Sign in to follow this  
Cowling Is A W*nk*r!!!!!

DECISION EXETER ON MATCH AT 12PM SATURDAY

Why leave it so late we know the pitch will be fine so just a case of if  it''s safe to travel if thats true it''s poor.

That''s good news, must mean that as we speak there is no reason to call it off, would only be called off due to severe adverse conditions tomorrow.

The only reason the game will get called off (that I can think of) is

(i) The temperature is below -6 because then the undersoil heating becomes ineffective.

(ii) The road and pathways surrounding Carrow Rd. are too dangerous to walk on, personally I think this is a bit of a lame excuse but there we go...

(iii) There is about a foot or more of snow which would mean they wouldn''t turn the undersoil heating on for fear of flooding the pitch.

All said I reckon the game will go ahead, especially if they''re talking about making a decision at 12.

Is this made up?

For the reasons given above, i.e. the pitch is fine, I find this very strange. Although, as is also said above, it may be that there is no reason to call it off, but don''t want to give us all a stick to beat them with by saying it is definitely on.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]On this basis, I can see a lot of Exeter fans staying at home - if they have any sense.[/quote]

"A lot of Exeter fans" - bit of an oxymoron?

I suspect that this is an arse covering exercise because of all possible conditions heavy snow can change things the quickest. If all is well at 12 and we then get a huge blizzard the club can justifiably hold up it''s hands and say had done all it could but was beaten by severe weather.

Talk about leaving it to the last minute.

That''s really unfair on those of us who need to commit to leaving home before 8am to ensure we get there. Could be a wasted journey. Not sure I''ll bother if it could get called off. Why risk driving/travelling in these conditions if we could be told it''s off?

Norwich have loads of exiled fans. Please think about us!

Just said on 5Live that game is on - no mention of a review at 12 here:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1925717,00.html

Just that situation being constantly monitored.

The Exeter team were apaprently due to leave Exeter at 11am and I believe they have left. If the area around the ground was unsafe then it would''ve been called off by now, having a pitch inspection at 12 before a game this weekend is just sensible.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]

Talk about leaving it to the last minute.

That''s really unfair on those of us who need to commit to leaving home before 8am to ensure we get there. Could be a wasted journey. Not sure I''ll bother if it could get called off. Why risk driving/travelling in these conditions if we could be told it''s off?

Norwich have loads of exiled fans. Please think about us!

[/quote]

Personally if I were you, with that distance to travel I would have some doubts, I would be checking the weather sites on BBC and Met office, or even Radio Norwich website (who I think they said have road, weather and transport updates).

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]If I don''t fall over outside the ground for the press conference then I can assure you no-one will.[/quote]

Are you accidnet prone in the snow then Pete?

I understood it was on subject to nothing other than the weather becoming serious overnight and making it dangerous to go. Dont think there is anything planned for 12 just they will assess in the morning but are expecting the game to go ahead

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]If I don''t fall over outside the ground for the press conference then I can assure you no-one will.[/quote]

[/quote]

Like a new-born deer...

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Like a new-born deer...

[/quote]I believe you, after following you over the bridge and up Rouen Road after the Millwall game!

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]The Exeter team were apaprently due to leave Exeter at 11am and I believe they have left. If the area around the ground was unsafe then it would''ve been called off by now, having a pitch inspection at 12 before a game this weekend is just sensible.
[/quote]

I''m sure I read that the Exeter team left by coach at 9am this morning, in which case they will probably be tucked up in a warm room at Dunston Hall by now.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

they are brining a few tommorow by the looks of the cordon at carrow road.

[/quote]

Bet there''s no more than 300 planning to travel.

[/quote]

Like a new-born deer...

[/quote]We know all about those legendary long lunches you journalists enjoy..............hope you stuck to the fruit juice today.

[/quote]

Like a new-born deer...

[/quote]haha me too! Pretty sure that there would have been an inspection of around the ground by the police already and if the game is still on i would imagine that unless there is a turn in the weather the game will be on.

[quote user="Cowling Is A Wnkr"]From my man on the scene as we speak. Think its a bit unfair on Exeter fans leaving it till saturday dinnertime. Surely they know what the forcast is going to be and can make a decision today.[/quote]

I can''t believe we would leave it that late, Exeter fans will be nearly here by then.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cowling Is A Wnkr"]From my man on the scene as we speak. Think its a bit unfair on Exeter fans leaving it till saturday dinnertime. Surely they know what the forcast is going to be and can make a decision today.[/quote]

I can''t believe we would leave it that late, Exeter fans will be nearly here by then.

[/quote]

You''re right, the club wouldn''t and this is news to them.

There would have been a fair more than 300 of us travelling up on a normal weekend.Good to see that any of our fans who aren''t travelling now can get a refund as long as they let our club know by the end of today. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, I put a £10 each way bet on you to win the league after you lost the opening weekend game at 14/1 should see a return of almost £200 if you can catch Leeds!