Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Need to get a train, urgent please help

Need to get a train from Lowestoft to Norwich for the game tomorrow, but National Rail website is talking about disrupted services etc so could someone tell me if trains are indeed up and running and whether I''ll be able to get one?

Thanks

I''d have thought the Anglia railways website would have the definitive

info. I live next to the train station but sticking my head out the

window and looking over there isn''t really going to reveal much.[:)]

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]Need to get a train from Lowestoft to Norwich for the game tomorrow, but National Rail website is talking about disrupted services etc so could someone tell me if trains are indeed up and running and whether I''ll be able to get one?

Thanks[/quote]Seriously, you''d rather ask people here than phone up the National Rail helpline?  WTF?

Actually, all is well. I travelled into the future and the trains were running tomorrow.We also win 3-nil.And the lotto numbers are........

The reasoning, my dear chops, is that the main reason why anybody would wish to take a train at around 12-1 o clock to Norwich tomorrow is to watch the football at CR, therefore on a Norwich fan forum, I assumed there may be other Lowestoft/surrounding area based fans who have already rung the helpline and could share their wisdom with me.

Hope that helps.

Ah bugger i gotta get the train from lowestoft diddnt know there were gonna be delays! Think its usually that bit near haddiscoe that causes problems when it snows.Found this on their website-http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com/destinations/stations_route_map/lowestoftNot sure but might help find out if they are going to be late.

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]The reasoning, my dear chops, is that the main reason why anybody would wish to take a train at around 12-1 o clock to Norwich tomorrow is to watch the football at CR, therefore on a Norwich fan forum, I assumed there may be other Lowestoft/surrounding area based fans who have already rung the helpline and could share their wisdom with me.

Hope that helps.[/quote]Not really, but if it makes sense in your world then that''s cool.  I hadn''t realised you lived near Lowestoft, so I forgot to apply the IQ filter.

I''m leaving Stevenage tomorrow at 10am if you want a lift up I can give you one, but not back I''m afraid.

[quote user="Buckethead"]No trains have gone past my house in the last few hours if that''s any help.[/quote]Do you live near a railway line?[;)]

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]I''m leaving Stevenage tomorrow at 10am if you want a lift up I can give you one, but not back I''m afraid.[/quote]

Bit presumptious !![:O]

"Re: Need to get a train, urgent please help"When I first opened this thread, I was almost certain I was going to be asked for a pound coin.  Has anyone else had beggars use this line on them?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]The reasoning, my dear chops, is that the main reason why anybody would wish to take a train at around 12-1 o clock to Norwich tomorrow is to watch the football at CR, therefore on a Norwich fan forum, I assumed there may be other Lowestoft/surrounding area based fans who have already rung the helpline and could share their wisdom with me.

Hope that helps.[/quote]Not really, but if it makes sense in your world then that''s cool.  I hadn''t realised you lived near Lowestoft, so I forgot to apply the IQ filter.[/quote]

Bit harsh on me there, considering I''m 15, I''d gladly wager that I''m far more intelligent than you give me credit for. Since when was asking a question a crime, perhaps I wasn''t aware that there was a National Rail helpline and yet you still post a sarcastic and unnecessary reply.

I have respect for you as a top poster on here Chops but I think comments of a derogatory nature are a tad unnecessary when a simple yes or no answer would have covered it.

Thanks to those of you who took the topic as intended.

MC. over here, the hobos ask for gas money so they can get to some hospital or something utgent like that. I guess in England asking for gas money would be a bit hopeful since it costs so much there.

Yeah, sorry.  I''m in a stupid mood tonight, more so than usual, and I had a night out cancelled so now I''m just mucking about.  No offence meant, I hope you can get to the game tomorrow.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yeah, sorry.  I''m in a stupid mood tonight, more so than usual, and I had a night out cancelled so now I''m just mucking about.  No offence meant, I hope you can get to the game tomorrow.

[/quote]

Lightweight....

[quote]Bit harsh on me there, considering I''m 15, I''d gladly wager that I''m far more intelligent than you give me credit for. Since when was asking a question a crime, perhaps I wasn''t aware that there was a National Rail helpline and yet you still post a sarcastic and unnecessary reply.

I have respect for you as a top poster on here Chops but I think comments of a derogatory nature are a tad unnecessary when a simple yes or no answer would have covered it.

Thanks to those of you who took the topic as intended.[/quote]

Stop it!I can''t breathe through laughing.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yeah, sorry.  I''m in a stupid mood tonight, more so than usual, and I had a night out cancelled so now I''m just mucking about.  No offence meant, I hope you can get to the game tomorrow. [/quote]

Lightweight....

[/quote]Hark at who''s talking![img]http://amongthethugs.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/geordie-fat.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yeah, sorry.  I''m in a stupid mood tonight, more so than usual, and I had a night out cancelled so now I''m just mucking about.  No offence meant, I hope you can get to the game tomorrow. [/quote]

No problem, I appreciate the sentiment of the reply, and I''m lucky enough to not have missed a home game for three years, so even though some of you are lucky to get to one game a year, as a Carrow Saturday is the norm for me, if i can''t get there I''ll be absolutely gutted, lol.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote]Bit harsh on me there, considering I''m 15, I''d gladly wager that I''m far more intelligent than you give me credit for. Since when was asking a question a crime, perhaps I wasn''t aware that there was a National Rail helpline and yet you still post a sarcastic and unnecessary reply.

Thanks to those of you who took the topic as intended.[/quote]

Stop it!I can''t breathe through laughing.[/quote]

Not only are you pretentious and abusive with the majority of your posts Shyster, you''re also a prized tool mate, and i can''t breathe through the pure ignorance and idiocy of what you''ve just said.

Sort it out.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Buckethead"]No trains have gone past my house in the last few hours if that''s any help.[/quote]Do you live near a railway line?[;)][/quote]Not by miles, which makes it all the more puzzling why we were asked.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Buckethead"]No trains have gone past my house in the last few hours if that''s any help.[/quote]Do you live near a railway line?[;)][/quote]Not by miles, which makes it all the more puzzling why we were asked.[/quote]I live about 20 yards from Norwich train station and even I don''t know.[:D]