Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Heavy Snow in Norwich

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Brendan"]Guess who''s got a day off school?  Feefa, Snow fun, and McD''s [:)]

Yay.
[/quote]

FIFA??? How can you spell an acronym wrong! Let''s hope you don''t have too many days off school! [;)]
[/quote]

Lol yeah sorry, Its nown [;)] as feef to me. [:$]
[/quote]

Lucky boy *shakes fist*. Its freezing here in Cambridge but college is still on.

Grrrrr.... never mind [:''(]

No need for the insults, Morty. If you dislike or disagree with the points being made by people, address them, rather than making silly age comments.

For your information, you''re right, i am only on here because of the school closures. I''m a teacher, see? ;-)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im close to city centre and there is only about an inch of snow, so not as bad as being made out.[/quote]I''m in the centre and 3 or 4 inches outside my window ensuring total transport chaos lol.

[quote user="morty"]I think the main point is the distance the away fans would have to travel, not pansiness lol.[/quote]

We dont know if it`s off yet, but if the pitch is playable and transport in the east is reasonable then surely the game should go ahead, travelling from Exeter to Norwich is always going to be a really tough trip at any time of the year, it`s up to away fans to make  whatever arrangements they need to if they want to get to the game, if they have tickets and dont want to travel cos of the weather then offer a refund, but dont cancel the game.

Where is the insult exactly?I want to go to the match too but obviously the police and people who make the decisions have to be pragmatic, and if anyone cares to watch the news, pretty much the whole country is suffering their worst winter for years. Making stupid, mal informed comments is surely sillier?[:)]

Not too special in Lynn today. Have just walked two miles to the office in a blizzard and lots more snow about. Just hope I can get the car out on Saturday as will be gutted if I have to miss the game!

The insult was in making comparisons between me and the little sods i teach. Grotty little lot! ;-)

How is it a ''stupid, mal informed comment'' to say that the game should go ahead, despite the difficulty of travelling?

No one is being forced to attend the match, we each make our own decision after taking the risks into account, yes? If people turn up, excellent, if they don''t, it''ll be a shame, but the football match isn''t dependant upon it, so the match can still go ahead.

I''d rather the game went ahead without many away fans than we had a huge fixture pile-up, personally, and i imagine that most football clubs would agree.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Morty mate, Ive I have got the measurements wrong maybe my man member is 12 inches lol.[/quote]I was using "man inches" too.[:$]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Morty mate, Ive I have got the measurements wrong maybe my man member is 12 inches lol.[/quote]

In that case Sir Arthur, I challenge thee to a cock fight!

Tally Ho!

[:D]

.... That''s a good point, you didn''t, necessarily. My mistake! It must be the snow, making me paranoid.

And i (evidently) feel quite strongly about this worrying trend in postponing matches because of the conditions outside the ground. Christ, don''t even get me started on the whole ''winter break'' debate... ;-)

I left Thetford this morning at half 6 to come to Norwich & it took me nearly an hour to get to the Attleborough roundabout. Just turned around and came back home. If the A11 is barely driveable then god knows what the minor roads would be like! (I''m a delivery driver!)

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Yep - pathetic to call a game off!

If people in charge we''re to think, and notice the problem now! Not Saturday morning, Roads and Paths could be made safe!

Roads from Exeter will be ok, the A12 will be fine by Sat, and so will all other major roads!

[/quote]

Yeah cos we haven''t had any snow down here! [8-)]

and the A12 is the only road between us

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]I left Thetford this morning at half 6 to come to Norwich & it took me nearly an hour to get to the Attleborough roundabout. Just turned around and came back home. If the A11 is barely driveable then god knows what the minor roads would be like! (I''m a delivery driver!)[/quote]Do you live in Thetford? Does you first name start with a P?

Just over an inch of snow in North Norfolk, roads are slushy but the sun is out now so hopefully some of it will melt.

[quote user="The Butler"]Any chance of getting the test abandoned because of snow on my sat dish!![/quote]LOL. [:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Not too special in Lynn today. Have just walked two miles to the office in a blizzard and lots more snow about. Just hope I can get the car out on Saturday as will be gutted if I have to miss the game![/quote]

Non too clever in Dereham either, about 4 - 6 inches fell here overnight, our car is going nowhere fast.

The A47 was gritted and is running smoothly, it''s just getting to the main roads that''s the problems lol [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Not too special in Lynn today. Have just walked two miles to the office in a blizzard and lots more snow about. Just hope I can get the car out on Saturday as will be gutted if I have to miss the game![/quote]

Non too clever in Dereham either, about 4 - 6 inches fell here overnight, our car is going nowhere fast.

The A47 was gritted and is running smoothly, it''s just getting to the main roads that''s the problems lol [:)]

[/quote]

Is it heading south,or have you got our load from yesterday? (As you can tell,i haven''t a clue about meteorology)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

You''ve been unlucky then , just went towards Morrisons at Fakenham ( thats only about 12 miles from you I think) and its not too bad on the main roads, just very slushy but the sun is out.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Is it heading south,or have you got our load from yesterday? (As you can tell,i haven''t a clue about meteorology)

[/quote]

lol mate I do study the weather patterns and maps, but don''t pretend to be an expert.

The weather system is spiralling over the Country and moving nowhere fast (although not looked at the pressure bars etc today), snow showers are due up and including Sunday.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]Four games already off in League 1 this weekend.

Brighton V Brentford

Charlton V Hartlepool

Oldham V Leyton Orient

Southampton V Huddersfield[/quote]Heres hoping our match is on saturday and we can start to put some points between us and Charlton.Infact if our Walsall match also goes ahead then theres a chance we could be six points clear of 3rd place by the Col U game.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

You''ve been unlucky then , just went towards Morrisons at Fakenham ( thats only about 12 miles from you I think) and its not too bad on the main roads, just very slushy but the sun is out.

[/quote]

You''ve just been lucky, our roads here are lethal 4-6 inches of snow on top of 2 inches of rock solid ice [:S]