Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk exile

Looks like Beckford has gone

Spain boy you are a bit deluded if you think losing your 20 goal striker wont affect you. You might have a good defence, but how many goals dod your deendes weigh in with? Not many. Also Grayson has let Beckford leave despite not needing to sell if what you say is true about Leeds have money to burn, so perhaps Grayson is looking to move on to bigger challenges.....cough...Burnley...cough!!!

Hahaha, it will effect them. Look at Man U, no where near the same team after loosing Ronaldo, even after replacing him. Leeds have the best defence in the league but are about to go to the third best strike force in the league. Enjoy 1-1 Spainboy, we will wave on the way past [:P]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="spainboy"]

[quote user="Power Ranger Canary"]leeds i doubt will get 1million of that 2, they let delph go for 7million and got 750k on players according to some leeds fans with that they still couldnt even afford their own ground back, however were in no position to snigger as today it was said sale and leaseback could be a possibility for carrow raod.[/quote]

Grayson only spent that amount cos he didnt think the squad needed much change, and was proven right. why spend if you dont need to??? He got in Doyle on loan who has held his own this season and if we need to we will more than likely make a bid for Max Gradel who clearly loves it here with a 1m-1.5m striker.

Just cos you have 7m it doesnt mean to say you have to blow the lot. Leeds have lost 1 game this season, game Liverpool a cracking game and beat the champions of England in their own back yard. All on spending 750k!!!  Grayson is a genius and a very good manager.

[/quote]

Manure had no interest in the cup this year, they gave you the win so as to take care of bigger and better teams and large pieces of silverware

[/quote]Oh come on, that is blatantly not true. Give credit where it is due, Leeds were superb that night and managed to contain a Man U side that contained Giggs, Rooney and Owen at one point. Beckford''s goal in that game is also the reason a lot of clubs have picked up interest as questions were often asked whether he could cut it against better players. I''m still not convinced, his first touch for the goal was awful and 9 times out of 10 in the Premier League it would of been cleared, but he did very well to put it away.Say what you like about Leeds, but they are clearly the best team in this League and will probably do something similar to Leicester next season. As long as they can replace Beckford of course.

My prediction is that Leeds will now drop out of the automatic places, to be replaced by Huddersfield, and Grayson to go to Burnley. [<:o)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Spain boy you are a bit deluded if you think losing your 20 goal striker wont affect you. You might have a good defence, but how many goals dod your deendes weigh in with? Not many. Also Grayson has let Beckford leave despite not needing to sell if what you say is true about Leeds have money to burn, so perhaps Grayson is looking to move on to bigger challenges.....cough...Burnley...cough!!![/quote]

Problem is, some of you are clinging to hopes that you may catch Leeds.Do you think Grayson will just leave it as it is and get no one in? There is a high chance one of the other strikers I mentioned will be Leeds''s main target. Lee Bernard has only scored 1 goal less than Beckford and he is playing for a poor team. These are the types of players im guaranteed Grayson will be looking at.

Also Leeds could still play Beckford til the end of the season. As they have stated they do not have to accept his transfer. He is contracted under Leeds United til the summer, not til the end of the month.

With the team we have creating chances for strikers it wont be too difficult to get in a striker that will score another 15 goals this season, together with our great scoring midfield.

Leeds will still remain firm favourites to win the title. Nothing will change.!!

Have to say Spain boy I agree with you. Leeds will attract a forward purely on their league placing, let alone ability to cut it next year in the Championship.

I do however, believe this will also apply to us now we are in an automatic promotion slot and can only see the two clubs pulling away from the rest. Here''s a thought; If we beat Exeter tomorrow, win at Walsall, if it''s on and at Col U we will be 12 clear of them... I know they will have 3 in hand but you have to win them.......

The only person that sees things as they are on here is Bethnal Yellow and Green. Was Beckford a one man show against Man Utd? He scored yes but chances were created for him. He rarely chased the ball apart from that. Full credit to the whole team(thats 11 players!!!!) for keeping multi million internationals at bay for 90 minutes.

Ronaldo for Man Utd was something else. He didnt wait for chances to come to him. Ronaldo was an overall great player for them and a totally different kettle of fish to Beckford.

Believe what you want but Leeds will win the league and comfortably with or without Beckford. Accept it!!

[quote user="spainboy"]I do think however you will get 2nd spot[/quote]I thought you told Charlton fans on their website that you thought they would?[:)]

[quote user="Duffman"]Beckford to Liverpool is now being touted about.  
[/quote]

Even Benitez isn''t that daft - cannot see Beckford keeping Torres or Kuyt out of the side somehow

[quote user="morty"][quote user="spainboy"]I do think however you will get 2nd spot[/quote]I thought you told Charlton fans on their website that you thought they would?[:)][/quote]Owned!

I think it''s better for them he leaves this window than not. If he''s leaving on a free he''s not going to want to risk injuring himself and throwing a move in the summer in jeopardy, getting rid now and bringing in a hungry striker who''ll make the most of the chances their excellent midfield creates. Lee Barnard would be ideal and I''m gutted we''ve not signed him. Leeds are the best team in this league, they''ve proven that in the first half and I fully expect them to win the league, even if Grayson AND Beckford leave.

[quote user="bjg123"]I think it''s better for them he leaves this window than not. If he''s leaving on a free he''s not going to want to risk injuring himself and throwing a move in the summer in jeopardy, getting rid now and bringing in a hungry striker who''ll make the most of the chances their excellent midfield creates. Lee Barnard would be ideal and I''m gutted we''ve not signed him. Leeds are the best team in this league, they''ve proven that in the first half and I fully expect them to win the league, even if Grayson AND Beckford leave.[/quote]

You''re obviously a deluded Leeds fan !! 

No I''m not, I''m a Norwich fan who realises we''re unlikely to catch them and that they''re a fair way ahead of us, and have a better squad.

[quote user="bjg123"]No I''m not, I''m a Norwich fan who realises we''re unlikely to catch them and that they''re a fair way ahead of us, and have a better squad.[/quote]

We''re the better team on the pitch on current form, top scorers in the division, and thus we will eventually overtake Leeds, give a fair crack with injuries. As far as the squad is concerned, given our recent signings and Leeds'' impending squad depletions, that is very debatable.  

We''ve won 6 of our last 10 in all competitions, Leeds have won 7, including beating Man Utd. Our form is pretty much the same as theirs, both are rarely dropping points, Leeds have only lost 1 league game all season. Leeds'' impending squad depletions is 1 player, I can''t see Beckford leaving being too big a deal, there are a lot of good players about for them to replace him with, they could get Le Fondre and Barnard and still have change.

[quote user="bjg123"]No I''m not, I''m a Norwich fan who realises we''re unlikely to catch them and that they''re a fair way ahead of us, and have a better squad.[/quote]Yes, but you can''t legislate for what happens to a squad when a key player leaves - even if you do think they have adequate replacements. They may carry on as strong as they are currently, or they may not gel quick enough, and drop a few points. Then the psychological issues come into play, as they did last season.

the psychological issues are just as likely to come into play for us as for Leeds, so it''s not really relevant, also, our squad is less able to deal with injuries than theirs imo.

Lambert has just stated his full commitment to the cause, so it would appear that everybody at Norwich is pulling together more than ever. That certainly cannot be said for Leeds who seem to be about to fall apart. [<:o)] 

[quote user="bjg123"]the psychological issues are just as likely to come into play for us as for Leeds, so it''s not really relevant, also, our squad is less able to deal with injuries than theirs imo.[/quote]I never said they wouldn''t. It''s relevant because we are not (as far as I know) on the brink of actually losing a key player, whereas Leeds reportedly are. Besides which, we don''t have the monkey on our back of having almost won the league twice, but cocked it up both times.All I''m saying is that it is no means a certainty that Beckford''s replacement will come in and score as many goals as Beckford, whereas you and spainboy seem to think that''s a given.

Love this description of Beckford in the Guardian:

''Beckford boasts wonderful acceleration, but that jaw-dropping change of pace is often undermined by a tendency to snatch at chances, a seemingly cloudy understanding of the offside law and the suspicion that his feet are quicker than his brain''

[quote user="bjg123"]the psychological issues are just as likely to come into play for us as for Leeds, so it''s not really relevant, also, our squad is less able to deal with injuries than theirs imo.[/quote]

It seems a lot of people think this "in their opinion". What makes you come to that conclusion? Have you studied the depth and quality of their Squad?

[Y] We just need Snodgrass to hurry up and go to Middlesborough now. I''m surprised we haven''t had any offers for Holty yet [*-)] or maybe Lambert still hasn''t plugged his telephone back into it''s socket.

I can see their full squad, so can you, here it is:

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/PlayerProfileIndex

Clearly they have more strength in defence, not only do they have the best 5 in the league, as shown by the GA column in the table, but they have depth, unlike us. Bromby and Kilkenny are backed-up by Marques and Michalik, who have been with the club a while and been league 1 starters.

Andy Hughes, whilst a bit shit, is good back-up in a lot of positions, and they have lots of CMs aside from him, Howson and Doyle are all class, and Kilkenny is very good back-up. Robinson and Prutton are experienced back-up.

On the wings they have Johnson and Snodgrass, with Gradel proving and excellent impact sub, as shown against us, and Snodgrass is up there with Wes as the best player in this league.

Up front, once Beckford goes, they look a bit short, but will invest, Becchio is decent, and they have plenty of numbers there.

[quote user="bjg123"]No I''m not, I''m a Norwich fan who realises we''re unlikely to catch them and that they''re a fair way ahead of us, and have a better squad.[/quote]

their squad is no different to last year as spainboy has told us :) well they cocked it up and one other word ''watford''