Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Leeds - A Pattern of Fixtures?

Is it just me or does there seem to be a pattern in the fixtures list this season?I have noticed subconsciously for a while that Leeds seems to be playing the team we''ve just played either the week before of two weeks before.Just looking ahead at the next few weeks, the same pattern seems to show...although not in every single case.For instance, we played Wycombe last week, Leeds played them yesterday. Guess who Leeds have got next week?....yes Exeter.We''ve got Colchester next Saturday...guess who Leeds have on 30th Jan? Colchester.Saturday 30th - we''ve got Hartlepool...guess who Leeds have the following Saturday....Hartlepool.Sat 13th Feb - we''ve got Brighton.....following Saturday....Leeds have Brighton.We''ve got Swindon on March 20th - next week we play Leeds, then Leeds play Swindon.I thought the fixtures we''re supposed to be ramdonly generated? Or am I just spotting coincidences?Anyway, at least it shows how we beat a team, then Leeds struggle against them a week later!

that is a good spot, and could show that the football league tried to help leeds because if they thought that nporwich would be a good team then they can watch the match and see out tactics!

yeh and they have a few tough games coming up too......

IF exeter played like they did today next week leeds will find it tough again ... then colchester and swindon away tough for them :P

Yes, I have actaully noticed on several occasions that while we have beaten a team quite well, Leeds have then struggled against them.In fact, Leeds have been playing poorly for some time now and their current form (apart from against Man U) suggests they are a mid-table League One side.

It''s just coincidence. For example at the start of the season we played Exeter and Wycombe the week after Leeds did. At the end of the season we have Gillingham the week after Leeds do and they have the same with Rovers in the final game.Anything random can always appear to have patterns.

I see what you''re saying Tickers, but it all seems too much of a coincidence to me...especially with the amount of teams in League One.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Yes, I have actaully noticed on several occasions that while we have beaten a team quite well, Leeds have then struggled against them.In fact, Leeds have been playing poorly for some time now and their current form (apart from against Man U) suggests they are a mid-table League One side.[/quote]

Our current form? lol

what a dope you are. Mid-table?

you''ve only gained 4 points on us in the last 8 games (24 points)

mid-table? don''t make me laugh.

stupid farmer

Fixtures are not randomly generated - that is a total myth.

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="Canary Boy"]Yes, I have actaully noticed on several occasions that while we have beaten a team quite well, Leeds have then struggled against them.

In fact, Leeds have been playing poorly for some time now and their current form (apart from against Man U) suggests they are a mid-table League One side.
[/quote] Our current form? lol what a dope you are. Mid-table? you''ve only gained 4 points on us in the last 8 games (24 points) mid-table? don''t make me laugh. stupid farmer[/quote]

OK Essex White.  Lets put it in black and white

We''ve gained 4 points on you in 8 games - ie 0.5 points per game.  Assuming you''ll win the game in hand (away to Swindon - so not a ''given'') you''re effectively 9 points in front of us with 21 games left.  21 games x 0.5 points = 10.5 points, which means that by game 46 we will have overtaken you if current form continues

You won''t be top - and you won''t be bottom.  Which means you will be in the middle - mid-table if you prefer.  Stupid pigeon-fancier...

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="Canary Boy"]Yes, I have actaully noticed on several occasions that while we have beaten a team quite well, Leeds have then struggled against them.In fact, Leeds have been playing poorly for some time now and their current form (apart from against Man U) suggests they are a mid-table League One side.[/quote] Our current form? lol what a dope you are. Mid-table? you''ve only gained 4 points on us in the last 8 games (24 points) mid-table? don''t make me laugh. stupid farmer[/quote]

OK Essex White.  Lets put it in black and white

We''ve gained 4 points on you in 8 games - ie 0.5 points per game.  Assuming you''ll win the game in hand (away to Swindon - so not a ''given'') you''re effectively 9 points in front of us with 21 games left.  21 games x 0.5 points = 10.5 points, which means that by game 46 we will have overtaken you if current form continues

You won''t be top - and you won''t be bottom.  Which means you will be in the middle - mid-table if you prefer.  Stupid pigeon-fancier...

[/quote]Thanks for backing me up Barclay Hero. What Essex White doesn''t understand is that by "current form" I mean they are not playing very well. Teams are playing Leeds and end up loosing as the "better" team...like Wycombe Saturday who out-played Leeds for long periods of the game and should have won it.Leeds have been very lucky of late and someone, somewhere is going to give them a good thrashing two or three nil soon, and it might not be a top of the table side. I feel their time is up!

Fixtures arn''t randomly generated, they''re carefully worked out, hence why us and Ipswich very rarely play at home on the same weekend and West ham are apprently never at home when Southend are.