Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Please let us sign Whitbread today

Very anxious to see this signing go through as (i) will be a good sign thats what lambert has been busy doing for the last 24 hours or so and that he''s not plotting to jump ship and (ii) is the one signing I think we really need to address our current weaknesses (otherwise know as Michael Nelson).

Really hoping for some good news on this one today.

If we sign him, which I think we will, I wonder who will start games once Askou is fit again? Will the Dane have to work his way back into the team, or will his performances in the first half of the season merit an immediate return? It''s not like you can say the Doc has played badly so far this season either. Will be great to have real competition for this position for the first time since both Kennedy and Dejan got themselves injured last season.

I think the only issue is personal terms unless something showed up in his medical. A  move to Posh in the summer broke down because of his wages demands.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]If we sign him, which I think we will, I wonder who will start games once Askou is fit again? Will the Dane have to work his way back into the team, or will his performances in the first half of the season merit an immediate return? It''s not like you can say the Doc has played badly so far this season either. Will be great to have real competition for this position for the first time since both Kennedy and Dejan got themselves injured last season.
[/quote]

I think it will be a case of Doc becoming the bench warmer, and fill in where needed or shipped out, I hope not but I''m not the Manager

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Very anxious to see this signing go through as (i) will be a good sign thats what lambert has been busy doing for the last 24 hours or so and that he''s not plotting to jump ship and (ii) is the one signing I think we really need to address our current weaknesses (otherwise know as Michael Nelson).

Really hoping for some good news on this one today.

[/quote]

Don''t call Nelson our weak link, you''ll upset Wiz! He''s still convinced he''s first choice CB ahead of Doc!

doc has had a good season this year.. thanks to askou

I do however think the fact he has been our best defender in a poor team is not moving forward

and if we sign whitbread, then if seabourne is so good then please sign him we need to get players in who can build a partnership for next season

whitbred, askou, seabourne? and spillane for me next year

doc is in his last year and however well he has played this year, he has struggled in the championship and should not be signed for a=nother season

we know what he can and can''t do he is not getting better hence we want players who year on year are improving

so yes central defenders are needed and the sooner the better