Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Cody Mac to leave?

With Oli Johnson coming in, does this spell the end of Cody?

Both are same age with pace and limited league experience, i can''t help but think Cody will be shipped out soon?

[quote user="Dogger in Top 2"]

With Oli Johnson coming in, does this spell the end of Cody?

Both are same age with pace and limited league experience, i can''t help but think Cody will be shipped out soon?

[/quote]

would be a real shame!

Can see us keeping him, we''ll need 4 strikers, and if we''re chasing a game being able to bring on Cody, Oli and Mcnamee would be brilliant.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I think JC is certain to go, but Cody may just be loaned out like Chrissy and a few others were in the past.

Cody is too valuable to sell IMHO.

[/quote]

That should be valuable to the team to sell

I''d be tempted to send Cody out on loan to a League Two club for the rest of the season to see how he gets on. He''s not really getting much of a chance here at the minute and we''ll never see if he is going to make it long term as a professional if he doesn''t get any game time.

Oli Johnson already has league one/two games on his CV unlike Cody did before joining us. Maybe a loan move for young Cody to a league two side for the rest of the season, with a view to calling him back if needs be is the best move?

I think JC is certain to go, but Cody may just be loaned out like Chrissy and a few others were in the past.

[/quote]

Who is going to pay his wages ? If you were Curo would you leave Norwich and accept a significant pay cut ?

If JC can find a 2 year deal somewhere he''ll be off, his contract is up in the summer and there''s the very real possibility nobody will want him then, especially if he gets injured. If he can get a 2 1/2 year contract worth more than the 6 months he has left (if not we can pay him off a little bit) he''ll be off. That said, I doubt anyone will offer him a 2 year deal so he''s better off staying here and hoping he can find a 1 year deal in the summer.

'''' He''s not long out of non-league, he''s got quick feet, is quick and strong and hopefully he''ll do well for us."This statement by Lambo about OJ is a it worrying but he has also stated he''s building a squad of young hungry long term players, so that now gives us a strike force of Holt, Martin, McDonald and Johnson, presuming now that Cureton will be shown the door.I think its the perfect strike 4, cause u have the number ones in Holt and Martin and we now have 2 hungry young strikers behind them pushing them all the way.

Either Jamie Cureton leaves now or in the summer.... but I think Cody (getting back to the question in hand) will leave on loan to a league 2 club to gain experience until the end of the season, however Norwich will probably have the option of recalling him whenever they want to.

I think a loan would be perfect for him, hes got potential he just needs competitive matches to get himself sharp and scoring... but it doesnt help that our starters up front are on fire at the moment!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''d be tempted to send Cody out on loan to a League Two club for the rest of the season to see how he gets on. He''s not really getting much of a chance here at the minute and we''ll never see if he is going to make it long term as a professional if he doesn''t get any game time.[/quote]

Spot on. He needs some serious game time to develop, but we need to be able to recall him after a month in case of an injury crisis.

I can''t see Curo getting an English club due to his wages, so I suspect it will be a case of an overseas club or, probably more likely, pay his contract up as per Dejan.

[quote user="First Wizard"]For Cody''s sake he has too.[/quote]

Anyone remember that lad  we released a  few year back without giving him a real chance Dion was it ?we have to hang on to Cody, send him on loan by all means but we have to keep him

[/quote]

agreed.

Although cody has had little time on the pitch its crazy how he has become so popular! [;)]

I don''t think he''ll be going anywhere. He''s always there or there abouts on the team sheet, and a good person to have on the bench. Good substitute for Martin, where as Oli, at 6ft and strong (according to the NCFC) would mean that we could actually take holt off for the last ten mins or so, rather than running him into the ground as we do at the moment...  

[quote user="bjg123"]If JC can find a 2 year deal somewhere he''ll be off, his contract is up in the summer and there''s the very real possibility nobody will want him then, especially if he gets injured. If he can get a 2 1/2 year contract worth more than the 6 months he has left (if not we can pay him off a little bit) he''ll be off. That said, I doubt anyone will offer him a 2 year deal so he''s better off staying here and hoping he can find a 1 year deal in the summer.[/quote]

I doubt that he would earn as much from a 2 year deal elsewhere as he will from the remaining time he has at Norwich. No criticism intended of Cureton, the contract was a two way agreement. I wish him only well.

The more I think about it the more logical a loan out becomes. Beckford went out for a few months on loan after signing for leeds from non-league and he came back a goal machine after getting some games and experince. I think the same thing could happen for Cody.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Who is going to pay his wages ? If you were Curo would you leave Norwich and accept a significant pay cut ?

[/quote]

That won''t be our problem will it if he''s released

it''s not as simple as that we are yellows - we can''t release him without paying off the remainder of his contract.

[quote user="bjg123"]it''s not as simple as that we are yellows - we can''t release him without paying off the remainder of his contract.[/quote]

So we pay him off the rest of his contract, he is one of the highest earners and he isn''t getting games, get shot I say, short term pain for long term gain

If we''re paying off his contract, why get rid of him? To pay off his contract means to pay hi the rest of his wages until it expires (this summer) so if he''s earning 8k a week, that''d mean paying him £192,000 AND leaving him free to join another club. We may as well keep him or hope he finds a club willing to pay him, say, 3k a week and then giving him 120k to leave.

[quote user="bjg123"]it''s not as simple as that we are yellows - we can''t release him without paying off the remainder of his contract.[/quote]

So we pay him off the rest of his contract, he is one of the highest earners and he isn''t getting games, get shot I say, short term pain for long term gain

[/quote]What''s the point though? We pay his full wages and he can go play for someone else? Stuff that, if we are paying him keep him here, you never know how many injuries we might get and hopefully a little of his experience and natural goal scoring gift can rub off on Cody, Martin and Oli.

[quote user="bjg123"]If we''re paying off his contract, why get rid of him? To pay off his contract means to pay hi the rest of his wages until it expires (this summer) so if he''s earning 8k a week, that''d mean paying him £192,000 AND leaving him free to join another club. We may as well keep him or hope he finds a club willing to pay him, say, 3k a week and then giving him 120k to leave.[/quote]

Thats how it works I believe and it would obviously save us money beings he isn''t going to feature much and we are legally obliged to honour his contract.