Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Faith in Lambert Thread.

[quote user="Power Ranger Canary"]of course bookies are rarely wrong when they shorten odds and stop taking bets they dont do that if they dont know somthing.[/quote]It is a lot more to do with what liabilities they will get on each person, than actually what is happening. The odds have been shortened due to a lot of money going on Lambert, a bookies aim is to balance their book and have a small win on each outcome.

Look at it from Burnley''s point of view. You''ve just lost a fan favourite but could still survive in the Prmeiership, but appointing an experienced manager would seem to be the only chance. The likes of Curbishley and Reid, to name but two are potentially available, so why would you appoint someone whose experience is virtually all in the lower divisions?

Yes, Lambert is good, but if I were a Burnley fan I would be seriously underwhelmed.

Signed.This is a bookies money making scam. Bookies are very quiet due to racing being halted by snow. The Burnley market is about the only interesting market that the can manipulate a bit. PL is so odds on with so many potentials listed that they''re should not be 8 more managers under 10/1 - also they''re should be way more at 66 and 100/1. Bookies are trying to make money and I would suggest they know he''s not leaving City but he appears to be an attraction to punters due to his success - hence its safe to take loads of money on him and thus, try and attract even more. Bookies know how the rumour mills work in football.

He won''t go to Burnley.

Celtic, on the other hand.................but, for the moment, signed.

im sure he has enough about him to realise if he moves again this season it wont do his reputation any good , 3 clubs in one season .!!!

for the life of me i cant see why burnley would want to take that much of a gamble on a manager who has not proved himself in the championship let alone the premiership .

im certainly not knocking his abilty nut moving again so quickly without having something solid on the cv wont help him long term .

lets hope he knows where his bread is buttered......... its all media dribble.(again)

I have every faith in his ability as a manager - the best we have had since O''Neill.

But if I was him and offered a prem league job I too would take it.  He has a proven record of moving through clubs so I have no faith that he is going to stay here if he is approached.

What I do now have some faith in is the CEO ability to find a suitable replacement - even if its not of the same calibre as PL,  esp as the best alternative when PL was appointed is now at Barnsley.

Most important thing is, Lambert has faith in himself. Which is why he won''t just leave to the first club that comes along. He knows he''ll get much better offers in the future.

definitelygood thread - lambert going nowhere on the evidence of the betting itself- currently a little over 5/2 and drifting at betfair. if there was any truth he would be 1/5.  makes a good headline though i guess and we do love a good panic.I''m more concerned about saturday being called off

lets be rational here, was lamvert ever favourite to come here? I cant recall that he was. i dont expect him to go, hes starting something that could be very big if managed properly. he constantly goes on about the fan base too which is bloody higher than burnleys!!!

BladyBoy, City fans are getting a bit confused about is the Burnley supporters. Many City fans are saying what crap support Burnley have....well, Burnley only has a population of 80,000, and with bigger clubs and glory hunting possiblitys within miles, I think they have a pretty solid hardcore support.