Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Credit to Exeter

We were well worth our win on saturday but at times they put us under a lot more pressure than a lot of other so called bigger sides. At times in the second half we found it difficult to get out of our half and i was very relieved that our second goal went in. They are a small club that are probably at the highest level that they can expect but have managed 2 promotions on the bounce and have a very good young manager. I was impressed by the bottle to make 3 substitutions at the same time. I also give credit to the large number of Exeter fans who turned out in larger numbers than i expected and must have had a nightmare journey there and back

Credit to their manager too for going into the away fans section before kick off to thank them for making the trip.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We were well worth our win on saturday but at times they put us under a lot more pressure than a lot of other so called bigger sides. At times in the second half we found it difficult to get out of our half and i was very relieved that our second goal went in. They are a small club that are probably at the highest level that they can expect but have managed 2 promotions on the bounce and have a very good young manager. I was impressed by the bottle to make 3 substitutions at the same time. I also give credit to the large number of Exeter fans who turned out in larger numbers than i expected and must have had a nightmare journey there and back[/quote]A little patronising towards Exeter, but yes huge respect to their fans.The Grecians are an extremely well run club who have a good manager, and an excellent Director of Football in Steve Perryman. It is no surprise that a lot of the Exeter players are being scouted by Championship teams. I wouldn''t be surprised to see them pushing for the Championship in a couple of years if they can keep some of their current players and Perryman can keep picking out talented youngsters from the non-leagues and League Two. They also should a tactical prowess that a lot of League One teams are missing. I wasn''t surprised it was a tough game yesterday and think Exeter will have no problems avoiding the drop this season.

I had not intended tobe patronising to Exeter far from it.  With average attendences around the 5000 mark though they would find it hard to push on into the championship, albeit Colchester did a few seasons ago on simular numbers. I think we have entered a phase when there will often be some big clubs in league 1 as we have found this season. I quick look at the championship table now shows The Owls and Derby in a precarious position. They do have a good young manager i wonder how long it will be until he is poached away?

We were next to the Exeter fans yesterday and I thought they were terrific, getting behind their team and showing a good sense of humour. The gesture by the manager was superb, and it was obvious that there is a real bond there.

I hope they all made it back OK, although watching the interviews on SSN last night it sounds like quite  few were staying overnight.

Yesterday was great, one of only SEVEN games in the country to kick off at 3And our game was the second highest scoring.Good ol'' Carra Rud, never lets us doon!

yes, we did deserve to win but i think that 3-1 was too much maybe 2-1 would have been the best result [;)]

the manager win the prize for best hat and for also going into the exeter fans and seeing some of them!! [;)]