under pressure.

If we had someone with a bit of pace, power and skill up front today then we could have made a game of it....still a couple of players in the next few weeks and we could be comfortable

[quote]Helveg and the Doc mess up, hang em'' high, and castrate them!. Judging already by the responses from some of you, we should ditch Thomas and the Doc after today performance. With Palace going down 5...[/quote]

Wizard - so its OK for you to voice your negative opinions on some Norwich players but no one else can? To be honest I am not to distraught after losing to Chelsea, life goes on and we will have more important games than that today. However, at 0-0 we looked OK and it was a bad error that put us on the back foot immediately, I think it is therefore acceptable for some to voice there opinions on this error. For me it is not the fact that Helveg made this error, it is the fact that he has look less than good enough to play for NCFC in my opinion after numerous appearances, maybe apart from in 1 game. Now to me that sounds like fair criticism.

If I remember correctly you were being less than tolerant in your comments about Gary Holt, a player who has given nothing but 100% whenever he played for Norwich? I don''t think the media hype has helped Helveg (I refer mainly to the moronic and arrogant comments of the Danish coach), but you certainly wouldn''t hear Gary Holt raving on about deserving a place in the starting 11 every week just because of who he is would you?

After watching the highlights it looked to me as though we were holding our own, and it is disappointing to see that the one thing that let us down is an area that premeir league football sides should be doing easily (Passing).

When I was watching MOTD, I was astounded by some of the slow motion play we were doing in our own danger zone!!

Glad the players weren''t panicking but you can be too cool in some situations!!

However it is Chelsea, so not too worried, gonna be a tough game against Spurs!

lets hope we loads of passion, coz the guys have done soo well this season!!!!

well done wiz, i said before the game a 4-0 loss or better i classed as a result, chelsea have been hammering teams better than us so lets look at the positives, bentley had another good game and greeno had loads of practice for next week, so, it''s not all bad!

1st whiz.........

We could have a go at you just as bad for moaning at the POSTERS!

Helveg was being moaned at weeks ago, and so was doc after last week........ I mean its nothing new, they played worse than they did last week and i feel we have a right to express our opinion.

I Myself feel that Doc needs to be swapped for shackell and Helveg for francis.

Never expected us to get anything from the game but the thing I find most worrying is that we didn''t have a single shot on target and a mere 1 off target. Surely these teams haven''t become so invincible that we can''t even register a shot on target against them. Even though I don''t think Svensson nis good enough his absence has given us a very lightweight look upfront over the festive period. If Worthy is serious about getting a striker I hope a deal is sorted pre christmas so he can play after 1st january.

[quote]Wizard - so its OK for you to voice your negative opinions on some Norwich players but no one else can? To be honest I am not to distraught after losing to Chelsea, life goes on and we will have more ...[/quote]

Marty: Can I correct you on a couple of points you made in your otherwise excellent post?.

1. I have only been critical of Gary Holt this season, indeed, like Malky, he was one of City''s hero''s last season, it has become sadly evident, that he has not been able to step up a class in the premiership. 100% commitment is not enough unfortunately at this level, skill and first touch are!.

2. He has, despite the latter comment, been ever present until recently despite his form. Helveg has only had a few starts.

3. Of course I have, and you and others have, the absolute right to express your views, I know I did!. But yesterdays posts were IMO a ''witch hunt'' on Helveg, and some fans?, just couldn''t wait to do it!.

There is a difference you know.

The sad thing for City in all this is, that I now fear Thomas might well be off in January, and the only loser in all this, will be City.

Despite his terrible error, he still looked class, and he didn''t, as some poster''s say, give the ball away all day.

And I''ve seen better players, commit the same mistake as Helveg, in the prem this season as well, and you would love them here, believe me.

I shall end with the quote from football first last night, ''Well, Norwich certainly have not disgraced themselves, despite this defeat!''.

And thats all I ever ask!.

I have always said that if you give 100% for the team, which the players did yesterday, but on the day you are beaten by a better side, then so be it.  That was the case yesterday although it took a little help from a couple of our players to help Chelsea out.  If you listened to their manager he thought we had the BEST of the first half even though we went in 3-0 down.

Last week against Bolton we stroked the ball around, still made some mistakes at the back, but went on to win.  Yesterday we stroked the ball around, made a couple of mistakes, and were punished by the best side in the Premiership. 

We know we are not the quickest at the back, and we don''t have a striker who consistently puts the ball in the net, but we are not in the bottom three, and that is what counts at the end of the day, and at the end of the season.

If we need a reminder of how well we are doing then just look at yesterday''s other results for the teams in the relegation places:

Birmingham 4  -  WBA  0   City drew at Birmingham.

Spurs 5  -  Southampton  1  City drew at Spurs. 

Man Utd  5  -  Crystal Palace  2   City were unlucky to lose 2 - 1.

I was at the beamback yesterday and enjoyed seeing us competing as best we could against arguably the best club side in Europe, and possibly the world, at the moment.  Sure we were well beaten in the end, but we have not turned into a bad side overnight.  To think that would be plain daft in my opinion...and yet there was a fair smattering of ''dafties'' (I''m being very polite here!) sitting in my immediate vicinity who were screaming at the screen for this person or that to be taken off, for us to play like worldbeaters, and even just shouting - yes, you''ve guessed it - copious amounts of the usual negative dross that we put up with from the stands at all home games, except when we''re winning and playing like we cost £162 million that is!!!

One ''dafty'' ,who seemed to have left his brain at home (and I''m making an assumption there I know!), screamed so many times that Helveg should be taken off that I couldn''t stand it any more.  Upon asking him (politely, of course) who should come off the bench to replace Mr. H. he replied, "put Shackell on".  I was stunned!  "What?  In midfield?", I asked.  "Well he''s better than Helveg", was the incisive reply I received!  With supporters like that one there''s no point in saying any more.  Someone pass me the sick bucket please.  My only consolation, I suppose, is that no club is without its ''dafties''.  Why oh why did I have to be so close to one on a day when there would be so much ammunition for them to dangerously throw about?

Wiz, your hypocrisy astounds me at times or has The Man''s criticism turned you into a paragon of virtue?

Could you please give us all a list of who can be criticised and who you deem to be immune so we can abide by your rules?

Ok , Helveg made a mistake, which I can accept, but just because he''s a Danish international from Serie A (a fact which we have to be perstistently reminded by his supporters) doesn''t mean his ****************** He was poor yesterday, end of story. How many times was he easily hustled off the ball? How many poor passes did he make (and don''t give me the tired baloney of the intended recipients being at fault) If it had been Holt there would be a queue going for the jugular.

We didn''t have any central midfielders on the bench to replace him but surely Francis will step straight back in if Helveg plays like that. If TH can be praised on the basis of one good performance (last week) then surely he can be criticised for one (one more) bad one.

To lose 4-0 to Chelsea is no real disgrace. We''re not the first and we won''t be the last. On the plus side, at least Bentley proved that you can produce 2 good consecutive peformances.

p.s. incidently were you at the game yesterday. had you paid £40 plus travel etc? I just wanted to check you were watching the same game as me.

susieb, you''re forgetting Helveg is a foreigner so he can''t possibly be any good can he?

I''m amazed at all of the threads that have started up over this one. I can''t believe that any City supporter in their right mind believed they would go to Stamford Bridge and come away with a win. A point possibly if all things fell into place, but anything other than a loss, you have to be kidding.

Similarly, I''m amazed at how many so called fans are on here praising Helveg for his performance one week and slamming his performance the next. Zero to hero to zero all in the space of 2 weeks. Geez!

I''d concur with many of the other noters that Helveg''s experience is going to be really useful in the long stretch, assuming he doesn''t get totally pissed off with the way some of "our" supporters behave.

My Christmas wish is that a whole bunch of the noters that have slagged off players in this forum get a real doze of reality and come back to note without the "whiplash effect" when players have an off day.

[quote]I have always said that if you give 100% for the team, which the players did yesterday, but on the day you are beaten by a better side, then so be it. That was the case yesterday although it took a l...[/quote]

spot on SF

I think Silver Fox has got it spot on, we need to think about the results of other teams at the foot of the table. We''re doing ok so far. All we need is for three teams to be worse than us over the season and there are four or five candidates. I think we can stay up but it may be with a historically low points total.

People need to calm down, we''ve lost to Chelsea ..... throw your toys out of the pram if we lose to the likes of West Brom ........ and if you need to see how far we''ve come in the last year and a bit try slumming it and watch a game of fizzy pop football, we sat through the Forest Leicester game on Friday night and it was shocking.

[quote]Wiz, your hypocrisy astounds me at times or has The Man''s criticism turned you into a paragon of virtue? Could you please give us all a list of who can be criticised and who you deem to be immune so...[/quote]

Fillet: You judge me harshly mate, Of course posters can criticise, hell, I do it often enough!.

What got up my nose, was the ''knee jerk'' reaction to Helveg''s mistake, and ignoring the many good points of his performance on Saturday.

I swear people were posting their moans on here 5 minutes after the bloody game ended!.

ie. They couldn''t wait, where were they after the Bolton game?, no doubt praising him I suspect.

And you say I''m a hypocrite!.

Pleeeeease!..