Sign in to follow this  
Yellalee

New, proper song for Holt...

How about this one I''ve just made up...

Grant Holt, he scores our goals

He thumps the oppo ''til they surrender

When Wesley crosses another ball in

Holty is there, stooping for the winner

Winner, winner, winner, oh!

Naaaah, nah nah, nah nah nah nah

Nah nah nah nah

Grant Holt

Nah nah nah nah

Grant Holt

Nah nah nah nah

Grant Holt

Nah nah nah nah

Grant Holt

(repeat ad infinitum)

[quote user="I am a Banana"]its too long, a good football chant has to be short ![/quote]Not necessarily - Just do the last bit then.

[quote user="Yellalee"][quote user="I am a Banana"]its too long, a good football chant has to be short ![/quote]

Not necessarily - Just do the last bit then.
[/quote]

the whole song is too long, but take a section of it is fine![;)]

Shockingly bad.  Why do people bother with this stuff unless they''re an established member of the Snakepit/Lower Barclay (where most of the songs come from)?I''m embarassed for you... [:P]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Shockingly bad.  Why do people bother with this stuff unless they''re an established member of the Snakepit/Lower Barclay (where most of the songs come from)?I''m embarassed for you... [:P][/quote]Haha.Block D, Row S - so I have the credentials (in theory...)

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Shockingly bad.  Why do people bother with this stuff unless they''re an established member of the Snakepit/Lower Barclay (where most of the songs come from)?I''m embarassed for you... [:P][/quote]... Ouch Evil, harsh.Given the efforts of thousands of fans have proven in able to assemble and produce a catchy and creative song for Holt must demonstrate how hard a task it is to make one.This is not necessarily the best effort (neither is it by any means the worst), but one should be encouraging (and be far less damning) in ones appraisal in anothers idea''s if we ever hope to come up with a good idea.

Norwich don''t need, anybody else.

When i think of Grant Holt I touch myself. WHOOOAAAAHH !

I also liked the very simple "ALL YOU NEED IS HOLT! Da da da da daaaaaa. ALL YOU NEED IS HOLT! Da da da daaaaaa. ALL YOU NEED IS HOLT, HOLT! HOLT IS ALL YOU NEED!"

And Hoolahan''s got a song and it''s brilliant.

Pleased that the old Gary Holt chant is being used for Korey Smith because it''s true. He really is everywhere.

Like the fact that it took Oli Johnson 3 minutes to impress and get his own songs.

And football chants don''t need to be short. Loads of clubs have songs and they sound amazing. They just need to be good. Like Celtic singing Fields of Athenry, or that Torres song the scousers sing.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Norwich don''t need, anybody else.

When i think of Grant Holt I touch myself. WHOOOAAAAHH !

I also liked the very simple "ALL YOU NEED IS HOLT! Da da da da daaaaaa. ALL YOU NEED IS HOLT! Da da da daaaaaa. ALL YOU NEED IS HOLT, HOLT! HOLT IS ALL YOU NEED!"

And Hoolahan''s got a song and it''s brilliant.

Pleased that the old Gary Holt chant is being used for Korey Smith because it''s true. He really is everywhere.

Like the fact that it took Oli Johnson 3 minutes to impress and get his own songs.

And football chants don''t need to be short. Loads of clubs have songs and they sound amazing. They just need to be good. Like Celtic singing Fields of Athenry, or that Torres song the scousers sing.[/quote]AgreedMine was to th tune of Hey Jude, BTW... I like the idea of singing the chorus for him - hell - I think even we could manage that bit!Anything to get away from his current one...

sorry but hoolahans current song is embarrasing and thats why its never that loud. On the other hand if it did not sound so homosexual your holt song would be good lol

Haha. It''s not my Holt song. I heard some lads in E block singing it on Boxing Day and it made me laugh.

I really like the Hoolahan song. We are both talking about the Nah nah nah nah one? I just find it really catchy and fun. Didn''t realise people didn''t like it.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Shockingly bad.  Why do people bother with this stuff unless they''re an established member of the Snakepit/Lower Barclay (where most of the songs come from)?I''m embarassed for you... [:P][/quote]... Ouch Evil, harsh.Given the efforts of thousands of fans have proven in able to assemble and produce a catchy and creative song for Holt must demonstrate how hard a task it is to make one.This is not necessarily the best effort (neither is it by any means the worst), but one should be encouraging (and be far less damning) in ones appraisal in anothers idea''s if we ever hope to come up with a good idea.[/quote]I just think that good football songs are a bit more spontaneous and probably come from the creative atmosphere of the public house, rather than a message board... We''ve not really had a good one in years, aside from Safri''s.  Simon Lappin''s King of Spain song is pretty amusing, but for all Hucks'' legendary status, we never once gave him a song we could be proud of - ''Oh Huckerby, Hucker-Hucker-Huckerby'' was plain rubbish and we should be embarassed that that''s the best we could do for our best player of the decade!Get in the pub, I say, let the creative juices flow! At least then suggestions like this one will only embarass you in front of your mates... [;)]

Love the Hoolahan song.Probably the reason its not sung as loud as it could be is because half the fans cant be bothered.Tried the hey Jude chorus bit for Askou a few times in the lower Barclay ... didnt work either [:|]The best place to try and get new songs established is away games i think.

What about "Holt - The Jewel of North Norfolk?" With pictures of Gresham''s and those cobbly streets and shops, maybe some Londoners on the way to their holiday home which is empty 350 days a year...Oh, you mean the footballer.  Sorry.What''s wrong with:(to the tune of La Donna et Mobile, which you will know as ''Paulo De Canio''"Grant Holt is SupermanGrant Holt is SupermanGrant Holt is SupermanGrant Holt is Superman"

"Ole Ole Ole Ole, Granty Holt Holt Holt."Hey Jude? "Naaaaa naaaaa naaaaa naaaaaa nananaaaaaa, nanannaaaaa, Grant Hooooollllllt"