Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Faith in Lambert Thread.

Ill add my X on this one Wiz.I remain confident with my statement before, earliest he will leave Carrow to seek a better club will be Jan 2011.

For now, though Im sure he will leave eventually! [:P]  Untill I hear anything official Im not worried.... the bookies had that lad from X factor as favorite for the christmas number one and look what happened there! hahahaha

I''ll sign, because a bookmaker told me they take very little money on next manager markets and any amount of money shifts the market significantly. Looking on a couple of Burnly forums it looks like a few of them had £20 on Lambert when he was at 25''s...

Still very confident. He knows where his long term interests lay and in my view it would have to be a significantly bigger club to tempt him away, one that has cash and commands gates of 35 000 plus, not many of those about and to be frank they normally want proven foreign managers

If he leaves now he''ll get a repuation for a manager who doesn''t hang around long and if Burnley got relegated with him in charge he''d be on the scrapheap!

I''m sure that eventually if he has success with us he''ll move onto somewhere like Celtic, but nows far too early!

I am confident that he will stay with us for at least the rest of the season - apparently Roeder and Lambert weren''t link with us at all, but they still came. Let''s hope Boothroyd will be the boss Big Smile [:D]

Signed - to controversially leave TWO clubs in 4 months would give him a mercenary tag that he would NEVER be able to shift.  Plus (as well as he''s doing for us) you can''t prove anything about your ability until you see something through and achieve.  2nd place in January means a lot less than 2nd place at the end of the season.  I think he has to stay until the summer at least if he wants to be taken seriously - he''s a youngish manager and time is on his side.  Other opportunities will come.