Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City and 'football first' problem

For the 2nd week running, I''ve had problems while trying to access Football First on Sky.

OK, so it didn''t affect City''s game at Chelsea, but later I though I''d watch a different one.

I kept getting a damn message saying ''Sorry, there is a technical problem, please press back up and try later''.

Result: missing the first few minutes (although it did eventually work) anyone else having this problem?.

I''ve had more useful conversations with a mouldy lemon then what little advice sky could give me.

I know its only a matter of time before I miss a City away game, 55 minute highlights programme, and Match of the Day is a joke.

Help!.   

Wiz,

Have you sky+ or normal digibox?

I hadn''t had any problems with my original digibox but upgraded to sky+ a couple of weeks ago.
I had same problem that you are experiencing. Had a sky technician around but all he said was that there was a software problem with that make of sky+ box and that sky knew about and was trying to rectify problem asap.

It was the week of our Fulham game so I didn''t miss much!!

No problem from week after

I can only presume sky are resetting all their software.

Hang on in there!!!

Can''t say I''ve had any problems with the glorious football first either.  I''d contact sky if I were you. 

Also, can I just say: Sky+ the BEST thing since sliced bread!  Potentially even better than sliced bread!

[quote]Can''t say I''ve had any problems with the glorious football first either. I''d contact sky if I were you. Also, can I just say: Sky+ the BEST thing since sliced bread! Potentially even better than ...[/quote]

I have contacted them DD, for what little good that did, they suggested that I pull the bloody mains plug out for 1 minute!. So we''ll see next week.

I''ve only got the older sky box, is this sky+ box worth having then?.

[quote]I have contacted them DD, for what little good that did, they suggested that I pull the bloody mains plug out for 1 minute!. So we''ll see next week. I''ve only got the older sky box, is this sky+ box ...[/quote]

Yeah trust me Wiz, sky+ is well worth the extra tenna a month.  The amount of times I walk in on a football match half way through and rewind it to see the goals.  Also the record function is so damn easy.  No hassle trying to find a tape, getting it to the right place etc etc.  It really is great 

If you''re like our household though, it might take a bit of time to convince Mrs Wiz!

[quote]I have contacted them DD, for what little good that did, they suggested that I pull the bloody mains plug out for 1 minute!. So we''ll see next week. I''ve only got the older sky box, is this sky+ box ...[/quote]

Wiz,surely you were told to unplug it just for a short spell!

Sky''s Football First programme is a complete joke. I have sent them a strongly worded E-Mail twice complaining that our game against Bolton wasn''t picked as ''Game of the Day'' when it clearly was. Pointing out that the game should be chosen on the quality and overall entertainment of the game, not just the most fashionable clubs who had a decent game too.

As for your problem 1st Wizard, can''t say I have experienced similar. But for the Chelsea game, in the opening 5 minutes it had the commentary for the Birmingham/West Brom game, which was a tad annoying.

Sky Sports

I also got wba commentary to start with,pleased to say with several of Mr.Wolf''s of Attleborough inside I hardly noticed:

[quote]Sky''s Football First programme is a complete joke. I have sent them a strongly worded E-Mail twice complaining that our game against Bolton wasn''t picked as ''Game of the Day'' when it clearly was. Poin...[/quote]

Cheers for the info Campbell.

I know just how you feel (we all do) about that Bolton game.

Maybe I expect people in the TV media to be totaly unbiased, that''s their job after all, but it would appear that the reality is somewhat different!.

''Miffed'' is a polite word for what I think on this.

Good on you for sending email''s to them though.

[quote]Sky''s Football First programme is a complete joke. I have sent them a strongly worded E-Mail twice complaining that our game against Bolton wasn''t picked as ''Game of the Day'' when it clearly was. Poin...[/quote]

Football first is not a complete joke.

How much coverage do we get on MOTD?? virtually nothing

Football first is superb, 60 minutes coverage of every Norwich game and people are still moaning.