Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heavy Snow in Norwich

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]As long as the main routes into the City (A11, A140, A146, A47 etc.), County Hall and around the ground are clear then I see no reason as to why the match will not be on.[/quote]

Airport closed and surrounding areas bad. Stop snowing now but still snowing in Fakenham up the road .

Wonder why Exeter didn''t fly in, they face a tricky coach ride.

[/quote]

Cost of a coach vs cost of a plane.

Exeter fan here. We are suppose to be travelling up this afternoon to stay the weekend at a travelodge outside Norwich but am still undecided if I should dig the snow away from our car and start to make the journey in fear of the match being called off. I''ve even taken to watching Look East on sky this week(how bad is that show!) to try and gauge what the area and weather are like, it seems to be saying there is more snow on it''s way for Norfolk tonight.Your official club website seems confident the game will be on but don''t all clubs say that before they get called off?P.S. Any chance of having Gilly back on loan?

Gilly came on as sub in the Millwall game on Boxing Day - his first outing for several months after being injured early in the season. He played very impressively and won a lot of praise so I don''t think Lambert will be looking to offload him just yet.

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"]Exeter fan here. We are suppose to be travelling up this afternoon to stay the weekend at a travelodge outside Norwich but am still undecided if I should dig the snow away from our car and start to make the journey in fear of the match being called off. I''ve even taken to watching Look East on sky this week(how bad is that show!) to try and gauge what the area and weather are like, it seems to be saying there is more snow on it''s way for Norfolk tonight.Your official club website seems confident the game will be on but don''t all clubs say that before they get called off?P.S. Any chance of having Gilly back on loan?[/quote]

I still think it''s a 50/50 chance, alot depends on how much it snows over night. Personally I wouldn''t bother making the horrid journey in such conditions with the posibility of it being a waste of time (and i''m not just talking about the result [;)]) but that''s just me.

Which would you regret more? Traveling to Norwich for the game to be called off or staying at home only for the game to go ahead?

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"]Exeter fan here. We are suppose to be travelling up this afternoon to stay the weekend at a travelodge outside Norwich but am still undecided if I should dig the snow away from our car and start to make the journey in fear of the match being called off. I''ve even taken to watching Look East on sky this week(how bad is that show!) to try and gauge what the area and weather are like, it seems to be saying there is more snow on it''s way for Norfolk tonight.Your official club website seems confident the game will be on but don''t all clubs say that before they get called off?P.S. Any chance of having Gilly back on loan?[/quote]Really don''t know what to tell you mate, about 2 or 3 inches fell in a blizzard this morning and then it was bright sunshine! More showers are forecast all weekend, though the worst of it seems to be on Sunday.It really is anyone''s guess!

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"]Exeter fan here. We are suppose to be travelling up this afternoon to stay the weekend at a travelodge outside Norwich but am still undecided if I should dig the snow away from our car and start to make the journey in fear of the match being called off.

I''ve even taken to watching Look East on sky this week(how bad is that show!) to try and gauge what the area and weather are like, it seems to be saying there is more snow on it''s way for Norfolk tonight.

Your official club website seems confident the game will be on but don''t all clubs say that before they get called off?

P.S. Any chance of having Gilly back on loan?
[/quote]

You can''t surely being including the gorgeous Julie Reinger in that statement!!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"]Exeter fan here. We are suppose to be travelling up this afternoon to stay the weekend at a travelodge outside Norwich but am still undecided if I should dig the snow away from our car and start to make the journey in fear of the match being called off.

I''ve even taken to watching Look East on sky this week(how bad is that show!) to try and gauge what the area and weather are like, it seems to be saying there is more snow on it''s way for Norfolk tonight.

Your official club website seems confident the game will be on but don''t all clubs say that before they get called off?

[/quote]

You can''t surely being including the gorgeous Julie Reinger in that statement!!!!

[/quote]

Would you believe married to Chris Goreham (toy boy)

So hope for you yet my Lord[;)]

They have just show a shot of the pitch on sky sports which they described as perfect... looked like anyother saturday. And after the ice rink that was the pavements before huddersfield I think only a heavy snow fall today or tomorrow morning will stop the match going ahead.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wish Mr Valet!

Why do have to keep repeating this!!!! Grrrrr!!!!

Its not the bloody pistch thats the problem as we have undersoil heating and a top groundstaff, so of course the pitch looks perfect.

The issue of the game being called off will depend on safety to and from the ground for supporters.

Have you all got that now???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Why do have to keep repeating this!!!! Grrrrr!!!!

Its not the bloody pistch thats the problem as we have undersoil heating and a top groundstaff, so of course the pitch looks perfect.

The issue of the game being called off will depend on safety to and from the ground for supporters.

Have you all got that now???[/quote]So, is it off then?Lol.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I prefer Becky Jago (although wouldn''t chuck either out of bed), even though she''s a binner fan.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I prefer Becky Jago (although wouldn''t chuck either out of bed), even though she''s a binner fan.

[/quote]

I used to work with her cousin - Becky is well fit!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Why do have to keep repeating this!!!! Grrrrr!!!!

Have you all got that now???[/quote]Then surly you took note of my following sentence then?

Yes more snow falling again, already cleared the path and driveway and now it''s covered again, if we have much more I doubt we''ll get the car off our drive let alone off the estate lol.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes more snow falling again, already cleared the path and driveway and now it''s covered again, if we have much more I doubt we''ll get the car off our drive let alone off the estate lol.[/quote]

Yes we#ve had some more in the past hour, can''t see me getting onto any main roads tomorrow at this rate.

Any snow in Norwich anyone?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes more snow falling again, already cleared the path and driveway and now it''s covered again, if we have much more I doubt we''ll get the car off our drive let alone off the estate lol.[/quote]

Yes we#ve had some more in the past hour, can''t see me getting onto any main roads tomorrow at this rate.

[/quote]A shower earlier but none since about 6 in Norwich centre.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Measured 11 inches on our lawn this afternoon, and more is falling as I type.  I HATE snow [:(][/quote]

Thats more than they have in Yorkshire who they thought had the highest snowfall, guess they are wrong.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Thanks Morty [Y]

Anyone know anywhere that hires our sleds and husky dogs? [:D]

[/quote]No problemo, I shall remain on snow watch till about 2:25 tomorrow, when I have to leave for the game lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]A shower earlier but none since about 6 in Norwich centre.[/quote]Thanks for the update, seems reasonably encouraging.  Hopefully my three trains and the London Underground will get me up to Norwich in good time.  Will be setting off early.  Any chance of an early morning weather report? Smile [:)]

[quote user="Surrey Grecian"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]A shower earlier but none since about 6 in Norwich centre.[/quote]Thanks for the update, seems reasonably encouraging.  Hopefully my three trains and the London Underground will get me up to Norwich in good time.  Will be setting off early.  Any chance of an early morning weather report? Smile [:)][/quote]Lol, depends what time I get up, but yes.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Measured 11 inches on our lawn this afternoon, and more is falling as I type.  I HATE snow [:(][/quote]

Thats more than they have in Yorkshire who they thought had the highest snowfall, guess they are wrong.

[/quote]

One of my friends in Yorkshire today said he had over a foot in his back garden.  I will have to take some photo''s and put them on facebook, to go with my other sno picture on there from the last lot of snow.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I''ve been caught out exagerating inches as well [:$]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]snowing heavily in norwich now!!! carries on for much longer then the game must be in big doubt[/quote]Conrirmed, just looked out the window lol.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

One of my friends in Yorkshire today said he had over a foot in his back garden.  I will have to take some photo''s and put them on facebook, to go with my other sno picture on there from the last lot of snow.

[/quote]

Being serious now WAY are you saying you''ve had 11 inches of snow fall in the past couple of days in Dereham because thats a lot when most of North Norfolk hasn''t had half that?

Did you mean centimetres [:)][:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Being serious now WAY are you saying you''ve had 11 inches of snow fall in the past couple of days in Dereham because thats a lot when most of North Norfolk hasn''t had half that?

Did you mean centimetres [:)][:)]

[/quote]

No she''s been measuring a very short snowman![;)]