Sign in to follow this  
shropshire canary

Stuck on the Tube

Anyone else get stuck on the tube coming out of Fulham Broadway after the game on staurday?

We got on our tube at 5.20ish(along with 5998 others apparently, so jammed in we were), and eventually arrived back at Fulham Broadway around 8.00 having broken down before even reacjhing the next station.

No communication from London Underground, baking hot, no room to move, and when we eventually got back we got a bottle of water and told to find a bus!!

Perfect end to a perfect day eh?

We made that mistake in the FA Cup replay so this time we did the 15-minute walk to South Kensington Station which was virtually empty and got home in minutes.

When we got off the tube I spoke to one of the policemen who said that they had not been contacted by the underground until we had been stuck in the tube for 35 mins!

We then got a taxi straight to Liverpool St.  I am going to write a letter to the underground enclosing my receipt for the taxi and see what happens!

yeah i was on the tube that broke down, although it was about 7.15 we got back to Fulham because we caught the 8.08pm train from Liverpool Street, still was a pain in the ass, and only just squeezed on the one of the busses they laid on

Walked to West Kensington, far easier hehe! Reminds me of the horror stories of some getting out of Cardiff, 4 hours for example - we were back at the car by half five and home by 9!

Then again Im late everyday for work so it all evens out..

Just to add insult to Injury the London evening standard reported this last night.....and said that those stuck were a mixture of "shoppers and Chelsea fans"!!!!

perhaps it was Brian woolnough writing it?

We walked to Earls Court Station and the tube to King Cross was surprisingly empty...even with xmas shoppers.  We even got an earlier train than initially intended and I was sitting in my home at 20 past 8pm.