Sign in to follow this  
Homerdude

Respecting others opinions

We are all individuals and we are all going to have differing opinions on everything, through these types of forums we can express those opinions, but please, let us not go down the route of personal insults and the very harsh non-constructive criticisms of the team and each other (…and ‘tis the season of goodwill after all!).

Valid constructive criticism is fine; I don’t think anyone would disagree, unfortunately, not everyone looks at the bigger picture – it is easy to pick out mistakes made by certain players, while (either deliberately or not) discounting mistakes by others…

I think that even with our personal preferences regarding personnel on the pitch, we all realise that over a number of games all players will have good games and all players will have bad games? 

Lets be thankful for small mercies…we don’t have Megson in charge, we’re not bottom (or even bottom three) at Christmas, we are in the Premiership, Ipswich aren’t, we could well stay up this season…add your own, the list goes on…

And lets not discount or rubbish others opinions, they are what make us individuals after all…if we have a point to make or if we disagree then with something then say so, but do it politely and constructively.  Let’s get back to some reasoned, seasoned, good old-fashioned debate.

I think it''s a very valid point you have made there homerdude.  Indeed, I was going to start a thread saying a similar thing.

On this wonderful forum, we have different opinions to others.  However, all to often it is made personal against the poster who has made these opinions.  I try (and I hope I succeed) to concentrate on the point made and not the actually poster.  I may retaliate however, which I suppose i shouldn''t do

We need to remember that we are all Norwich City fans and all have the best interests of the club at heart.

[quote]We are all individuals and we are all going to have differing opinions on everything, through these types of forums we can express those opinions, but please, let us not go down the route of personal ...[/quote]

S*d that for a lark! Homedude, insulting each other, is what keeps me going my friend.

Don''t panic, I only jest with you, you''re quite correct of course.

Maybe a seasonal truce would be an idea,

So lets all follow Homedude''s lead, if not, I''ll have a word with my good mate Santa, and you lot won''t be getting anything this year!.

Surely we can keep that up for week, can''t we posters?.

No, thought not!.       

Too late Wiz - I''ve already spoken to the great man, and you must also remember delivery and amount of "goodies" can be directly proportional to behaviour across the whole fifty two weeks, not, as perhaps believed by some "loveable" rogues, just the preceding week leading up to Christmas....!!

I also asked for Drogba, Ferdinand / Terry and Viera, for delivery anytime in January...strangely enough SC went particularly quiet and muttered something like "...no "unintelligible remark" chance sunshine"...??