Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Stupid Questions at the press confrence

Why are the questions asked to the new players so stupid? i mean come on half of what they answered wasnt even a question just blank statements.RW to OJ "Paul Lambert has said he''s after young and hungry players thats how you described youself" - first off its not a question and secondly he''s hardly going to say no is he you pleb!?? to OJ "Did you play against Norwich" - What has that got to do with anything about him signing or his ambitions???RW to ZW " When you were at Liverpool you played with Sami Hypia in game..." That not a question its a statement what do you expect him to say back other than "yes yes i did!" Can you please hire someone who actually asks a question worth asking!

[quote user="The Duke"]Why are the questions asked to the new players so stupid? i mean come on half of what they answered wasnt even a question just blank statements.

RW to OJ "Paul Lambert has said he''s after young and hungry players thats how you described youself" - first off its not a question and secondly he''s hardly going to say no is he you pleb!
?? to OJ "Did you play against Norwich" - What has that got to do with anything about him signing or his ambitions???
RW to ZW " When you were at Liverpool you played with Sami Hypia in game..." That not a question its a statement what do you expect him to say back other than "yes yes i did!"

Can you please hire someone who actually asks a question worth asking!
[/quote]

Thing is, it''s not hard to turn those half-statements into decent questions!

For example, with the ZW one, you could simply add on whether his game was influenced by Hyypia''s at all, and what the responsibilities of senior pros at clubs to nurturing youngsters are?

Also, I''d have liked them to have asked him whether his injury will cause him to struggle settling into the set-up, and how he feels he is capable of breaking into a fairly well-set first team.

Same could go for OJ - with Norwich having the best attack in the country, where do you see your role for the remainder of the season? Not complicated and those are just off the top of my head, but come on! Put a bit of thought into it...it''s lazy journalism!

My Q, for Whitbread would have been: "How much sleep did you get last night/this week...."

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Lambert looked bored.[/quote]

no doubt thinking "I hope Burnleys Press conferences are better than this one" ;)

RW clearly asked those questions in order to get the answers he required foor the story he wished to write. You are right though... some journalists ask dire questions. Pretty annoying when you know they''ll only ppermit a certain amount of time in a presser.

Are we surprised given its Rick Waghorn and Archant. Pure amateur stuff all the time. And to think you probably have to get a university degree to be a hotshot journo for the local rag.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Lambert looked bored.[/quote]funnily enough, i thought the same. Seemed to me like he was not interested. We never got to see what he had to say though. We can''t let a quality gaffer go. But then...................

[quote user="drongo payne"]Totally agree. Even Lambert looked bored by the whole farce[/quote]

I thought he looked like Ricky Gervais, with ZW being played by Simon Pegg.

He could have, but would that have been any more pertinent to the press conference than the statement/questions alread mentioned?

His answer would have been, "Who?"

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"]*would''ve have guessed
[/quote]

Wow, I had not idea!  Cool.  I finally had enough time to read the write up on him so had no idea before now that he was from Texas.  He seems to have lost the accent.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"]*would''ve have guessed[/quote]

Wow, I had not idea!  Cool.  I finally had enough time to read the write up on him so had no idea before now that he was from Texas.  He seems to have lost the accent.

[/quote]His Dad''s English but he was born when his Dad was residing in Texas, he''s lived in Merseyside for most of his life.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Lambert looked bored.[/quote]

Thank god Lambert didn''t do this during the conference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dVkUESj3c

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]Are you sure it was Rick Waghorn??? I thought it was Chris Lakey doing the interview hence why it''s on the Pink Un.[/quote] Good Point i thought it was RW voice but they do sound similar i think. Either that or i am wrong!

[quote user="The Duke"]Why are the questions asked to the new players so stupid? i mean come on half of what they answered wasnt even a question just blank statements.

RW to OJ "Paul Lambert has said he''s after young and hungry players thats how you described youself" - first off its not a question and secondly he''s hardly going to say no is he you pleb!
?? to OJ "Did you play against Norwich" - What has that got to do with anything about him signing or his ambitions???
RW to ZW " When you were at Liverpool you played with Sami Hypia in game..." That not a question its a statement what do you expect him to say back other than "yes yes i did!"

[/quote]

In general it is related to the money they pay the questioners.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="drongo payne"]Totally agree. Even Lambert looked bored by the whole farce[/quote]

I thought he looked like Ricky Gervais, with ZW being played by Simon Pegg.

[/quote]

Yeah I''ve thought this for a while:

plus you noticed how lambert is going grey, just the same as Worthington started too when he was manager?   

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"]*would''ve have guessed
[/quote]

[/quote]
His Dad''s English but he was born when his Dad was residing in Texas, he''s lived in Merseyside for most of his life.
[/quote]

Yah, I know he was raised in England.  I was being  a bit of a smart ass.  It''ll be great if he sticks with the team for a while at least.  We (my oldest son and I) love it when American players do well in Europe, esp. England. One of the national team players who is with Houston may be going on loan to Aberdeen (or one of the bigger but not Celtic or Rangers Scottish teams). A fast, very good passing and scoring midfielder named Stuart Holden.

[/quote]

TV interviews always make footballers sound  thick - but I agree that the interviewer was dreadful