Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Time to come clean NCFC box office, just how "random" was the ballot

...for Colchester tickets, because it is my contention that if it were a totally random draw, it woud have all been done an dusted on Monday this week, and people would have found out by Wednesday latest.

I accuse you NCFC of using those extra couple of days to individually vet each and every one of those applications, and handpicking to make sure that friends, friends of friends, friends of collegues and players etc etc were all looked after,

I haven''t necessarily got a problem with any of the above - just come clean and admit it.

As you can probably tell - I''ve been unsuccesful - disgrace!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...for Colchester tickets, because it is my contention that if it were a totally random draw, it woud have all been done an dusted on Monday this week, and people would have found out by Wednesday latest. I accuse you NCFC of using those extra couple of days to individually vet each and every one of those applications, and handpicking to make sure that friends, friends of friends, friends of collegues and players etc etc were all looked after, I haven''t necessarily got a problem with any of the above - just come clean and admit it. As you can probably tell - I''ve been unsuccesful - disgrace![/quote]

http://wheelhouseadvisors.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sour-grapes.jpg

Although i''m in group 2 so got them regardless, i know of some people who were in group 3 and knew someone in the ticket office and they said they would "look after" their application!

[quote user="dizgoo"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...for Colchester tickets, because it is my contention that if it were a totally random draw, it woud have all been done an dusted on Monday this week, and people would have found out by Wednesday latest. I accuse you NCFC of using those extra couple of days to individually vet each and every one of those applications, and handpicking to make sure that friends, friends of friends, friends of collegues and players etc etc were all looked after, I haven''t necessarily got a problem with any of the above - just come clean and admit it. As you can probably tell - I''ve been unsuccesful - disgrace![/quote]

http://wheelhouseadvisors.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sour-grapes.jpg

[/quote]

I''d get those hemorrhoids looked at, they look painful mate!

Oh well, I mean you can still listen to it and heck they have save you a few pounds that can be spent at the pub in celebration after we hammer them!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...for Colchester tickets, because it is my contention that if it were a totally random draw, it woud have all been done an dusted on Monday this week, and people would have found out by Wednesday latest.

I accuse you NCFC of using those extra couple of days to individually vet each and every one of those applications, and handpicking to make sure that friends, friends of friends, friends of collegues and players etc etc were all looked after,

I haven''t necessarily got a problem with any of the above - just come clean and admit it.

As you can probably tell - I''ve been unsuccesful - disgrace![/quote]I''m sure you''d have written exactly the same if you had got a ticket.....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I was never going to get one , and neither did anyone or was anyone else in my "demographic"[/quote]

Can''t remember a "tick here if you are a whinging brat" box on the Application?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I was never going to get one , and neither did anyone or was anyone else in my "demographic"[/quote]

Can''t remember a "tick here if you are a whinging brat" box on the Application?

[/quote]Lol

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

Brilliant!!

Looks like another poster who despite everything that''s good about NCFC at the moment will still find the opportunity to have a moan or dig.

GLJ dont be an idiot I applied with absolutly no ties to the ticket office and got 2 tickets through group 3 i applied for scum away last year and got sod all its all the luck of the draw. grow up and stop bein such a baby just cos u dint get a ticket!

The fact of the matter is it should never have gone down to a ballot. It should have all been based on loyalty. They should have staggered the scheme so it went...

All away stubs

10 away stubs

9 away stubs

8 away stubs

7 away stubs

and so on, and so on.

You go to the away games? You get a ticket. Even though this is my view I still applied having only got 3 away stubs because that was the system that NCFC decided to put in place. Might as well try your luck. I was unsuccessful. I''m not going to b**ch and moan about it. Had they done it to reward away fans'' loyalty there would have been even less room to complain. If you haven''t been to enough games you don''t get a ticket. Simple as that if you ask me.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]The fact of the matter is it should never have gone down to a ballot. It should have all been based on loyalty. They should have staggered the scheme so it went...

All away stubs

10 away stubs

9 away stubs

8 away stubs

7 away stubs

and so on, and so on.

You go to the away games? You get a ticket. Even though this is my view I still applied having only got 3 away stubs because that was the system that NCFC decided to put in place. Might as well try your luck. I was unsuccessful. I''m not going to b**ch and moan about it. Had they done it to reward away fans'' loyalty there would have been even less room to complain. If you haven''t been to enough games you don''t get a ticket. Simple as that if you ask me.[/quote]

super point!!!!

[quote user="linco88"]GLJ dont be an idiot I applied with absolutly no ties to the ticket office and got 2 tickets through group 3 i applied for scum away last year and got sod all its all the luck of the draw. grow up and stop bein such a baby just cos u dint get a ticket![/quote]

why did the ballot take a week?????

There is no conspiracy theory.

I applied for a ticket and didn''t get one along with over a thousand other City fans. I haven''t been singled out. This is just one of the most over subscribed games we have seen in years.

I don''t know why it has taken so long to process but perhaps that is down to a reduction of staff as part of the Carrow Road cost savings? Drawing the ballot, verifying everyone is actually in the group that they have stated on the form, processing over a thousand card payments and then sending hundreds of letters out to unsuccessful applicants is certainly a more time consuming process than they usually have to deal with.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]The fact of the matter is it should never have gone down to a ballot. It should have all been based on loyalty. They should have staggered the scheme so it went...

All away stubs 10 away stubs

9 away stubs

8 away stubs

7 away stubs and so on, and so on. You go to the away games? You get a ticket..[/quote]

CV. - I think that is a fairer way and hopefully that would reward fans who go to the away matches early in the season rather than those who just apply for their one away game of the season.

What is your demographic that prevents you from ever getting one?