Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Birmingham weather

Just looked on Sky weather for the next 7 days and can safely say I won''t be bothereing to go.

every over night tempreture -2 or 3 and only getting to 0 and 1 during daylight hours and snow on the way as well.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Wallsall on Tuesday is a complete waste of time - should of been called off on Friday![/quote]

The forecast for my area has been wrong every single day since this cold spell started. Today they forecast light snow all day and temperatures of 1 max. We had a lovely sunny morning, about 4 degrees. Sky still clear.

The computer models they use are similar to the long term ones they use for climate change projections and on which the western world is basing its entire environmental policy.....

I have no idea what its like in Brum but down here in London the snow has basically disappeared today, has been a bit of rain and the pavements and roads are fine. Quite why the hell West Ham called off their game I do not know.

It feels damn cold due to the wind chill but the ground temperature is not below freezing. If Brum is similar and they''ve got covers and heaters on the pitch then there may be a chnace if it happening.

I would say there must also be a half decent chance that Brentford will play on Tuesday night in the Cup because if that gets called off again then our game on the 23rd is presumably in doubt.

So how does Grant prepare our players in terms of training and travelling. I assume we have to do as we normally would right up to the point where the game is called off and this probably means travelling to the midlands on Monday.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So how does Grant prepare our players in terms of training and travelling. I assume we have to do as we normally would right up to the point where the game is called off and this probably means travelling to the midlands on Monday.[/quote]

???????????????

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So how does Grant prepare our players in terms of training and travelling. I assume we have to do as we normally would right up to the point where the game is called off and this probably means travelling to the midlands on Monday.[/quote]You just come out of a coma or something Rudolph?!

Didn''t Rip Van Winkle play for Heerenveen or someone.

I was simply of the opinion that there is a lot involved in building up to a game and it would be nice if this could be avoided when unnecessary. Has it been called off and I''ve not seen it?

I would really like to see our boys fit and raring to go for Col U.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Wallsall on Tuesday is a complete waste of time - should of been called off on Friday![/quote]

The forecast for my area has been wrong every single day since this cold spell started. Today they forecast light snow all day and temperatures of 1 max. We had a lovely sunny morning, about 4 degrees. Sky still clear.

The computer models they use are similar to the long term ones they use for climate change projections and on which the western world is basing its entire environmental policy.....

[/quote]

What a pile of nonsence. Climate is totally different to weather.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote]

What a pile of nonsence. Climate is totally different to weather.[/quote]Let them rant, Hairy, most people don''t realise that... they''re usually the same people who believe the whole country should be on 24 hour standby for snowfall like we''ve seen this past month, even though this is the first time its hit us in 28 years.  How dare the whole country not have enough grit and salt to cope with extreme weather of this sort for the best part of a month?(Incidentally, I''ll be in a meeting on Thursday in which council response to this weather (albeit for Stockport, rather than Norfolk) will undoubtedly be discussed... I''ll let you know if anything interesting is discussed... which isn''t likely)

well as I write this I am looking out my window at cold grey sky it has snowed this morning on and off  it is freezing  up here in Birmingham but as walsall is in the black country which is hilly there is the likelehood of more snow in walsnow, I had originally had planned to book the day off work to go to walsnow !again! but I have changed  my mind I will not be going as there is no chance of walsnow getting the game on unless of course they buy more wood buring  oil drums  for outside the bescot as well as for the pitch

but  maybe this help  will save City fans from making the long trek to walsnow again

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/wm_forecast_warnings.html?day=3

ON THE BALL CITY

OOOH! I do hope the relevant authorities are prepared for the inevitable flooding that will occur when the thaw sets in....

Or maybe they won''t be....."But we had no idea that there would be loads of water - when that white stuff disappeared?"

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

OOOH! I do hope the relevant authorities are prepared for the inevitable flooding that will occur when the thaw sets in....

Or maybe they won''t be....."But we had no idea that there would be loads of water - when that white stuff disappeared?"

[/quote]This might interest you... or, most likely, probably not, since it lacks the abundance of pretty pictures that your attention span usually requires...http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/britains-gritters-weve-had-to-get-used-to-the-abuse-1863275.html

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]
This might interest you... or, most likely, probably not, since it lacks the abundance of pretty pictures that your attention span usually requires...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/britains-gritters-weve-had-to-get-used-to-the-abuse-1863275.html
[/quote]

If it gets a rise out of a chump like you.....I''m content.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]This might interest you... or, most likely, probably not, since it lacks the abundance of pretty pictures that your attention span usually requires...http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/britains-gritters-weve-had-to-get-used-to-the-abuse-1863275.html[/quote]

[/quote]Aren''t you clever...

Spot on Evil; it is one that the ''Authorities'' could never really win, they would soon have been slated for wasting resources had they gone against Met Office advice and stockpiled salt/grit only for it it not to be needed. But then the media can have it whichever way it wants, it seems much of public opinion will blindly follow it rather than thinking about whether it is actually sensible or not.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]
This might interest you... or, most likely, probably not, since it lacks the abundance of pretty pictures that your attention span usually requires...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/britains-gritters-weve-had-to-get-used-to-the-abuse-1863275.html
[/quote]

[/quote]
Aren''t you clever...
[/quote]

More than you''ll ever be - ''Oh Little Pseudo Intellectual Independent Peruser''....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Spot on Evil; it is one that the ''Authorities'' could never really win, they would soon have been slated for wasting resources had they gone against Met Office advice and stockpiled salt/grit only for it it not to be needed. But then the media can have it whichever way it wants, it seems much of public opinion will blindly follow it rather than thinking about whether it is actually sensible or not.[/quote]

Get a room with the Weevil Minkey why don''t cha?