Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Oli Johnson

Apparantly a local lad (to me)

39 goals in pub league four years ago!

Massive chance for the lad, fingers crossed

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=oli+johnson&form=QBIR&qs=n#focal=eefee555db3f389ccb35db5e9ef5000a&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.haveit.me.uk%2FImages%2Fscorersun06.jpg

Simple but very effective Big Toe, if the snakepit and the Jarrold could work together, assuming he scores of course.

he seems deceptively quick for someone tall which is good. had a decent first touch and also got back and won the odd tackle, looked good in the few minutes he played.

his run when he beat 4/5 players was impressive - looks like he could have good potential, but lets give him a little longer to make our minds up [;)]

Got a bit more meat on him than Cody has although he doesn''t seem to have as much pace. Looks a skillful player though.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he seems deceptively quick for someone tall which is good. had a decent first touch and also got back and won the odd tackle, looked good in the few minutes he played.[/quote]

This sums him up well - early impressions are good, probably above Cody in the pecking order now.

[quote user="Twitchy"]He should enjoy playing his football in the pleasuredome we like to call Carrow Road.[/quote]

Once he learns to relax.......[;)]

Looks OK and capable of playing a but no more than a squad player!

Has got a long way to go before thinking about breaking in!

To me offered less than Mcdonald who has pace, tenacity and can force things out of nothing!

I thought he looked comfortable and strong on the ball. Great run from almost his first touch. I think once he gets into the system we play he will be a very useful addition based on his first outing.....had the barclay singing his name  veeery quickly.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

To me offered less than Mcdonald who has pace, tenacity and can force things out of nothing!

[/quote]Can we stop this myth that Cody is good? If he was so good Lambert would start him or at the very least have him on the bench and give him lots of sub time.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

So you''re concluding that he''s no more than a squad player on the basis of a (very positive) 10 minutes?!

He is clearly above Cody now.

He was only on for short while but I actually thought he looked quicker than Cody. He has good balance, quick feet and good ball control. Particularly liked his ''disco'' step over

Industrious and lively but then of course he''s out to impress so he should be.

Promising start.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]He was only on for short while but I actually thought he looked quicker than Cody. He has good balance, quick feet and good ball control. Particularly liked his ''disco'' step over Industrious and lively but then of course he''s out to impress so he should be. Promising start.[/quote]

Exactly - on today''s evidence, he certainly looks like someone that will keep Martin on his toes.

I listened to the match on the radio and he sounded good. However, I think that he is probably behind Holt and Martin as I think that 10 minutes isn''t really enough time to show yourself in detail, although at first he did sound like he was going to do a Marc Libbra. If Holt and Martin are available for the next game I think that they will start and Johnson will be on the bench, but I just think that Johnson should be given more time so that we can find out about him in detail.

I think Jerry the steward is going to be unhappy that his chant is now being used for Oli!

It''ll take a lot to displace Holt or Martin, but Oli was clearly signed to be the next in line, and he''ll do well there. Keep lazy boy Martin on his toes.

On limited evidence seemed to be quick, direct and had a good first touch. To get into the team as a started he will need to be a goalscorer and the jury hasn''t even been sworn in on that.

[quote user="Allez17"]It''ll take a lot to displace Holt or Martin, but Oli was clearly signed to be the next in line, and he''ll do well there. Keep lazy boy Martin on his toes.
[/quote]

Chris Martin isn''t lazy but he is the least hard working.