Sign in to follow this  
katie_ncfc

norwich V exeter - fan safety

Its all very well ncfc saying the match should be able to go ahead due to the undersoil heating but how are the fans meant to get there? It doesnt seem as if they''re following the lead of other clubs and considering fans safety!What does every1 else feel about this?????

MAN UP!!!

In all seriousness NCFC would have taken this into consideration, I''m travelling from Hertfordshire and I''m sure many others are travelling a distance to get there too, just keep safe and sensible and you should be okay.

This fan safety, health and safety balls really p!sses me off!Why cant we cope in this country? We have snow every year but the next year is always a bigger drama. I can see in 5 years, we wont be able to leave our houses! Its pathetic! Also expect sitting behind a goal to be a no go area...in case you take one in the face!

[quote user="katie_ncfc"]Its all very well ncfc saying the match should be able to go ahead due to the undersoil heating but how are the fans meant to get there? It doesnt seem as if they''re following the lead of other clubs and considering fans safety!What does every1 else feel about this?????[/quote]

Allow plenty of time to get to the ground and bring your on spade, 

Road Rail Bus Train Feet - sorry we need to play this game if at all possible - 3 points will mean no fixture congestion and a march on everyone else.

I did 360 miles to Walsall and back that was not a problem.

Club have already said they will call it off if it gets bad - wont be worse than the Huddersfield game

It''s the correct decision in my eyes.

The result of the match isn''t dependant upon the fans being at the game, so it should go ahead if both teams are okay to get to Carrow Road. Those fans who can get there will, and for the others, it''s a shame, but tough luck, essentially.

We''d be the first to complain if we had ridiculous fixture congestion later on in the season.

And furthermore, postponing the game will obviously move it to midweek, and that will in turn mean that many fans can''t get there if they have to work and travel long distances. So it''s still going to affect people''s attendance at the match.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]This fan safety, health and safety balls really p!sses me off!

Why cant we cope in this country? We have snow every year but the next year is always a bigger drama.

I can see in 5 years, we wont be able to leave our houses! Its pathetic! Also expect sitting behind a goal to be a no go area...in case you take one in the face!
[/quote]

Agreed

just seen the pics around the Fulham ground (match off) and it is fine. It''s a joke, IMO if the pitch is playable and the teams and officials can get there the match is played. It is upto the individual if they decide to go or not!

If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   

me and gf are travelling from Herts tomorrow too...I think the club would take into account the pitch and outside area and if the Huddersfield game was on I can fully this one going ahead.

[quote user="paul moy"]If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   [/quote]Yeh it amazes me how time after time this country is just not prepared at all for snow. There now telling the councils to use less grit because they are running out yet they have been warned for months that if it snows badly they wont have enough grit but as usual diddnt do anything about it

[quote user="paul moy"]If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   [/quote]

Accidents will always happen but I am afraid most of them are individuals fault. People rush about, don''t wear appropriate footwear etc etc. If people leave enough time, wear appropriate gear and don''t take any avoidable risks they will be fine most of the time though I agree with the sentiment regarding the non gritting of the pavements.

Ultimately if you are worried about it then head the advice of the authorities and stay at home unless absolutely necessary. I on the other hand will be travelling to the game from London and will take my chances when it comes to negotiating an icy pavement or two!

People will be walking on the pavements regardless of whether a football match is going on. All you have to do is take a bit of extra care when walking and you should be fine.

I do however also share the sentiments about not gritying pavements. The pavements (and particularly the bridges) in norwich were lethal the weekend of the Huddersfield game. Sure they can''t be any worse than that this weekend.

[quote user="ncfc4life"][quote user="paul moy"]If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   [/quote]

Yeh it amazes me how time after time this country is just not prepared at all for snow. There now telling the councils to use less grit because they are running out yet they have been warned for months that if it snows badly they wont have enough grit but as usual diddnt do anything about it
[/quote]

Now I am afraid this is not the case with NCC. The reason that NCC will now grit less miles is because the government is taking all of the resupply grit headed for Norfolk (who setup a good supply system) to distribute it to other authorities who decided to risk cutting corners which is very unfair on the norfolk tax payer!

[quote user="paul moy"]If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   [/quote]Which election? The council? And I take it you''d be happy to pay more council tax to cover the increased cost of larger stocks of grit, additional gritters and wages for the drivers? Tw*t

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="paul moy"]If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   [/quote]

Which election? The council? And I take it you''d be happy to pay more council tax to cover the increased cost of larger stocks of grit, additional gritters and wages for the drivers?

Tw*t
[/quote]

I take it that you''re a council worker.  [:^)]

It''s all about money. I watched a news interview with the headmaster of a school which had closed, when a neighbouring school 150 yards down the road was open.  His response? "If local authorities are advising people not to travel, who do you think will be sued if someone has an accident on the way here?". I guess football clubs are in a similar situation. [quote user="Jim Smith"]I do however also share the sentiments about

not gritying pavements. The pavements (and particularly the bridges) in

norwich were lethal the weekend of the Huddersfield game.[/quote]Plenty of slippery slopes surrounding Carrow Road. The Rouen Road pavements were a nightmare - people resorted to walking on the road itself.As for grit, I''m told it was only in December that it was made mandatory for local councils to budget for 6 six straight days of snow. Not exactly good planning. Councils simply don''t budget for this type of extended period of snow and ice. It''s all about money.

[quote user="ncfc4life"][quote user="paul moy"]If the roads and pavements are not safe then I would blame the incompetent authorities for failing to do their job. There really is no good excuse for their failure to prepare for snow and ice at winter time. Bring on the election!![:@]   [/quote]

Yeh it amazes me how time after time this country is just not prepared at all for snow. There now telling the councils to use less grit because they are running out yet they have been warned for months that if it snows badly they wont have enough grit but as usual diddnt do anything about it
[/quote]

Actually some councils were prepared with enough grit/salt. It''s just the number of staff/vehicles available to put it on the roads at the right times wasn''t always right.

Contrary to popular belief, other countries do snarl up in the snow. Even the US does, it''s just not reported over here.

The biggest problem is the twits who don''t drive safely in these poor conditions.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]It''s all about money. I watched a news interview with the headmaster of a school which had closed, when a neighbouring school 150 yards down the road was open.  His response? "If local authorities are advising people not to travel, who do you think will be sued if someone has an accident on the way here?". I guess football clubs are in a similar situation.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I do however also share the sentiments about not gritying pavements. The pavements (and particularly the bridges) in norwich were lethal the weekend of the Huddersfield game.[/quote]

Plenty of slippery slopes surrounding Carrow Road. The Rouen Road pavements were a nightmare - people resorted to walking on the road itself.

As for grit, I''m told it was only in December that it was made mandatory for local councils to budget for 6 six straight days of snow. Not exactly good planning. Councils simply don''t budget for this type of extended period of snow and ice. It''s all about money.
[/quote]

Regarding supply of grit, please read my earlier post. And before anyone asks, no I don''t work for the council! It was a story in our very own local paper!

If the football is called off due to safety will the police / council be closing all the shops as well in the City - is that not the same scenario sure there will be at least 25000 people there on Saturday?

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]It''s all about money. I watched a news interview with the headmaster of a school which had closed, when a neighbouring school 150 yards down the road was open.  His response? "If local authorities are advising people not to travel, who do you think will be sued if someone has an accident on the way here?". I guess football clubs are in a similar situation.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I do however also share the sentiments about not gritying pavements. The pavements (and particularly the bridges) in norwich were lethal the weekend of the Huddersfield game.[/quote]

Plenty of slippery slopes surrounding Carrow Road. The Rouen Road pavements were a nightmare - people resorted to walking on the road itself.

As for grit, I''m told it was only in December that it was made mandatory for local councils to budget for 6 six straight days of snow. Not exactly good planning. Councils simply don''t budget for this type of extended period of snow and ice. It''s all about money.
[/quote]

Yes, it is about money, but it''s very short-sighted when it brings the whole country to a halt, and actually costs more in lost business, exports etc. We were already losing around half a billion pounds a day before this latest cock-up.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

Regarding supply of grit, please read my earlier post. And before anyone asks, no I don''t work for the council! It was a story in our very own local paper!

[/quote]

About 1600 tonnes of salt arrived at Kings lynn port the other night as per the contract which ncc has to keep us supplied.

I`m afraid the vast majority of this will be routed away from Norfolk which may result in the Council having to reassess where the remainder is spread.

this is a GOVERNMENT intervention on behalf of those areas who have not been able to get supplies.

It also means that it is unlikely that we will see much on the pavements lol

Travelled to Norwich this afternoon by road from Brentwood and it was a good, steady drive with no problems (if you forget the idiots on the Diss by-pass). Overall the roads here are better than in Essex and the paths etc around the ground are no worse than for the Huddersfield game.

By the by, we stopped at Yellows to pick up a take-away, Paul Lambert was in there grabbing a meal and he assured us that he was never going to leave and is very happy at Norwich. It was nice to be personally reassured - although nothing is for ever.

I''m all for carrying on and not letting a few inches of snow stop me doing anything but I have to admit that I''m not too confident driving in these conditions especially in the dark and if there''s more snow over night it could make it really difficult from here, yes its only 25 miles not far compared to what some people travel, but far enough when the roads are icy and slippery.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]Travelled to Norwich this afternoon by road from Brentwood and it was a good, steady drive with no problems (if you forget the idiots on the Diss by-pass). Overall the roads here are better than in Essex and the paths etc around the ground are no worse than for the Huddersfield game. By the by, we stopped at Yellows to pick up a take-away, Paul Lambert was in there grabbing a meal and he assured us that he was never going to leave and is very happy at Norwich. It was nice to be personally reassured - although nothing is for ever.[/quote]

Since when did Diss have a bypass? It wasn`t there last week!!