Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Who, between Ipswich & Norwich, has the highest average attendance this season again?

Answers please to Simon Clegg, Portaloo Road, Ipswich.

I thnk Simon it might just be that "small club"

"We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham."

We actually have a higher post-war average attendance than them, despite (yes i hate to admit it...) them being generally the more successful club.  Fan-base wise, we are clearly the bigger club and i think they know that and really resent it.

YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.

[quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.
[/quote]most successful club in 2010 [;)]

Well bluemike, how many games have you won this season?

I don''t care if were in League one, we have a League one team, your mean''t to have a championship team.....but your just crap, don''t have any fans, and still try to pretend to be the better team.....

Just watch the football league show. All of those empty blue seats say enough for me! championship team but league 2 fans.

[quote user="birchfest"]Just watch the football league show. All of those empty blue seats say enough for me! championship team but league 2 fans.
[/quote]

bit generous [;)]

At the end of the day this ''who has won more'' stuff is a pile of crap - the truth is that neither of us has won that many trophies and, promotion aside, you have to go back a quarter of a century before either of us won something - and that was us with the Milk Cup.....though between us we do have 3 Div1/Champs titles (2-1 to us) since.

Btw, I do always find it funny when you look on wiki at Ipswich''s ''honours'' - it includes semi final appearances as though they are honours of some sort, and even two "finalist" appearances in the charity shield.....ffs, but if that isn''t clutching at straws I don''t know what is!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]LOL 2 charity sheild finalist appearences...what next...Hospital Cup final appearences?[/quote]

Ah... I''ve got a hospital cup medal knocking about somewhere [Y]

Like i always say...If Piswich got promoted they would have to take there Micky Mouse stars off of there shirts!Agree they have been more succesful than us but over my lifetime we have been far more successful.

Of course to be associated with the charity shield you have to have won the league or FA cup, hence the reason Naaaarwich will never have any connection to it. Yes our success came a long time ago, at least we''ve had some, using your logic Englands world Cup win in 1966 means fuck all, not relevent because it happened so long ago ? What a pathetic train of thought.

http://www.the-football-club.com/big-clubs.htmlYou have the higher averages, we have... oh yeah; everything else. ;)

Sorry, bluemike, but if you are moaning at me you have completely missed my main point - ie that we have neither of us won that much to brag about. What we do have is rather long in the past is merely a fact - it is neither relevant nor irrelevant - but what is a bit sad is that I can''t really see it changing in the short term for either of us.

Surely you have to admit that your wiki page does rather smack of clutching at straws. I''d openly admit that ours is sadly short, but at least it only shows what we''ve actually won or been runners-up in, rather than scraping the barrell with Members cup s-f appearances, as if they are in any way an honour. And I''m not sure there are many people who really consider the charity shield to be a ''final'', or even particulatrly a real trophy, come to that.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry, bluemike, but if you are moaning at me you have completely missed my main point - ie that we have neither of us won that much to brag about. What we do have is rather long in the past is merely a fact - it is neither relevant nor irrelevant - but what is a bit sad is that I can''t really see it changing in the short term for either of us.

Surely you have to admit that your wiki page does rather smack of clutching at straws. I''d openly admit that ours is sadly short, but at least it only shows what we''ve actually won or been runners-up in, rather than scraping the barrell with Members cup s-f appearances, as if they are in any way an honour. And I''m not sure there are many people who really consider the charity shield to be a ''final'', or even particulatrly a real trophy, come to that.[/quote] Im not moaning at anyone BP, i just dont see how having more fans makes a team bigger than others, if thats the case Newcastle are a bigger club than say Everton ? I dont think so. And we all know Wiki is crap anyone can post something on there, its not even worth reading.

[quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.
[/quote]

Well bluemike, i`m now officially middle-aged and i`m afraid i can`t remember any of the success your club supposedly had.  I`ll take your word for it though, but as Arthur has pointed out, there are plenty of other tin-pot clubs who`ve won things in the dim and distant past and frankly it`s only of interest to geriatrics with nothing better to talk about.

The fact is that if we had a 30,000 ground we would finish this season with average attendances about 40% higher than yours at the lowest level our club has been for 50 years, which is highly embarrassing for you.

[/quote]

It must be a real kick in the teeth that Roys Revolution still can''t attract bigger crowds than a club that plays in a lower league.... their bitterness consumes them.

Any Norwich fans accepts that they have been the most successful trophies wise but they just can''t accept facts that they are the regions second club. Bless their little inferior cotton socks :o)

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry, bluemike, but if you are moaning at me you have completely missed my main point - ie that we have neither of us won that much to brag about. What we do have is rather long in the past is merely a fact - it is neither relevant nor irrelevant - but what is a bit sad is that I can''t really see it changing in the short term for either of us. Surely you have to admit that your wiki page does rather smack of clutching at straws. I''d openly admit that ours is sadly short, but at least it only shows what we''ve actually won or been runners-up in, rather than scraping the barrell with Members cup s-f appearances, as if they are in any way an honour. And I''m not sure there are many people who really consider the charity shield to be a ''final'', or even particulatrly a real trophy, come to that.[/quote] Im not moaning at anyone BP, i just dont see how having more fans makes a team bigger than others, if thats the case Newcastle are a bigger club than say Everton ? I dont think so. And we all know Wiki is crap anyone can post something on there, its not even worth reading.
[/quote]

Ah bless! Mike it''s simple...

Club A (Norwich) has more supporters / members / season ticket holders / highest attendance in history between the two clubs

Club B (Binmen) has less supporters / members / season ticket holders / lowest attendance in history between the two clubs and millions less have watched their games in their history

So the biggest club is? Go on you can do it........ (or can he? LOL!)

You seem to have ignored my previous post. I don''t know what a ''big'' club is, I suppose it''s definition varies from person to person. But a NEUTRAL website has listed us as a bigger club than you. Biased fans will obviously take the side of their team, but the neutral is always right ;)

[quote user="Gus"]You seem to have ignored my previous post. I don''t know what a ''big'' club is, I suppose it''s definition varies from person to person. But a NEUTRAL website has listed us as a bigger club than you. Biased fans will obviously take the side of their team, but the neutral is always right ;)
[/quote]

I agree, it depends how you define "big club".  The thing is, everyone creams over the "North-East giants" of Newcastle and Sunderland who have won nothing for decades.  Why?  Because of their fanbase.  As nobody considers Burnley and Huddersfield to be big clubs, despite their history, it`s pretty obvious that fan-base is by far the most important criteria.