Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Stupid Questions at the press confrence

Just to stick up for David Cuffley and Chris Lakey a little, they are newspaper reporters, they were probably never trained as broadcast journalists and have spent the vast majority of their careers not having their interviews recorded.With the advent of multimedia journalism such as video and audio on websites, pretty much everything they do gets recorded now.A broadcast journo knows that they have to make their questions sound good for the audience, newspaper reporters just worry about getting their quotes.Most pro footballers know what journos are getting at when they make suggestive comments rather than a well rounded question, and the mature ones who don''t want to be awkward will normally play ball and talk about what you are suggesting to them.What does annoy me though, is when you hear broadcast journos on Match of the Day or Sky just say something pointless to high profile managers rather than ask them a proper question, that is their job and you hear it happen all the time!Listen out for it on MOTD tonight, if any games actually get played for them to screen that is, lol.

You sometimes wonder if our wonderful local hacks do any preparation before press conferences and actually sit down quietly somewhere and think about what questions they are going to ask - it often appears that they just busk the whole thing.

RW: Hello guys are you pleased to be here?

OJ: well I was, but...

RW: But what?

OJ: I''ve just noticed these small birds on your shirts.

RW: And?

OJ: I''m bloody allergic to Canaries.

RW: How about you Zak?

ZW: I''m not very happy either.

RW: Why''s that pray tell

ZW: I hate yellow it''s my least favourite colour

RW: So what are you fave colours guys?

Archant goes out of business.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"]*would''ve have guessed[/quote]

Wow, I had not idea!  Cool.  I finally had enough time to read the write up on him so had no idea before now that he was from Texas.  He seems to have lost the accent.

[/quote]His Dad''s English but he was born when his Dad was residing in Texas, he''s lived in Merseyside for most of his life.[/quote]Probably moved to get away from all that air pollution.... [;)] (by going to Liverpool... no, the irony is not lost on me)