Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heavy Snow in Norwich

As long as there is safe access to and from the stadium the game will go ahead. Huddersfield was a bit iffy i felt, but that went ahead and at the moment paths and roads are not as bad as that day.

According to the 5 day forecast, wind chill will be the big problem at the weekend

they''re predicting minus 15 for Saturday daytime, a real Norfolk Northeaster

[quote user="ricardo"]

Its really started to come down heavily now and with a forecast of more overnight and tomorrow I very much doubt if we will be at Carrow Road this weekend. The pitch may be ok but road conditions will become terrible pretty quickly.

They say that the weather pattern is very much like 1963 when the FA cup third round took 66 days to complete. If thats so, then we may be in for a long footy-less break.

[/quote]I remember the winter of 63, there was deep snow all over Colchester and the river Colne froze over, I was only 10 but my mum still made me go to junior school in short trousers!!!!

A couple of inches laying in Norwich now and steadily coming down. Forecast is heavy snow showers.

I was up at 4 this morning and we had no snow at that point, then it started, and, where I am, we have had about 2 inches since.

I doubt the game will go ahead Saturday. The Walsall game certainly wont.

Anyhow, there are some good things to come out of this. Some friends of mine who are teachers are snowed out today so we are walking to the Coach and Horses for some lunch and ale. [B]

Is it likely to be on? i know we have underground heating and everything but will there be a case for calling it off because of travel problems? has this happened before?

[quote user="Brendan"]Guess who''s got a day off school?  Feefa, Snow fun, and McD''s [:)]Yay. [/quote]FIFA??? How can you spell an acronym wrong! Let''s hope you don''t have too many days off school! [;)]

It''s a real worry, what with everyone being a pansy these days and our society being bubble-wrapped and health and safety obsessed.

I mean, god forbid that someone slips over on their way to the ground. They might even have to get back up again. Terrible.

Fingers crossed that it''s on, or the weekend will be a complete write-off.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Brendan"]Guess who''s got a day off school?  Feefa, Snow fun, and McD''s [:)]Yay. [/quote]FIFA??? How can you spell an acronym wrong! Let''s hope you don''t have too many days off school! [;)][/quote]Lol yeah sorry, Its nown [;)] as feef to me. [:$]

Yep - pathetic to call a game off!

If people in charge we''re to think, and notice the problem now! Not Saturday morning, Roads and Paths could be made safe!

Roads from Exeter will be ok, the A12 will be fine by Sat, and so will all other major roads!

I think the main point is the distance the away fans would have to travel, not pansiness lol.

Sod the away fans, it''s a football game. If you can''t get there, tough. It should still go ahead.

What about everyone who can get there, but instead sees their plans for the day ruined? Why don''t those people matter?

Furthermore, it''s Exeter, for cryin'' out loud. They''d probably only bring a few dozen in the best of weather... ;-)

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Whats weather like in Norwich this monring?[/quote]Had 3 or 4 inches overnight in Norwich centre, snow showers continue. Listening to Radio Norwich the roads are chaos.

Exeter would only bring approx 200 to the game in normal conditions so it seems ridiculous if that reason is given.

I think there are direct Flybe flights from Exeter to Norwich, perhaps an opportunity for them to make some money on Saturday morning, weather permitting.

Loads of snow across the county. Over 300 Norfolk schools closed, which isn''t a good sign for Saturday.

Still, it does mean a day off from teaching the little brats! ;-)

Yes, you''re all completely right of course.You can tell the schools are closed today lol.