Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Exeter

It was a well wrapped up Ricardo that attended a freezing cold CR this afternoon and I can confidently report that a pair of Marks and Spencers long thermal underpants recieved my 5 star rating. Twelve quid a pair and worth every penny.

We again started in slo-mo mode and it came as a surprise when we grabbed the early lead. Hooly swapped passes with Russell Martin and swung an inviting cross over to Grant Holt at the far post. Holty gobbles these up in his sleep and duly did the honours. From then on we all expected the Canaries to spread their wings and fly but again as in recent home matches we failed to find any flow to our game. Nelson went close with a couple of thumping headers but all to often we worked good positions only to spoil things with the final pass. Exeter improved as the half progressed and in the last ten minutes of the half they had two or three good opportunities. Forster made to great stops and Russell Martin was in the right place to clear off the line when an equaliser looked certain. I thought Exeter were a shade unlucky to be still behind at the break.

At half time Ricardo was extremely grateful for the minature bottle of Glenfiddich that Mrs Ricardo had discretely slipped into his coat pocket. So with red blood corpuscles re-energised we awaited the expected second half onslaught.

The first 15 minutes was o.k. with City stepping up the tempo and having most of the possession. However the second goal didn''t come and the 25k crowd began to get a bit nervy as Exeter started to ask a few questions. It was bloody cold by this time and I swear I saw a herd of Wooly Mammoths stroll across the Barclay End penalty area. Perhaps I was dreaming but I was certainly awake moments later when Chris Martin popped up in thr right place to turn in a right wing cross. Again we could have been forgiven for thinking it was all over but within minutes Exeter were back in it after Forster could only parry a snap shot and Marcus Stewart tapped home the loose ball. We didn''t have time to worry about it however as in very quick time Hooly set Grant Holt away on his own and the big man rounded the keeper with ease to make the game safe.

For me, Rusty was again immense and showed that he is a class above this league. Lappin and Smith also put in top rated shifts. I thought the entire defence was o.k. but a bit off key at times. Drury was the pick in my opinion. The front three have done well this season but today was not one of their best displays. The passing was a bit off and they did not seem to click in their usual manner. Holty snapped up the goals well but his passing was bloody awful at times.

All in all a successful afternoon and my woman of the match award goes to Mrs Ricardo for the thermal pants, the Whiskey and the dinner on the plate when I got home. What a lucky man I am.

[quote user="birchfest"]Great review Ricardo, what did you make of Johnson in the minutes he got at the end?
[/quote]

Showed enough nice touches in his little cameo for me to see why Lambert snapped him up.

As ever Ricardo sumss it uo pretty well. Not a classic City display and downright sloppy at times, but we always looked as if we could step up a gear if forced.

I agree that Rusty was superb and Korey''s energy allied to Lappin''s workrate and Wes'' enigmatic brilliance (although he stood off the guy who shot for the goal when he should have hurried  him) makes for a tremendous midfield. I also agree that Holty and Martin were below par, but very impressed by Johnson''s debut. lambo sure knows how to pick em!

Great save by Frazer first half, but he''ll be disappointed by the goal although it bounced just in front of him.

Interesting drive from Lynn particularly when the car in front hit black ice, span into the bank and rolled. Fortunately we were able to get the four guys in out unharmed, but the rest of the journey was a little tense to say the least!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As ever Ricardo sumss it uo pretty well. Not a classic City display and downright sloppy at times, but we always looked as if we could step up a gear if forced.

I agree that Rusty was superb and Korey''s energy allied to Lappin''s workrate and Wes'' enigmatic brilliance (although he stood off the guy who shot for the goal when he should have hurried  him) makes for a tremendous midfield. I also agree that Holty and Martin were below par, but very impressed by Johnson''s debut. lambo sure knows how to pick em!

Great save by Frazer first half, but he''ll be disappointed by the goal although it bounced just in front of him.

Interesting drive from Lynn particularly when the car in front hit black ice, span into the bank and rolled. Fortunately we were able to get the four guys in out unharmed, but the rest of the journey was a little tense to say the least!

[/quote]

Thanks Ricardo.As usual your report is atrue reflection.

Not greatly impressed with R Martins performance however.

Beau, glad you are home safe.

Many thanks Ricardo, you paint a vivid picture as always, really hit the jackpot there with Mrs Ricardo.

[quote user="ricardo"]

It was a well wrapped up Ricardo that attended a freezing cold CR this afternoon and I can confidently report that a pair of Marks and Spencers long thermal underpants recieved my 5 star rating. Twelve quid a pair and worth every penny.

The front three have done well this season but today was not one of their best displays. The passing was a bit off and they did not seem to click in their usual manner. Holty snapped up the goals well but his passing was bloody awful at times.

[/quote]Those underpants are great aren''t they? Most highly applauded present in the Christmas period in my household (despite being far from the most expensive).And despite them being off form admittedly against 5 strong defenders, they did manage 3 goals, going to Holt and Martin respectively, as well as 3 assists (... All provided by Hoolahan i believe?).As ever a great report (and a great read) Ricardo. [Y]

Thanks Ricardo, A miniature of Glenfiddich slipped into your pocket. What a thoughtful wife ! Have a good evening.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]like reading the reports... always warming. Beau... top top man for helping those people out. really brave of you. 

I''m only able to make mid-week night games at the moment, started a new job and am working saturdays right now so havent been able to go since the game before Millwall.

Ricardo your reports are keeping me sane at the moment so cheers fella, always a good read.

Not letting my season ticket go however!!!