Sign in to follow this  
kentcanary

Best team?

With four new signings i was wondering what the best team would be with all players fit. For me it would be;

Foster

Spillane Askou Whitbread Drury

Russell

Smith Lappin

Hoolihan

Martin Holt

Subs; Rudd, Doherty,Hughes,Adeyemi,Mcnamee, Johnson, McDonald.

The difficult ones to leave out are Doherty and Hughes.With Doherty i think the choice may well be between him and Askou and both have been excellent.i think Whitbread has been bought to play and not to be on the bench.If Hughes were left sided he would be in for me instead of Lappin as he is a better player.Maybe Gill or OTJ on the bench for Adeyemi

I am sure Lambert will get it right but we can still have an opinion.

Forster

R. Martin, Doc/Askou, Whitbread, Drury

Russell

Smith, Lappin

Hoolahan

C. Martin, Holt

Subs: Rudd, Spillane, Doc/Askou, Hughes, McNamee, Johnson, Whaley (give him one more chance)

Leeds team! It''s the best team in the league. And the league above, and the league above that and Europe and the World. They have the best players in every position they would win the World Cup if only the authities that hate them and unfairly pick on them would let them enter. Even their worst players are the best players in the world at being the worst players in the world.

[quote user="kentcanary"]With four new signings i was wondering what the best team would be with all players fit. For me it would be; Foster Spillane Askou Whitbread Drury Russell Smith Lappin Hoolihan Martin Holt Subs; Rudd, Doherty,Hughes,Adeyemi,Mcnamee, Johnson, McDonald. The difficult ones to leave out are Doherty and Hughes.With Doherty i think the choice may well be between him and Askou and both have been excellent.i think Whitbread has been bought to play and not to be on the bench.If Hughes were left sided he would be in for me instead of Lappin as he is a better player.Maybe Gill or OTJ on the bench for Adeyemi I am sure Lambert will get it right but we can still have an opinion.[/quote]

sorry don''t agree...why change a winning side?

With everyone fit and based on current form or selection, the team that was put out Saturday would be the team I would go with.

What you''re saying is change 3 players from the current back 4 who are doing so well, that could be suicide for our promotion hopes!

Agree that Askou and Whitbread will be our best centre backs when both are fit. It is alarming how many clearcut chances both Wycombe and Exeter created in the last two games - luckily, they didn''t have the ability to put them away. The two changes I would make to your team is to have Russell Martin at full back and Nelson on the bench instead of Doherty.

[quote user="Flashman"]Agree that Askou and Whitbread will be our best centre backs when both are fit. It is alarming how many clearcut chances both Wycombe and Exeter created in the last two games - luckily, they didn''t have the ability to put them away. The two changes I would make to your team is to have Russell Martin at full back and Nelson on the bench instead of Doherty.[/quote]Really? I mean I hope that Whitbread is great but this is blind faith over at the moment. The Doc has been great so far and has even chipped in with a few... how you are all just casually throwing him onto the bench in place of a player yet to even step on the pitch I do not know! For me the team would be;                    ForsterSpillane    Askou   Doc    Dury                   Russel      Hughes                 Lappin                  Hoolahan                      Martin     HoltThe hard one for me is Hughes v Smith... having seen Hughes as part of the mid field that made Leeds look pants at their own stadium and also the effect he had against Huddersfield he just the nod for me!

I personally think Smith is better than Hughes, and so does Lambert i think, when both have been fit (which isn''t that often, mostly Hughes is injured....) Smith has got the nod, and Smith comes on in the second half.......

The best team, is the one we have been playing.......not much question about that really (well apart from Nelson in the last few games, hes a bit dodgy....)

[quote user="Holts Big Toe"]

Forster

R. Martin, Doc/Askou, Whitbread, Drury

Russell

Smith, Lappin

Hoolahan

C. Martin, Holt

Subs: Rudd, Spillane, Doc/Askou, Hughes, McNamee, Johnson, Whaley (give him one more chance)

[/quote]

Give Whaley one more chance?  Are you mad, Sir?  This guy is utter plop.  Indicative of Mr Gunn''s tenure as manager.

[quote user="Flashman"]Agree that Askou and Whitbread will be our best centre backs when both are fit.[/quote]

Are they?   Have any of us seen whitbread enough to comment?

Of the three centrebacks already at the club the best performer by far has been Doc.  Then Askou with Nelson filling in admirabley in the meantime.  At the moment whitbread is at best only worth a bench slot if askou is fit.  While nelson continue to be ok I would not change a winning team and all three defenders have to prove they are better than Doc before he is dropped.

Best team at the mo remains the one that started on Sat - askou in for nelson when fit