Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Newcastle going down ? ?

Has anyone noticed Newcastle trying desperately to join us in the lower reaches ?

One win in eight games.

Who would have thought this when we played one of the supposed "big guns" earlier in the season ?

The thing is, Souness is an absolutely rubbish manager and always has been.  I doubt if there are many players who really want to play for him.  Robson being put in charge of West Brom probably seals their fate as well.  At least if we go down we will not have spent millions on really crap players, we have got crap players on a free!

they will soon pipe up again (like last season..........)

I have read this morning that Bryan Robson has blamed his players for their current plight, saying that he has inherited a bad squad with not enough quality.  That''s bound to get them fired up for their festive programme then!  Motivational management classes anyone?!

Newcastle will probably have enough quality to stay up, I would think, but I heard them described on the radio yesterday as a club that attracts high quality players with low quality attitudes.  Thought that was pretty apt at the moment and is an area where we score highly on the plus side as compared to some others.