Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Col U ballot

Everyone I know who was in the Cat 3 ballot for Col U appears to have missed out. Bit suspicious of this as would expect at least a few of them to get in.

Question for those who were successful - did you tick the Club Cabbage box on the application form?

I was in group 3, and was succesful. Got two tickets through this morning for me and my dad.

Yeah we chose to go on the coach. But this was only because it was the easiest option, not because I felt it would give us a greater chance of getting tickets, if it has then oh well, doesn''t bother me [:P]

I got a ticket (well I havent seen the ticket but I have an £18 debit in my bank account) and I did not tick the coach.   Seemed pointless for a journey that will take about an hour and a half.

We were unsuccessful (presumably) and wrote "No" in the coach box.

[quote user="Kathy"]I was successful and didnt tick the box.[/quote]

There you have it then, it makes no difference. Just the luck of the draw.

The only question left now then is... did anyone who did tick the coach box miss out? [:P]

[quote user="pbtc"]The only question left now then is... did anyone who did tick the coach box miss out? [:P]
[/quote]

Yes perhaps thats a better question in terms of what i was getting at!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Kathy"]I was successful and didnt tick the box.[/quote]

There you have it then, it makes no difference. Just the luck of the draw.

[/quote]

I''d like to believe you but i don''t feel these "ballots" are as random as they might be. Certainly the recipients of the tickets for Portman Road in recent years have tended to be a certain type of fan that might be considered "lower risk" or more likely to travel Club Cabbage!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I was in group 3, and was succesful. Got two tickets through this morning for me and my dad.

Yeah we chose to go on the coach. But this was only because it was the easiest option, not because I felt it would give us a greater chance of getting tickets, if it has then oh well, doesn''t bother me [:P]

[/quote]

they s your answer COACH!!!

ive been to 4 away matchs..no tickets for me! winkers!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote] they s your answer COACH!!! ive been to 4 away matchs..no tickets for me! winkers![/quote]

4 away matches hardly makes you worthy of a ticket lol.

personally dont think having coach or not makes any difference. i got mine but am not going on coach am driving down as family live there as are a few of my friends but also know people that didnt get any tickets who were going on coach

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote] they s your answer COACH!!! ive been to 4 away matchs..no tickets for me! winkers![/quote]

[/quote]

you gonna pay for any more ????

didnt think so...shut it then!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote] you gonna pay for any more ???? didnt think so...shut it then![/quote]

Are you drunk, or do you just generally not make any sense?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

read it again numpty! your wrote 4 away games hardly makes me worthy of a ticket,

1. its probarly 4 more then you!

2. As i said before ....are you going to pay for more away games for me!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote] read it again numpty! your wrote 4 away games hardly makes me worthy of a ticket, 1. its probarly 4 more then you! 2. As i said before ....are you going to pay for more away games for me![/quote]

1. No it''s not. I''ve been to far more away games than 4. Unless you mean 4 this season - which you didn''t say so I would have misunderstood. In which case Colchester will be my 4th this season (Though I''ve tried for more, they just ran out!)

2. What has that got to do with anything. Why would I pay for you? How has that got anything to do with you throwing your toys out of the pram as you missed out on Colchester tickets.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote] read it again numpty! your wrote 4 away games hardly makes me worthy of a ticket, 1. its probarly 4 more then you! 2. As i said before ....are you going to pay for more away games for me![/quote]

1. No it''s not. I''ve been to far more away games than 4. Unless you mean 4 this season - which you didn''t say so I would have misunderstood. In which case Colchester will be my 4th this season (Though I''ve tried for more, they just ran out!)

2. What has that got to do with anything. Why would I pay for you? How has that got anything to do with you throwing your toys out of the pram as you missed out on Colchester tickets.

[/quote]

aint you the clever little fooker cause u have tickets!

I do feel that these draws aren''t as "random" as the club would like us to believe, try proving it though. I''ll be honest if I worked in the ticket office, which I don''t, and had to do a random draw to acertain who got tickets on top of my usual duties I would sort out the high priority groups first then whichever group was oversubscribed I would pick however many tickets were avaliabe from the top of the pile, I suspect this is how this happens, I always apply as soon a i can and have never been successful and always opt for club cabbage.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]FAO CANARYCHARGE : Ten away stubs = Group 2, Four away stubs = Group 3.Dem''s de rules....

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Everyone I know who was in the Cat 3 ballot for Col U appears to have missed out. Bit suspicious of this as would expect at least a few of them to get in.

Question for those who were successful - did you tick the Club Cabbage box on the application form?

[/quote]

Interesting point Jim.

I wonder if claiming your rebate at the beginning of the season has a bearing on your Colchester ballot brownie points rating ?

If that''s the case then those who waived their rebate and are prepared to suffer the torture of Club Cabbage must be in line for two tickets !

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Interesting point Jim.

I wonder if claiming your rebate at the beginning of the season has a bearing on your Colchester ballot brownie points rating ?

If that''s the case then those who waived their rebate and are prepared to suffer the torture of Club Cabbage must be in line for two tickets !

[/quote]I claimed my rebate and didnt tick the coach option and still got a ticket.    Theres no conspiracy here people.

Just so you all know, they haven''t finished going through applications yet. I went into the mall this morning and was told they are only half way through them as sorting out Walsall refunds/coach travel has priority so for those of us that havent heard yet there is still hope.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Just so you all know, they haven''t finished going through applications yet. I went into the mall this morning and was told they are only half way through them as sorting out Walsall refunds/coach travel has priority so for those of us that havent heard yet there is still hope.[/quote]

my brother got letter this mroning although i havent....i think itrs a done deal!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Just so you all know, they haven''t finished going through applications yet. I went into the mall this morning and was told they are only half way through them as sorting out Walsall refunds/coach travel has priority so for those of us that havent heard yet there is still hope.[/quote]

How can they have doen a ballot then if they have not finished sorting the applications?

I got one and I''ve only been to 2 away games this seaspn and probably 4 last season, I have never been on club cabbage and I took my rebate. Infact I never missed out on any away ticket yet for any games that I want to go to, and that includes Ipswich for god knows how many years. Its not what you know but who!

I have never once got a ticket when I''ve been in a group 3 ballot. Sometimes I tick coach sometimes I don''t.