Sign in to follow this  
Gaz Milno

Norwich Closing In On Oli Johnson

According to wiki:[quote]Johnson started his career in the ninth tier of English football with Nostell Miners Welfare, before impressing in a trial with Stockport County. He joined Stockport on 17 October 2008, signing a contract until the end of the season[1] and made his debut as part of a 2-1 loss against Colchester United.[/quote]Seems an odd one...

- probably a very cheap bench warmer(I hope) with potential. His record is not very good, but he was once considered for Fulham. Perhaps PL, or one of the others, feels that in time he could develop.Seems the end for Curo, loan for Cody?

Although not especially young given he''s 22.

I''ll judge him when I see him play for Norwich though, Stockport are pretty poor so I can''t say Im surprised he hasn''t scored too many for them.

most apps from the bench this season. Hodgson was apparently interested in him last season.Anyone know what sort of player he is? at 5 11 he isn''t the sort of target man player I think we could need if Holt got injured. then again we could do with a little more pace in the side...  at 22 I would say he is one to come off from the bench and one for the future.Maybe money plus a swap deal with Cureton? They need exp so that could be a good deal.... Either way, if this is true it adds to the view that jamie is well on his way out of the door. I''d like us to sign a striker, say farewell to curo to free up wages and put COdy out on loan either at stockport or say a club in lower L1 or L2.

Agreed. This is a very odd one. hasn''t really scored, and most of his appearances this year have been from the bench (12 out of 16).

But then he was linked with Fulham in the summer, so he must have something about him. surely?

In Lambert We Trust.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Although not especially young given he''s 22.

I''ll judge him when I see him play for Norwich though, Stockport are pretty poor so I can''t say Im surprised he hasn''t scored too many for them.

[/quote]It''s better than 32

been on trial at West Brom also... With that and Fulham interest in the past it seems he is one with a lot of potential but not quite the finished article. It could be that Johnson is the sort of player that Stockport cannot afford in their current situation... too attack minded and not what you would call a team player... a bit like hucks perhaps... purely guessing btw just by looking at his stats! It''s probably now that we need one of those Football manager geeks to come on and tell us his FM stats... :)

Youngster with potential and hunger to replace Cureton with much cheaper wages!

Why oh why the obsession with loaning out Mcdonald?

Codys only been kept out of the team by one of the highest scoring attacks in English pro football and has done a good job coming of the bench!

I think its very much a cert that if Mcdonald would of been at a poor team like Stockport he''d of been nigh on an ever present!

I am going to hold judgememnt on this one. I didn''t know anything about McKenzie when he came along and he was a decent player at Champ level (he''s shot now btw)

Will look up his stats on Champs (old money) tonight. Think it does clearly indicate the door is open for Cureton.

Simple and effective song already churned out of mind for the lad... let''s hope he can earn the right to have the fans sing it!!

Oliii, Oliii, Oliii, Oliiiii... Johnson

(Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole... Solskjaer)

OTBC!!

According to official Stockpor site he has scored 6 goals in 9 starts + 15 sub appearances in the League. 6 feet tall and 12 stone. Clearly one that Lambert would see as one he can develop.

Just looked on a stockport forum to see what they are saying and the overall opinion is he is a very lazy player! Didn''t say anything about his qualities!

Stockport fans clearly like the potential.... read on

www.county4life.com    Player Of The Month

Oli signed full time in October 2008 after impressing on trial and many wouldn''t have thought that in less than six months, he''d not only be a furst team regular, but also grabbing the lucrative C4L award.

The associations with Liam Dickinson are simple, similar looks, similar leggy running style, yet Oli has got one attribute that Dicko never had - pace.

Even on the quagmire of a pitch at Edgeley, has breakneck speed that often puts defenders on the back foot and with a strike-rate not to be sniffed at, this is why Oli beat off all the other competitors to lift the February gong, grabbing 45% of the vote, with second place Dom Blizzard lagging behind on 18%.

Every time Oli gets the ball, he creates a buzz around Edgeley Park not fekt for someone so raw. A neat touch, a keen reader of the game and certainly knows where the goal is. His winner against Cheltenham Town was top notch, and I know it''s easy to say this, but if that goal was scored by a certain Man United #7, it''d had been given top billing on highlights videos.

Ok, even i his equaliser against Millwall had a lot of luck involved, but he still had the skill to execute the shot, especially in the face of severe provocation from the Milwall defence.

Thing is, rather unlike his precedessor, Oli Johnson doesn''t quite believe he''s as good as he thinks he is, with is another key feature. Oli doesn''t go pounding his chest, performs flicks or well choreographed dance routines, but is just a superb raw talent, and for the time being.

Trust in Lambert and his scouting staff

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Why is his christian name an anagram of oil?[/quote]

Cos he''s black and slick perhaps ? [:D]

[quote user="Getalife"][quote user="Gaz Milno"]According To Sky Sports.He is from Stockport. Striker. Aged 22. [/quote]If he turns out as useful as  Ollie Burton (born 11 November, 1941 who is a member of the Norwich City F.C. Hall of Fame.then Whoopeee.How many recall seeing this NCFC striker ? - A class player.[/quote]Ollie Burton was indeed a good player. But in midfield. Not a striker.[:)]