Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

Post your tributes to Kris Renton here

Agree the guy had a small bit of promise before he smashed his leg to bits, but never thought he would make the grade and wouldn''t get a look in with the current squad though.  I can see Anglian Combination beckoning for the lad if he stays in this area.  No better than that, I''m afraid

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Is that why his contract was terminated because of an injury?[/quote]

Don''t think so he was on loan to Brechin earlier in the season, I just think he hasn''t made the grade.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Is that why his contract was terminated because of an injury?[/quote]

Don''t think so he was on loan to Brechin earlier in the season, I just think he hasn''t made the grade.

Kris Renton was one of the greatest footballers of all time. Naturally athletic, tough, confident and blessed with genius, his career was one of the brightest stars of its generation. His gifts were legendary.For the goals, the audacious dribbles and all the wonderful memories, Norwich City and its legions of fans worldwide will always be grateful. "We feel a deep sense of loss but his spirit and his talent will live on forever."Danny Kelly , a team-mate of Renton''s during his time at the club, said: "Norwich City''s glorious history has been created by people like Kris Renton. Anyone that witnessed what Kris could do on the pitch wished they could do the same. He made an immense contribution to the game, and enriched the lives of everyone that saw him play. It is a very sad day."Another of Renton''s former team-mates, Luke Daley added: "We''re going to miss him very, very much. He was a great pal of mine at City, a very unassuming lad, very kind and quiet and enjoyed company. He was an absolute genius."

A testimonial match against Brazil is to be organised within the next three weeks.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

What a damn shame, maybe he would cut it at a lower league club

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

What a damn shame, maybe he would cut it at a lower league club

[/quote]

Not convinced he''s even good enough for that anymore. I don''t think he even scored wheilst on loan at Brechin...

I''m glad that you see fit to take the piss people.Through an unfortunate injury he has effectively been sacked and I bet he feels pretty low right now.I wish him the best of luck for the future.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Erm who''s taking the piss?  I am genuine when I wish him good luck[/quote]Well I clearly didn''t mean you then.[:)]

Why the need to take the pi55 out of the young lad, he did indeed look promising as youngster and then suffered a horrific injury and never fully recovered which by my book adds up to a big shame for the lad.

Carry on taking the pi55 as I suppose it makes some of you feel better.

Had promise before the injury, but struggled afterwards.All the best to him anyway.At least he can leave knowing he played more than Maric

Good luck Kris! Hope you stay injury free and get a second chance somewhere else and have the last laugh at all the plonkers on here!

Some really pathetic comments on this. Does it make you feel good laughing at the lads misfortune?