Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Is it just me or didint Lambert say......

That when he first came here the squad was far too big for league one? to my calculations he has brought in 5 and released 2? Making the squad bigger by 3. I know recently Lambo has been quoted as saying the squad is too small, but im sure hes backtracked on what he originally said back in August?

Any ideas why he may have changed his mind/

I imagine the players that he wants out are not included in the squad numbers in his head right now. (i.e. Cureton etc)

Yeah, Lambert did say the squad was far too big when he first arrived. He changed his outlook after a month or so - probably realising that quantity and quality are not the same thing.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

That when he first came here the squad was far too big for league one? to my calculations he has brought in 5 and released 2? Making the squad bigger by 3. I know recently Lambo has been quoted as saying the squad is too small, but im sure hes backtracked on what he originally said back in August?

[/quote]The squad is large numbers wise, but a lot of the players aren''t good enough for the first team as they are either too young, or just not very good. Players like Dawkins (although talented), Daley and the rb whose name has escaped me aren''t in a position to play week in week out. He has also commented on how there are lots of center midfielders but very few defenders etc.I wouldn''t be surprised if 2 or 3 players left this window to thin the squad out a bit.

Well Renton had his contract canceled, theo is still here (but for how long), there is also the question over Ostemobor with Martin and Spillane in that position and will both OTJ and Gill still be here.

Also we have a lot of youngstgers on the books Stephens, Habergham, Francomb and Dawkin who are yet to break into the first team.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

The squad is large numbers wise, but a lot of the players aren''t good enough for the first team as they are either too young, or just not very good. Players like Dawkins (although talented), Daley and the rb whose name has escaped me aren''t in a position to play week in week out. He has also commented on how there are lots of center midfielders but very few defenders etc.

I wouldn''t be surprised if 2 or 3 players left this window to thin the squad out a bit.
[/quote]

Indeed - the ''squad'' includes people like Dumic and Stephens, who he probably doesn''t see as ready for the first team, but he still needs players that are i.e Whitbread, Martin etc.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Becuase there are some players that haven''t left yet and he wants players in who increase our playing ability.[/quote]

like who? Mcveigh, J.C and Whaley are the obvious ones but even with them gone the squad is still the same size.

[/quote]

Otsemobor
Theoklitos
Tudor-Jones
Cureton
Maric (gone)
Renton (gone)
Whaley
McVeigh
Lathrope (loan)

These players don''t really count, as they are never going to get a game. Then there is Stephens, Dumic, Kelly, etc who we can''t be sure as to Lamberts opinion on them. He could also feel that these are not going to make the grade.