Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Todays game? on or off?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="cityangel"]

We had more snow out here in North Norfolk and there''s no way I''ll get to the game so very selfishly I hope its called off.

Really think its going to be a risky drive in for people who live outside of Norwich.

[/quote]

Hi CA,

Hope your feeling better now?. If your not going today do you fancy selling your ticket although is there any way I would be able to get hold of it?

[/quote]

Not sure how you would get my ticket tbh as its snowing heavily out here and the radio is saying that the Fakenham Road to Norwich, Holt Road to Norwich, Holt Road to Cromer are in a bad way.Where are you?

[/quote]

I have driven round Norfolk and Suffolk the past 2 days and though a lot of roads are slippery I havent found any that are impassable.

We had more snow out here in North Norfolk and there''s no way I''ll get to the game so very selfishly I hope its called off.

Really think its going to be a risky drive in for people who live outside of Norwich.

[/quote]

Hi CA,

Hope your feeling better now?. If your not going today do you fancy selling your ticket although is there any way I would be able to get hold of it?

[/quote]

Not sure how you would get my ticket tbh as its snowing heavily out here and the radio is saying that the Fakenham Road to Norwich, Holt Road to Norwich, Holt Road to Cromer are in a bad way.Where are you?

Ok ... didnt realise the Fakenham road was so bad. There seems to be plenty of traffic about in Fakenham and the main town roads becoming slushy.

Anyone got any idea if there is going to be an official announcement? If it gets no worse or no info from the club forthcoming will probably still give it a go.

[/quote]

my dad is disabled and needs to drive to get to the game today, he says he is going but i think he should stay at home...

I''m able bodied and will risk falling on my arris in the ice to get there.

The exeter fans are no doubt on board their coaches on the way here.. depending on the weather they might make it on time, see a delayed kick off, or the game will be off completely. i''d feel really sorry for them as its a horrible journey and to go all the way back again with no game would be awful for them.

i have a funny feeling it might be called off due to police/safety advice.

Bit Walsall ''ish to call it off now as the Exeter fans would have been on the road a few hours already. And we are whinging about driving a few piddly miles.

Main roads not too bad. Just done Cantley to Taverham in about an hour, normally takes 40 mins in good conditions. A47, ringroad and fakenham road all ok, plenty of slush making max speed about 30mph but once more cars get out and about it should improve even more. The sun is out as well so if it stays like this i''m sure the game will be on.

Gazza 

I''m only going on what the local radio is saying but it has stopped snowing now and the sun is trying to edge its way out so who know if we get sunshine for the next 3 hours then the roads will hopefully  turn more slushy and become more drivable on. Will make my decision at 12, which would still give me 2 hours to get to my parking spot in time.

CA

I''m about a mile and a half away from the ground, we have had just under 2 inches of snow overnight.

I would think barring a major blizzard the game will go ahead, but wrap up well - the wind is picking up (and that''s just me !!!) and the wind chill will be enormous.

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]Main roads not too bad. Just done Cantley to Taverham in about an hour, normally takes 40 mins in good conditions. A47, ringroad and fakenham road all ok, plenty of slush making max speed about 30mph but once more cars get out and about it should improve even more. The sun is out as well so if it stays like this i''m sure the game will be on.[/quote]

Radio says that the Holt to Cromer road is down to 15 miles an hour, if thats of interest to anyone.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Gazza 

I''m only going on what the local radio is saying but it has stopped snowing now and the sun is trying to edge its way out so who know if we get sunshine for the next 3 hours then the roads will hopefully  turn more slushy and become more drivable on. Will make my decision at 12, which would still give me 2 hours to get to my parking spot in time.

CA

[/quote]

CA,

No worries it was worth asking!, hope you get there safely and heres to another three points!

Gazza

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="cityangel"]

Gazza 

CA

[/quote]

CA,

No worries it was worth asking!, hope you get there safely and heres to another three points!

Gazza

[/quote]

Thanks Gazza, where are you by the way?

Gazza 

CA

[/quote]

CA,

Gazza

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty central Norwich just off Constitution Hill, not snowing currently although not sure what roads etc are like?!

Was snowing for a bit but stopped now, looks like there has been a bit overnight.

Interestingly ... Norfolk Green buses are still running to Norwich from Fakenham. Might be an option.http://www.norfolkgreen.co.uk/

We''re coming from the Downham area but just leaving extra extra early. The worst leg of the journey in the snow is usually the A1122 between Downham and Swaffham... don''t envisage too many problems after there. Not going to risk County Hall though and will try to park on the Riverside multi-story if possible.On another note I''m glad to see Darren Deadman is our ref today, we tend to do pretty well in matches with him.

Now look,

I am expecting the game to go ahead, and whats more I expect all the players to wear short sleeved shirts and NO gloves.

[quote user="dreamteam"]Now look,

I am expecting the game to go ahead, and whats more I expect all the players to wear short sleeved shirts and NO gloves.[/quote]You know full well that Darrell Russell will be wearing gloves.And rumour has it that Wes has one of those microwavable teddy bears to cuddle at half time.

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="cityangel"]

Gazza 

CA

[/quote]

CA,

Gazza

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty central Norwich just off Constitution Hill, not snowing currently although not sure what roads etc are like?!

[/quote]

Gazza are you still looking for tickets?

tell you what though could todays away crowd be one of the smallest ones we have seen at carrow road? Its a pretty long journey from Exeter to here as it is and dont think they would have brought too many supporters as it is and the snow will probably make a few not bother coming so can see it being a really small crowd

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Part of the away end is now on sale to home fans so they must have returned tickets at quite a late date probably due to the weather![/quote]That sounds positive!

[quote user="barclay_canary"]Ive just got home from taking the mother in law to work.  the roads are the worst ive ever seen them. i dont even think they have been gritted.  It was like thick ice and snow with lots of slush.  Wheel spinning in 3rd gear. lol.  on the way back i drove past Carrow Road.  and the conditions there are really bad.  There seems to be a trend in the modern game to call off games due to fans safety.  Up until last night the only 2 games on in league 1 was City and Leeds. Both having under soil heating and both being ex prem. So the question is.  Do you want to go and risk a broken leg?  or would you prefer it be called off and re arranged?? 

[/quote]hahahahahahow the hell are you risking a broken leg? unless your 83 or have Osteoporosis??? Speaking as someone who suffered a double fracture playing football, i have no fear whatsoever of breaking my leg walking in snow!!