Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Views on Seaborne?

Unable to make the game today but would like to konw what you thought of seaborne.

Sign him or Avoid

[quote user="Dibs"]Unable to make the game today but would like to konw what you thought of seaborne. Sign him or Avoid[/quote]

Not overly impressed. Big and mobile, but didn''t stand out. Oli looks handy though!

[quote user="Dibs"]Unable to make the game today but would like to konw what you thought of seaborne.

Sign him or Avoid[/quote]I think now with have Whitbread Seabourne is out of the picture, especially as his performances haven''t been that great this season. Think we may have done well in not being able to sign him when Lambert first tried.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I thought he looked ok, played a lot of long ball stuff but now we have Whitbread I think we''re fairly well covered at the back.[/quote]

Yes agreed, Don''t need Seaborne now and I think he knew that today. 

He must be gutted to think of the move that he has probably missed out on, and Exeter will have missed out on a fee from us because I believe he has refused a new contract and is a free agent at the end of the season. 

[quote user="paul moy"]He must be gutted to think of the move that he has probably missed out on, and Exeter will have missed out on a fee from us because I believe he has refused a new contract and is a free agent at the end of the season. [/quote]

They will get some sort of fee as he is under 24. If he would be free I would have thought Lambert would sign him at the end of his contract but he won''t be free

Seabourne looked as competent as Doherty or Nelson if the latter two were playing for Exeter.Do you get my logic there?

I get the picture.

If free, maybe worth a gamble or as cover. Will he cut it in the championship? properly not, but with Lambert as manager who knows what a gem he may be.

He looked quite good in the second half I thought, made some good tackles and blocks. Wouldn''t get into our first team but was one of their better players. Who was that guy in midfield? Was it Hartley? He looked very good, some great through balls to the wingers. I can see why some Chamionship sides are looking at him.

He may not of stood out but he rarely put a foot wrong. He was competent, quick and agile. I would definitely choose him over Nelson on todays performance and think he could even challenge Askou, I can''t compare with Whitbread. I would say that he could well cut it in the championship, I don''t think Nelson could.

I don''t think we''ll be signing him this season though, but I do think some club will be giving him a chance in the championship this season or next.