Sign in to follow this  
keelan for england

Parking at Cochester

Don''t bother. I normally drive to away games but am taking the canary coach to this one.

[quote user="keelan for england"]Parking could be a problem at colchester.Would appreciate any info on where to park and price.Do anyone know what the food outlets are like.?
[/quote]

The stadium parking is £5 a time but if it''s raining (or thawing) Wellies are helpful.  That is not our fault - we told the Borough Council all about that and in the way of local government they just went ahead anyway and built it on the clay which is Cuckoo Farm with an entirely predictable result: i.e., any standing water does just that: stands.  If torrential rain is about the upside is that you can swim your way to the ground.

Don''t try and park "immediately" locally because it is all residents only permits and they''ve moaned so much about being blocked in for their afternoon visit to Tesco that it is now warden patrolled, with enthusiasm.  And yes, you will get ticketed.  The other disadvantage with the official car park is that you are held back by the ever so understanding football stewards common to all grounds while the foot passengers escape first.

A couple of local firms offer parking at around £3 a go but it is just as simple to Sat Nav to Colchester North Station where NCP charge £2 unlimited on a Saturday.  Then walk down the "ramp" that leads up to Col Who North, turn left and take the second exit at the roundabout which takes you into Bruff Close.  The buses park near the Big Yellow storage facility and start at about 1 pm.  It''s a £1 return (50 pc subsidised) and takes you about ten minutes during which you can wave to the yokels some of whom you will note walking barefoot to support their  little club.   

If the weather stays the same you can repeat the process in an evening when the buses start running from 6 p.m. for a 7.45 kick off.

If you choose the station/bus route try and have the exact fare because the drivers for First Essex get *really* peed off if they have to find change. 

Pretty romantic stuff this for a big game I think.  We were going to do bunting but you know how it is: we can''t afford it.  [+o(][;)]

I actually made some calls to see if I could get tickets for this if I made the trip over from New York.  Was seriously thinking about using miles on flights and taking the plunge, but with such little certainty regarding tickets, I think you will see the New York Canaries for the Leeds clash at home instead.

Nearer the time I will post more information about parking pubs etc if anyone wants to know or you can email me for specific info, but given I think the game has about a 30% chance of going ahead there seems little point at present.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I actually made some calls to see if I could get tickets for this if I made the trip over from New York.  Was seriously thinking about using miles on flights and taking the plunge, but with such little certainty regarding tickets, I think you will see the New York Canaries for the Leeds clash at home instead.[/quote]

Take care if planning for the Leeds game as if Leeds make it to the JPT final (I''m guessing that they will) its the day after so I would assume the Norwich v Leeds clash will be rearranged.