Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heavy Snow in Norwich

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t ya bits and bobs get a bit chilly without shreddies?[/quote]

Once you get to my age you will see you lose all feeling below the eyebrows!

[/quote]That photo with Amanda Holden must have been taken some time ago then ?

Every time I look at the forecast for Saturday it seems to say something different! [:S]But if Exeter do arrive in Norwich tomorrow I can''t see the game being called off unless we get unbelievable snowfall on Saturday morning!

Norwich, Leeds and Northampton only games still on in League One and Two. Should be on the TV highlights saturday night then!!!

Saying that Leeds have said the game will only go ahead if there is no more snow tonight - I think there will be, Northampton have said the same and Norwich are "monitoring the situation".

Make of that what you will.

Exiled Exeter fan from Surrey here, hoping to make the relatively short journey up to you on Saturday.  Looks like your attention is on the Burnley/Lambert link and the spat with Colchester, but grateful if you could look out the window from time to time to provide updates on the weather up in East Anglia.  Just trying to judge whether my planned pub crawl around Norwich is going to be spoiled by the technicality of there not being a 90 minute break for football, you understand. 

[quote user="Surrey Grecian"]Exiled Exeter fan from Surrey here, hoping to make the relatively short journey up to you on Saturday.  Looks like your attention is on the Burnley/Lambert link and the spat with Colchester, but grateful if you could look out the window from time to time to provide updates on the weather up in East Anglia.  Just trying to judge whether my planned pub crawl around Norwich is going to be spoiled by the technicality of there not being a 90 minute break for football, you understand.  [/quote]I can see Carrow road from my window, but its surrounding roads etc thet it will be called off for. Weather forecast is shite followed by shite spells, with a shite weather front closing in soon.I think the club are going to call it sometime tomorrow, it will be on official site and her also I suspect.

[quote user="hardley"]Blue skies and sun shine with temperature around 27 centigrade. Thinking about you fellow posters[/quote]

He He. Blue skies and sunshine here too but minus 27C (Sweden).

Yes, had realised that it''s going to be safety concerns, rather than the pitch, that would see this one called off.  Had hoped that you wouldn''t get much more snow, but have just seen the forecast on the Beeb and it doesn''t look too clever.  

Shown the Carrow Road pitch on SSN, it''s looking good.  A bit of snow around the edges, but the pitch itself looks better than a lot of pitches do in August at the start of the season.

Setting of from the tundra of Kent this morning, hopefully. Hope the game is not cancelled as this would be the only one I cold make for months due to work.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t ya bits and bobs get a bit chilly without shreddies?[/quote]

Once you get to my age you will see you lose all feeling below the eyebrows!

[/quote]

That photo with Amanda Holden must have been taken some time ago then ?
[/quote]

Never underestimate the toll that an 8-yr old Wild Child can have on the ageing process!!  [:D]

Its not about the pitch, the pitch will be fine as we have undersoil heating {thanks to Mr Chase}, its about access and saftey in getting to and from the stadium.

I live a short walk from the ground, but either walk down southgate Lne or Carrow Hill. Now Southgate lane if you didnt know is that horrible twisty turny alley/hill and Carrow Hill isnt much better. For the Huddersfield game especilly its was a nightmare. I think if the forecast is correct those 2 means of access that are used by many many supporters, the game will be called off for safety. Also think of the fans that live outside the city centre and there are thousands. If the game does go ahead the weather may cause our lowest league attendence of the season.

Morning snow report!Blizzard conditions in Norwich!![IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Photo0252.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its not about the pitch, the pitch will be fine as we have undersoil heating {thanks to Mr Chase}, its about access and saftey in getting to and from the stadium. I live a short walk from the ground, but either walk down southgate Lne or Carrow Hill. Now Southgate lane if you didnt know is that horrible twisty turny alley/hill and Carrow Hill isnt much better. For the Huddersfield game especilly its was a nightmare. I think if the forecast is correct those 2 means of access that are used by many many supporters, the game will be called off for safety. Also think of the fans that live outside the city centre and there are thousands. If the game does go ahead the weather may cause our lowest league attendence of the season.[/quote]

Still be over 20,000 though Arthur as they count season tickets even if you don''t turn up!

There are a lot of people outside of Norwich who won''t be able to make it if this keeps up so they will take that in consideration wont they?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its not about the pitch, the pitch will be fine as we have undersoil heating {thanks to Mr Chase}, its about access and saftey in getting to and from the stadium.

I live a short walk from the ground, but either walk down southgate Lne or Carrow Hill. Now Southgate lane if you didnt know is that horrible twisty turny alley/hill and Carrow Hill isnt much better. For the Huddersfield game especilly its was a nightmare. I think if the forecast is correct those 2 means of access that are used by many many supporters, the game will be called off for safety. Also think of the fans that live outside the city centre and there are thousands. If the game does go ahead the weather may cause our lowest league attendence of the season.[/quote]

Hold on Mr Whittle!!!

I know for a fact that although he was the honcho at the time, it was not Mr Chase that got the undersoil heating installed...FACT!! There is no argument aginst this as I know first hand.

[quote user="cityangel"]There are a lot of people outside of Norwich who won''t be able to make it if this keeps up so they will take that in consideration wont they?[/quote]

Certainly have sympathy for anyone who can''t make it if it is on - I will have to come in from outside the City but will leave at a ridiculous time if I have to.  I remember some game in the late 60''s or early 70''s (Stoke City maybe) where the club asked for supporters to help clear the pitch.  Similar conditions to now but no one seemed to worry about the open terrace at the River End or the roads around the ground....... and I was living in a cardboard box ...... luxury

I believe you Bru......

City Angel dear, I did touch on this subject, its not so bad for people like me who live a short distance from the ground, but thousands of our suport comes from surrounding areas, and I think the club needs to consider these fans also, not just the ones who live on the doorstep.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Don''t believe it!! Blue sky and sunny in Colchester[/quote]

Not bad in Lynn either.

As long as the main routes into the City (A11, A140, A146, A47 etc.), County Hall and around the ground are clear then I see no reason as to why the match will not be on.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Don''t believe it!! Blue sky and sunny in Colchester[/quote]

Not bad in Lynn either.

[/quote]

just finished snowing, sun now out in beccles

[quote user="Matt Juler"]As long as the main routes into the City (A11, A140, A146, A47 etc.), County Hall and around the ground are clear then I see no reason as to why the match will not be on.[/quote]

Airport closed and surrounding areas bad. Stop snowing now but still snowing in Fakenham up the road .

Wonder why Exeter didn''t fly in, they face a tricky coach ride.