Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Todays game? on or off?

Ive just got home from taking the mother in law to work.  the roads are the worst ive ever seen them. i dont even think they have been gritted.  It was like thick ice and snow with lots of slush.  Wheel spinning in 3rd gear. lol.  on the way back i drove past Carrow Road.  and the conditions there are really bad.  There seems to be a trend in the modern game to call off games due to fans safety.  Up until last night the only 2 games on in league 1 was City and Leeds. Both having under soil heating and both being ex prem. So the question is.  Do you want to go and risk a broken leg?  or would you prefer it be called off and re arranged?? 

On a selfish front as it''s snowing again here in the south-east, I''d say call it off as I can''t go. However the bigger picture is whether the club and the police deem it appropriate to keep the game on.

If it''s called off, there''s nothing to say the rearranged fixture would be convienient for everyone to watch anyway. Either way a number of supporters are not going to see the game.

Also on a selfish note, I want it to go ahead! City need the points and yhey can get 3 more whether they have 25,000 watching or 15,000 watching. ground and pitch is ok to play on so everyone take care and hopefully another good game and a win today.

A win today effectively puts us two games clear of our nearest rivals who will have just the one game in hand, that''s a big increase in psychological pressure, too good a chance to miss if at all possible.

Just been outside for the paper and its bloody horrible out there. The wind seems to be springing up and the sky looks full of snow showers.

If its on I will be there but I can''t help thinking thats its just plain stupid not to call it off now.

I think we would all like to witness another home win, and many of us like to think we can look after ourselves in these conditions. But walking out of Carrow Road at 5pm in a crowd on frozen snow and ice could be a bit of a nightmare. The pavements and roads simply haven''t been gritted properly. As for driving in it, well, good luck!If the game is on I will go, but I''m telling my elderly father to stay at home.

I''m well up for it lets get a good 3 points in get tuesday called off and be raring to go to beat col who next week!!! COYY

If the game is on I''ll be walking 7 miles to get to the game. My Dad''s going to be staying at home as it''s just too bad out here. Having just woken up and looked out the window, it''s going to be an absolute nightmare today. Still want the 3 points if it goes ahead though.

looking at the weather now surely the best thing to be would be to call it off? im undecided about going mainly because if i dont and it goes ahead i lose £15 for my ticket but is it worth dragging my 11 year old along?

The pavements were appalling after the Boxing Day game - I know 3 people who fell outside the ground. One was my husband who is still recovering from the torn shoulder ligaments he got when he fell.

We are both mad though - planning to drive in from the south of the county for today''s game when said husband gets back from work! Blowing a blizzard currently........

If the game is to be called off PLEASE let this be before midday as anyone driving in will need to start much earlier than usual.

Still want us to play today though!

Thanks for the update, I''ve got a 90 mile trip to the game...will be on the road in the next couple of hours if nothing heard about postponement. Like others, want the game to go ahead for the possibility of points on the board, but easy either way. The main roads are likely to be okay coming up to Norwich but i fear for the side roads, footways, and parking areas which may be the final factor in whether it goes ahead or not.

Game was still ON about 15 mins ago according to radio snorefolk .

I`m debating whether to drive or train it today

Trouble with the train Mac is will it be running after the match?

I would say in terms of safety get the train and leave the car at home but you don''t want to get stranded do you?

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Trouble with the train Mac is will it be running after the match? I would say in terms of safety get the train and leave the car at home but you don''t want to get stranded do you?[/quote]

Herein lies the dilemma.

I can walk to the train station if our lane is blocked ( which will not take long if the wind gets up ) If I drive I should be able to get out but may struggle to get back in.

....but if the game is still on there is no way I can miss it...

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]would be good to have some sort of official update from the club detailing surrounding areas etc considering how much they are meant to care about the fans[/quote]Yes they should send the players out with notepads and pens to write detailed reports on the state of Koblenz Avenue and the Ring Road. Possibly also hire a helicopter to give up to the minute reports on traffic congestion.

We had more snow out here in North Norfolk and there''s no way I''ll get to the game so very selfishly I hope its called off.

Really think its going to be a risky drive in for people who live outside of Norwich.

Matt. the main roads in Norwich are clear, no problem.

The pavements around The Carra are as elsewhere, but I drove past earlier and people are going about their business as usual.

Just wear appropriate clothing and footwear.

[quote user="cityangel"]

We had more snow out here in North Norfolk and there''s no way I''ll get to the game so very selfishly I hope its called off.

Really think its going to be a risky drive in for people who live outside of Norwich.

[/quote]

yeap in here in snowy north norfolk too! Game will be called off!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]would be good to have some sort of official update from the club detailing surrounding areas etc considering how much they are meant to care about the fans[/quote]

Oh shut up you tart

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Hi CA,

Hope your feeling better now?. If your not going today do you fancy selling your ticket although is there any way I would be able to get hold of it?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]looking at the weather now surely the best thing to be would be to call it off? im undecided about going mainly because if i dont and it goes ahead i lose £15 for my ticket but is it worth dragging my 11 year old along?[/quote]Decisions, decisions.....I doubt your 11 year old will bother about the weather - we never did - and the £15 is not worth losing too much sleep over in the great scheme of things. It''s the win I would missI''m faced with a 160 mile round trip by rail today. I''m hoping it''s off.

Happy enough to drive today. Just have to be sensible. Will probably leave around 11am and have lunch somewhere before the match. Have to go to Norwich today anyway to get a present for Mrs Henry''s 40th next week and a little snow isnt going to stop me doing that [;)]. Of course i''ve got the added bonus of freezing my nuts off at Carrow road for a couple of hours.

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Hi CA,

Hope your feeling better now?. If your not going today do you fancy selling your ticket although is there any way I would be able to get hold of it?

[/quote]

Not sure how you would get my ticket tbh as its snowing heavily out here and the radio is saying that the Fakenham Road to Norwich, Holt Road to Norwich, Holt Road to Cromer are in a bad way.Where are you?

If it''s on i''ll be there, but to be honest i''m a bit worried about the conditions at County Hall. Anyone been past there this morning?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]would be good to have some sort of official update from the club detailing surrounding areas etc considering how much they are meant to care about the fans
[/quote]

Get a grip. Pavements are the same all over norfolk, but I guess you know that. I will be taking my 14 year old, prob walking. I wont have to "drag" him along!