Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Press conference 2.30pm

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]All better cheers Sainty, hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year.[/quote]

Very cosy.

[/quote]

Your point being?

[/quote]Gunn made this team [:P]

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]Can barely contain myself - a one in every six match scoring machine whose only dubious merit is that Fulham once thought (and then forgot) about thinking about signing him.

Must trust Lambert... must trust Lambert... must - nope, not working on this one, must just be very cheap.[/quote]After Martin had hit his obvious early form he only managed 1 or 2 goals in almost 20 appearences or so.Players can go off the rails, but with the proper management, right atmosphere about the club, and talented players that can act both as role models, and as the catalyst for bringing the best out of the other players on the pitch (in Johnsons case that''d be Russell, Hoolahan and Holt i''d imagine), the performances from then on could be unrecognisable.I don''t consider it a mere coicedence that Holt, Hoolahan and Martins previous records in football are by far and away uncomparable to their performances so far this season.If this lad has talent and potential, we have all the means at hand to bring it out. Lambert knows this i think, and the results could be boundless.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]They''re selling Carrow Road.Lambert''s leaving.Marcus Evans is investing in NCFC.And 1st Wiz is retiring from the Pink Un.You heard it here first![/quote]I''d take that !

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]All better cheers Sainty, hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year.[/quote]

Very cosy.

[/quote]

He''s back! "He''s got hair and we don''t care, Bryan, Bryan Gunn" [:D]

From South London Paper:"

ZAK Whitbread is expected to be unveiled as a Norwich player this

afternoon after his transfer from Millwall for a six-figure sum.

The 25-year-old centre-back, who would have been able to walk away on a

free transfer in the summer, has been locked in talks since Wednesday

night and has passed his medical."

Link

Just read on the pinkun''s Twitter- "Three seats in the carrow road press room suggests two players..." Surely that''s Johnson and Whitbread then.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Player signing.[/quote]

Is your use of the word "Player" definitive?

[/quote]er.....no hence Pete put Player / S......possibly plural....jesus wept.

My inside source tells me it''s Zak Whitbread and Oli Johnson. I cannot reveal my source for obvious reasons but it was the same source who broke the news that the Troy Archibald-Henville and OJ Koroma were signing.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]My inside source tells me it''s Zak Whitbread and Oli Johnson. I cannot reveal my source for obvious reasons but it was the same source who broke the news that the Troy Archibald-Henville and OJ Koroma were signing.
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]My inside source tells me it''s Zak Whitbread and Oli Johnson. I cannot reveal my source for obvious reasons but it was the same source who broke the news that the Troy Archibald-Henville and OJ Koroma were signing.[/quote]Glenn roeder?

I''m quite keen to hear Lambert''s thoughts on Oli Johnson. Surely in the position we''re in we have to be improving the squad. I''ll be interested in hearing how Lambert thinks Oli will do that.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="The 12th Devine"]Can barely contain myself - a one in every six match scoring machine whose only dubious merit is that Fulham once thought (and then forgot) about thinking about signing him. Must trust Lambert... must trust Lambert... must - nope, not working on this one, must just be very cheap.[/quote]

After Martin had hit his obvious early form he only managed 1 or 2 goals in almost 20 appearences or so.

Players can go off the rails, but with the proper management, right atmosphere about the club, and talented players that can act both as role models, and as the catalyst for bringing the best out of the other players on the pitch (in Johnsons case that''d be Russell, Hoolahan and Holt i''d imagine), the performances from then on could be unrecognisable.

I don''t consider it a mere coicedence that Holt, Hoolahan and Martins previous records in football are by far and away uncomparable to their performances so far this season.

If this lad has talent and potential, we have all the means at hand to bring it out. Lambert knows this i think, and the results could be boundless.
[/quote]

Well put BBJ,

People don''t seem to realise that he is coming in as a squad player and not a first teamer. We don''t need a first team striker at the moment. I think this means that Cureton will be going very shortly for a cheap transfer and we will make the savings back on Johnsons wages against what Cureton''s was

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

Very cosy.

[/quote]

Your point being?

[/quote]

Just an observation Sainty.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t know Mr T, maybe miracle upon miracle Radio Norfolk might cover it, won''t hold my breath though lol[/quote]

Nope, something about the amount of costume changes during the local pantomine....oh dear

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Player signing.[/quote]

Is your use of the word "Player" definitive?

[/quote]

er.....no hence Pete put Player / S......possibly plural....jesus wept.
[/quote]

You moron. He edited his post after I posted that. Jesus wept....

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I''m quite keen to hear Lambert''s thoughts on Oli Johnson. Surely in the position we''re in we have to be improving the squad. I''ll be interested in hearing how Lambert thinks Oli will do that.[/quote]Oli Johnson is a good player. He''s better than Jamie and he''s better than Cody. Is that not improving the squad?Some people...

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="The 12th Devine"]Can barely contain myself - a one in every six match scoring machine whose only dubious merit is that Fulham once thought (and then forgot) about thinking about signing him. Must trust Lambert... must trust Lambert... must - nope, not working on this one, must just be very cheap.[/quote]

After Martin had hit his obvious early form he only managed 1 or 2 goals in almost 20 appearences or so.

Players can go off the rails, but with the proper management, right atmosphere about the club, and talented players that can act both as role models, and as the catalyst for bringing the best out of the other players on the pitch (in Johnsons case that''d be Russell, Hoolahan and Holt i''d imagine), the performances from then on could be unrecognisable.

I don''t consider it a mere coicedence that Holt, Hoolahan and Martins previous records in football are by far and away uncomparable to their performances so far this season.

If this lad has talent and potential, we have all the means at hand to bring it out. Lambert knows this i think, and the results could be boundless.
[/quote]

Well put BBJ,

People don''t seem to realise that he is coming in as a squad player and not a first teamer. We don''t need a first team striker at the moment. I think this means that Cureton will be going very shortly for a cheap transfer and we will make the savings back on Johnsons wages against what Cureton''s was

[/quote]

Possibilty of Cureton going has been much discussed. The issue is not a fee but whether there is a club out there prepared to take over Curetons remuneration  or, at least, a decent proportion of it. I doubt that there is such a club.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

Very cosy.

[/quote]

Your point being?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well done that man.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]My inside source tells me it''s Zak Whitbread and Oli Johnson. I cannot reveal my source for obvious reasons but it was the same source who broke the news that the Troy Archibald-Henville and OJ Koroma were signing.
[/quote]

Beat me to it by a minute Bumpy!

Good signings!

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

Very cosy.

[/quote]

Your point being?

[/quote]

[/quote]Oh, you mean like "you come across on here like you were really badly bullied in grammar school", that kind of thing ?  That''s an observation too, isn''t it ?

Team for Saturday------------------Forster---------------------R.Martin--Doherty--Whitbread--Drury---------Smith-----Russell-----Lappin-----------------------Hoolahan------------------------------C.Martin----Holt--------------Subs: Steer, Otsemobor, Nelson, McNamee, Hughes, McDonald, Johnson

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Team for Saturday

------------------Forster-------------------
--R.Martin--Doherty--Whitbread--Drury--
-------Smith-----Russell-----Lappin-------
----------------Hoolahan------------------
------------C.Martin----Holt--------------

Subs: Steer, Otsemobor, Nelson, McNamee, Hughes, McDonald, Johnson
[/quote]

very much doubt whitbread will be in hes been injured and hasnt played for a while!