Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

It's all HIS fault --->

I must say I was not surprised to come on here this morning to fair bit of player bashing.  I expected it.  Personally I don''t really get involved in who''s fault it is, I don''t see how it is constructive.  I must say though that it appears that some of the posters on here are either blind or only see what they want to see.

On one hand we have players who can do nothing right, Helveg, Doherty etc and on the other players who can do no wrong.  For example if I dared to suggest that Hux had a poor game on Saturday and contributed very little, everyone would be up in arms but if I suggested the same thing about Jonson then it would be OK. 

Everyone loves Fleming (myself included) and even though we have conceded so many goals this season, no-one would dare suggest he needs replacing.  Svensson has had very poor service this year and to my mind he has not missed that many "Good" chances but even after he scored two goals that won the game against Bolton people still wanted him dropped!  I could go on and on!

Lets look at the cold hard facts people, we had ONE, I repeat ONE shot at Chelsea''s goal on Saturday.  One shot that was not on target.  Obviously totally the fault of Helveg, Doherty & Jonson, two weeks ago it would also have been Bentleys fault!

Chelsea are in a different league to us in terms of quality and the money they can spend.  Anyone read the article about Abramovich''s TV costing more than Svensson?  Simple fact of the matter is as a TEAM we weren''t even close to getting anything out of this game but carry on blaming individuals if it makes you feel better.

Yeah I agree with that Saint.  Although I had a rant about Helveg I clearly said he wasn''t the sole reason we lost.  We do have to remember that we were playing quality oppo.  The thing that annoyed me slightly though was that Chelsea weren''t really playing quality on Saturday.  A bit of composure, luck and skill on our part and it might have been a different story.

Ho hum.  We aint going to stay up beating teams like Chelsea

If you saw the Chelsea Newcastle game, Chelsea didn''t play particularly well there either.

They just have a very strong disciplined shape, and then they have the geniuses that can score in a flash.

Nothing you can do about it.

Chelsea didn''t need to play at full tilt. They''d have scored 4 goals whether we''d given them 2 for free or not. Second-half they relaxed (like Arsenal). Drogba had an incentive to score (to get back in the first XI).

I agree DDIM that Chelsea didn''t play great football but they really didn''t need to.  I''m pretty sure they could have gone up a couple of gears had they needed to.

Well said, Saint - Yes obviously we were against class opposition but I still felt that we could have played with a bit more passion. Watching Pompey take on Arse yesterday had me wishing we could have had a go like they did - we had nothing to lose, except perhaps a few bookings. No, we gave them too much respect which is something they are getting to expect and why they are doing so well. Perhaps it will be a different game when we get them down here - lets hope so.

OTBC

We did play with passion - trouble is you could see the stuffing fly out once the first and then second "give-away goals" went in: Pompey had to wait 75 minutes before that happened hence why it loojked a better overall performance.

I agree with your original post on this Saint, it gets me so mad.  A few of us dare to state that long term players like Eddy and Flem have played rubbish though.   I think when there is another player that plays your position and you constantly play poor then you should be dropped, Nigel just doesn''t seem to see it.  I think the following should be replaced:

Flemming replaced with Shacks

Eddy replaced with Helveg

Hux replaced with either a proper left winger or another striker depending on what we are playing as he hasn''t done a great deal for the last 3 or so games and needs to be shaken up a bit.

Apart from that I think the rest that started the last two weeks should be fine, with Francis taking Helveg''s place in Midfield, Jonson taking Svensson''s up front (injury) and McVeigh taking Hux.