Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Has anyone been turned down for a home end Col Who ticket ?

Interested to know.

Has anyone been turned down, not received their ticket or had their ticket voided?

Mate tryed to book my tickets (colchester address) and was turned down on the phone as he wasn''t registered and hadn''t bought tickets before.

Apparently there have been a lot of Norwich fans trying to buy tickets according to the box office girl....

Now trying another route.....

That''s just daft. A Colchester address!! Where do they expect any new fans to come from?

There must have been loads of Norwich postcode sales. What are they doing with those?

Box office says they have a pile of online sales waiting to go to NR post codes that they are in the process of cancelling

God alone knows what will happen if they cancel the tickets they''ve already sent to NR - they''ll end up with hundreds turning up who can''t get in when the bar codes are scanned on the gate...hope they''re chairman''s happy

It says on the official site" Where we suspect visiting fans may be buying home areas, these fans will contacted and the tickets refunded"

I was contacted by CUFC but without giving to much detail I got a couple of Colchester based family members to collect them from the ticket office. Job done.

Thats not strickly true SHTTA. Even if paying cash at their box office they are still requesting evidence of name and address.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]If you have the time, drive to Colchester and buy them from their shop in town and pay cash, then there is no way of them telling. Depends how desperate for a ticket you are really.[/quote]

Think they''ve tightened up in the last 3 weeks and aren''t selling them to anyone not on their customer base.

got the phone call yesterday bloke at the box office said he was going through hundreds 

keeping him to busy and he was sick off the place

I got a message yesterday saying that my application had been refused and money refunded because I was in an NR postcode and not bought before.  They are refunding money - probably didnt have to under the ground regs but I guess they may be reselling the tickets (if they bar you they dont have to refund but they cant resell)

This whole thing is going to end badly, Colchester seem to be whipping up a bit of a frenzy, pitching Norwich fans vs Colchester fans. There has never been any nastiness between our two clubs and I just hope this doesn''t backfire horribly. If there is trouble at the game I think the Colchester board will have to take a long hard look at themselves, I understand they feel aggrieved about Lambert, I would too but this just seems like madness.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I was contacted by CUFC but without giving to much detail I got a couple of Colchester based family members to collect them from the ticket office. Job done.
[/quote]

Same here, got friends in Bury to go and get some for me.

Hello FolksNewbie to the board I come in peace!There are very few tickets left for this game now, around 300 in total which are going very quickly, obviously if we are cancelling your tickets in the home areas there could be a few hundred more up for grabs. I would not advise anyone to sit in the home ends if you are found the stewards will almost certainly chuck you out, and if things get nasty as they did with the Leeds fans you could get a hiding as well!Robbie Cowling has no dispute with you the fans it is just your board nicking our manager and backroom staff and then not being prepared to pay reasonable amounts of compensation for it, I expect it will go to the wire now and possibly cost you a lot of money and maybe points as well. The only club to get a bigger allocation than normal has been Leeds, I see some of you guys thought Southampton got extra places, this was not the case as they could not fill the stand they had, Southend United wanted more tickets last season and were turned down as well. Looks like it could be a lively day if both teams turn up on the day ready for a battle, if we have another Preston performance it will be grim!

[quote user="Colchester fan"]Hello FolksNewbie to the board I come in peace!There are very few tickets left for this game now, around 300 in total which are going very quickly, obviously if we are cancelling your tickets in the home areas there could be a few hundred more up for grabs. I would not advise anyone to sit in the home ends if you are found the stewards will almost certainly chuck you out, and if things get nasty as they did with the Leeds fans you could get a hiding as well!Robbie Cowling has no dispute with you the fans it is just your board nicking our manager and backroom staff and then not being prepared to pay reasonable amounts of compensation for it, I expect it will go to the wire now and possibly cost you a lot of money and maybe points as well. The only club to get a bigger allocation than normal has been Leeds, I see some of you guys thought Southampton got extra places, this was not the case as they could not fill the stand they had, Southend United wanted more tickets last season and were turned down as well. Looks like it could be a lively day if both teams turn up on the day ready for a battle, if we have another Preston performance it will be grim![/quote]Brave lad :)I understand the dispute with our board, they were all naughty boys and sure the tribunal will think that also (doubt the point reduction though as we weren''t that naughty)The main problem I have with it is that the fans are being punished, and by Colchester saying "you can''t have tickets and don''t even think about sitting in the home areas" is basically laying down the gauntlet and can only lead to tension. Usually if you find yourself near an away fan in the home section, there might be some friendly banter but rarely anything nasty. The difference with this game is all the fans already have their backs up and tensions will boil over.Hope for a good game and a lovely Norwich win.

i dont think there is anything inflamatory about refusing additional tickets, nor suggesting that away fans shouldnt go in the home ends. normally i wouldnt suggest there would be specific issues there and in fact fans have been moved into the away end on previous occasions. for this game though it wont happen or be able to happen as there will be no space in the away end, or anywhere else. i think the fact it will be a sell out vindicates the chairmans decision to not allow extra tickets to away fans (especially as there would also have to be an area of seating used as segregation.)

[quote user="eddy melito"]i think the fact it will be a sell out vindicates the chairmans decision to not allow extra tickets to away fans (especially as there would also have to be an area of seating used as segregation.)[/quote]Both you and Clowning are missing the point by a country mile.Col Who haven''t just miraculously gained 100''s or 1000''s of new fans, the ticket uptake has been heavily boosted by NCFC fans in disguise.Of course I may be wrong and you might be looking at crowds of 10,000 for all your remaining home matches too as all these ''new fans'' purchase tickets but that has to be very unlikely. The club know they''ve sold a large amount of tickets to NCFC fans, why are people still pretending otherwise?

you are correct, we haven''t just gained 1000s of fans, but this game has drawn out all of our casual fans and fans that only come out for a handfull of bigger games a season. its become a game not to miss. im sure there will be some norwich fans in home ends, but im not convinced on the numbers you seem to suggest. i know people within the club and how hard they are working to weed out any norwich (see how easy it is to write the opposition name correctly rather than silly needless jokes!) fans. normally it wouldnt be such an issue, but with nowhere else to move people to they will be ejected and can only blame themselves as they knew what they were doing when they bought the tickets. its a bit like speeding. i speed, and if i get caught i will accept it knowing i was making the decision to do it.

The ground regulations state that away fans will be removed from home areas if found, the club are doing their best to find the fans who have bought tickets in the home ends from Norwich and sending their money back to save them travelling getting in and then not seeing much of the game. I dont think that many Colchester fans hate Norwich fans, they are more disgusted by your board and the Lambert 3, they are going to get hammered (Vocally of course). Providing there are not too many trouble makers attracted from either side I think any rivalry will be banter rather than violence, after all this is not the 70''s and 80''s when as I remember it was pretty much the norm!

It''s a bit like that Chelsea cup game a few years ago when we took 6000 to Stamford Bridge which was more than we got at home, not that Norwich are a big attraction as such, the situation created by the two boards has made this a must see game.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Colchester fan"]Hello FolksNewbie to the board I come in peace!There are very few tickets left for this game now, around 300 in total which are going very quickly, obviously if we are cancelling your tickets in the home areas there could be a few hundred more up for grabs. I would not advise anyone to sit in the home ends if you are found the stewards will almost certainly chuck you out, and if things get nasty as they did with the Leeds fans you could get a hiding as well!Robbie Cowling has no dispute with you the fans it is just your board nicking our manager and backroom staff and then not being prepared to pay reasonable amounts of compensation for it, I expect it will go to the wire now and possibly cost you a lot of money and maybe points as well. The only club to get a bigger allocation than normal has been Leeds, I see some of you guys thought Southampton got extra places, this was not the case as they could not fill the stand they had, Southend United wanted more tickets last season and were turned down as well. Looks like it could be a lively day if both teams turn up on the day ready for a battle, if we have another Preston performance it will be grim![/quote]Brave lad :)I understand the dispute with our board, they were all naughty boys and sure the tribunal will think that also (doubt the point reduction though as we weren''t that naughty)The main problem I have with it is that the fans are being punished, and by Colchester saying "you can''t have tickets and don''t even think about sitting in the home areas" is basically laying down the gauntlet and can only lead to tension. Usually if you find yourself near an away fan in the home section, there might be some friendly banter but rarely anything nasty. The difference with this game is all the fans already have their backs up and tensions will boil over.Hope for a good game and a lovely Norwich win.[/quote]You''re NOT being punished though, its OUR home game why should we give you 30% of the ground just because you have a large fanbase? 19% is more than any other club will give you so be grateful for that. Giving you those extra tickets would have denied our own fans the chance to see the match which is wrong, Cowling could have given you the extra and made money, but he''d rather remain loyal to our fans and make sure every Col U fan who wants to go to the game can

[quote user="can u sit down please"]They wont catch me!!
[/quote]

Me neither, I''m far to tricksy

What TWO boards Col fan? The only problem is being caused by your board specifically Mr Clowning. You keep telling us about the returned tickets so assuming you are telling the truth ie lots of tickets ( it now seems upto 1500 ) you have not sold your ground out at all. There are still hundreds with tickets and your so called fans are happily selling tickets for profit.

What must Aidy Boothroyd think of you muppets. You are effectively telling him Lambert is a much better manager than him. And yes before you mention it Lambert will be off to Celtic one day with our best wishes. Let me guess if Boothroyd has some success with you who our number one target will be?. Lets face it Boothroyd has taken you further than Lambert.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]The ground regulations state that away fans will be removed from home areas if found, the club are doing their best to find the fans who have bought tickets in the home ends from Norwich and sending their money back to save them travelling getting in and then not seeing much of the game. I dont think that many Colchester fans hate Norwich fans, they are more disgusted by your board and the Lambert 3, they are going to get hammered (Vocally of course). Providing there are not too many trouble makers attracted from either side I think any rivalry will be banter rather than violence, after all this is not the 70''s and 80''s when as I remember it was pretty much the norm![/quote]

Well some of the ''neutrals'' that I know will be sitting in the home area are not the normal away day boys. If this doesn''t go very nasty I''ll be amazed. I have a London postcode and had no trouble getting four tickets

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Everton col - why dont you get it your ground is not sold out if you are returning hundreds of tickets and if you are not it is full of Norwich fans -[/quote]when I last looked 15 minutes ago there were 9 tickets left, our ticket office staff have told us that all cancelled Norwich fan tickets are made available again on our ticketing website almost immediately. Yes there will be plenty of your lot in our end, but there still would have been if we''d given you extra tickets

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Thats strange Ev I just went on and it allowed 10 in a basket no problem[/quote]

Strange as there are only 7 seats left - I can quote you block, row and seat numbers if you like.