Sign in to follow this  
spark65

Game On

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Link: http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1925717,00.html

Great news. Bit of snow never hurt anybody [;)]
[/quote]

No not unless you have to drive a distance to get there plus its snowing heavily and you have to somehow get onto a main road.

[/quote]

Oh FGS stop whinging, if you''re that worried stay at home.

I think it''s abit of a naive decision by the Club. If a Norwich or Exeter fan gets seriously hurt falling over or in a car crash, it wouldn''t be worth it. I''m still going to go but it was awful last night.

People need to take a bit of responsibility for themselves. If you can''t get to Norwich safely, don''t go, simple as that.

The club are obviously confident the areas around the ground will be sufficiently safe.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]People need to take a bit of responsibility for themselves. If you can''t get to Norwich safely, don''t go, simple as that. The club are obviously confident the areas around the ground will be sufficiently safe.[/quote]

''Responsibility for themselves'',what in this day and age.Surely if i fall over or crash it''s somebody elses fault?[:P]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Link: http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1925717,00.html

Great news. Bit of snow never hurt anybody [;)]
[/quote]

No not unless you have to drive a distance to get there plus its snowing heavily and you have to somehow get onto a main road.

[/quote]

Oh FGS stop whinging, if you''re that worried stay at home.

[/quote]

Well said i''m getting bored of people moaning cos of a bit of snow, if you dont want to go out or if you cant look after yourself of drive sensibly then dont, this is what this world has come to. Was a chap on the radio yesterday that said when he was a child and at school he opened the front door in the morning to go to school and it was 3/4 the way up the door with snow, went to his mum to say he couldn''t go, she got out a broom and cleared some from the top and chucked him out. now we wont go out cos of a bit of snow and ice, crazy!

Why do people want to sit in the cold for 2 hours?Its horrible outside, i love going to football, but the weather is just horrible :(

I can''t wait to walk down the hill of death from Queen''s Road to King Street. Couple of beers heads for fun times trying to walk down that hill. WOO HOO ! ! ! ! ! ! (for the record I''m not being sarcastic. It''s gonna be hilarious)

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]People need to take a bit of responsibility for themselves. If you can''t get to Norwich safely, don''t go, simple as that. The club are obviously confident the areas around the ground will be sufficiently safe.[/quote]

''Responsibility for themselves'',what in this day and age.Surely if i fall over or crash it''s somebody elses fault?[:P]

[/quote]

And that is the crux of the problem with today''s pussified society, Herman.  People who will sue at the slightest chance of gaining a couple of quid in this awful compensation age because they can''t be responsible for themselves.I was clearing and gritting the path & steps to an ol'' girls property yesterday only to be told by some tool from the council that I could be prosecuted if somebody hurt themselves on the grit. [:O][:@]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]I can''t wait to walk down the hill of death from Queen''s Road to King Street. Couple of beers heads for fun times trying to walk down that hill. WOO HOO ! ! ! ! ! ! (for the record I''m not being sarcastic. It''s gonna be hilarious)[/quote]Lol you actually going to walk down there? i''m going to go the long way :P

Haha. I dunno GP. In my heart of hearts I know the long way round is safer. After a few beers the sensible side tends to leave and the fun factor of trying to get down there could be too much to resist :)

I think this is a risky decision by the club! Ultimately i believe lambert has has urged the club to get the game to go ahead for the physcological advantage of potenially being three points clear of charlton. As much as i want us to play in the form we are in i personaly believe the game should not have gone ahead for the safety of fans.

I can already see the comments on this board after exeter sneak a win, why was the game allowed to go ahead etc etc.............

Lets hope norwich win and every one arrives and returns home safely!

Wrap up warm and put on appropriate footwear. And drive sensibly. Simple as that really. The only people who should be of concern is the elderly if they go by themselves, but hopefully they have younger family who can give them a helping hand whilst walking.

I agree with most on here - no one is putting a gun to anyone''s head and forcing them to go to the game. I can''t get there today largely due to the weather, but see no reason for a game to be postponed if the vast majority are ok. That''s the way things are sometimes.

I do find it quite extraordinary that games seem to be postponed so readily nowadays.

The main problem will be for Exeter fans driving home after the game as the temperature will drop considerably in the evening. They really are going to have to go carefully and ignore idiots behind them that want them to go faster.  I was on a main road yesterday and my car was starting to skid at anything over 20 miles an hour.  The guy behind pulled alongside and gave me abuse at a roundabout. [:@]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Haha. I dunno GP. In my heart of hearts I know the long way round is safer. After a few beers the sensible side tends to leave and the fun factor of trying to get down there could be too much to resist :)[/quote]

I went down the hill....wasn''t too bad, untill the steps :S

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Haha. I dunno GP. In my heart of hearts I know the long way round is safer. After a few beers the sensible side tends to leave and the fun factor of trying to get down there could be too much to resist :)[/quote]

I went down the hill....wasn''t too bad, untill the steps :S

[/quote]We went down the ''hill of death'' before the match. The top part was gritted and clear. But everyone was regretting it by the time we reached that bottom section! You''ve seen Dancing on Ice, well this was Canary Fans on Ice, and it was just as incompetent!Well done to everyone who made it today.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I think it''s abit of a naive decision by the Club. If a Norwich or Exeter fan gets seriously hurt falling over or in a car crash, it wouldn''t be worth it. I''m still going to go but it was awful last night.[/quote]

I''m surprised that we have an army.... the poor guys could get hurt.