Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

The all clear!

With there almost certainly going to be a press conference 2moro either being signings or pre-match etc . I think well all hear those magic words from lamberts lips "I''m going nowhere me " let''s all hope ay bring on 2moro otbc

I am certain he won''t leave for burnley. This story has essentially come from nowhere. The only reasoning for it is the bookies odds.

Who was favourite to get the city job in august? Was it adkins? Boothroyd? Robins? It certainly wasn''t lambert. What about when roeder got the job? Jewell wasn''t it? Simply cos people put money on it doesn''t mean it will happen.

As soon as the bookies think inside information is leading to a particular candidate receiving a lot of backing, then betting is suspended.

I find all this speculation quite bizarre I must say.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]This story has essentially come from nowhere. The only reasoning for it is the bookies odds.[/quote]The odds for this type of thing have a snowball effect.  Sometimes you just get a run on a candidate, this is the type of thing that happens:

A few people decide to put money on a relative outsider, just because they think the odds are good. 

The bookies see the money going on, so to minimise their risk they reduce the odds. 

More people see that the odds are shortening, indicating the people are putting money on him.  They think that someone is in the know, so they put money to get in before the odds shorten further.

The odds do shorten further due to extra money put on.

People see the odds are getting quite short, so think it must be a sure thing, and put money on. 

The bookies seeing a large number of bets in a short time, they want to protect themselves from fraud, so suspend betting until they investigate.

The press have picked up on it, and stories about being odd-on favorite appear on websites.

Col Who fans go round posting that their sauce saw Lambert in Asda in Burnley!!!! [:P]

Looks like things are starting to change following Lambert''s statement:

Betfair: was 11/4 now 9/1

Paddy Power: was 5/6 now 6/4

William Hill: was 4/6 now evens

Ladbrokes: was 6/4 now 2/1

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I am certain he won''t leave for burnley. This story has essentially come from nowhere. The only reasoning for it is the bookies odds.

Who was favourite to get the city job in august? Was it adkins? Boothroyd? Robins? It certainly wasn''t lambert. What about when roeder got the job? Jewell wasn''t it? Simply cos people put money on it doesn''t mean it will happen.

As soon as the bookies think inside information is leading to a particular candidate receiving a lot of backing, then betting is suspended.

I find all this speculation quite bizarre I must say.[/quote] I think Boothroyd was the favourite to replace Gunn. Apparently Lambert and Roeder weren''t linked with us at all when they got the jobs

Am I the only one who is actually pleased we have a manager who is linked with other jobs, been a long while since that happened.

Excellent point PKC ... can''t recall too many rumours of this kind regarding Rodent, Peter the Pointer or dear old Gunny!

As difficult as it seems, if we continue on our upward curve then this is going to be a regular occurence ... and I wouldn''t want it any other way. At some point in the future (hopefully years rather than months) there will be a job that takes Lambert''s fancy. But, until then guys, enjoy the ride!

OTBC!!