Sign in to follow this  
Pincer

Team to start on Sunday

Not that I ever tell the manager how to run his team but I believe the team to start against the Scum on Sunday should be as follows (if Drury is fit):

Green

Edworthy Fleming Mackay Drury

Huckerby Holt Francis Brennan

Svensson Mckenzie

And if Drury isn''t fit:

Green

Edworthy Fleming Mackay Brennan

Huckerby Holt Francis Mulryne/Mcveigh

Svensson Mckenzie

My reasons are as follows:

1. I believe playing Mckenzie would obviously give the lad a boost but more importantly work psychologically against Ipsh*t after his exploits in the first leg.

2. Iwan seems to be struggling of late so i''d definately give Svensson a start as the target man. He''s looked good in his last couple of substitute appearances and will put himself about more than ''The Big Man''. I also feel that Iwan''s best performances have been when he''s come off the bench for the last 10-15 mins, he''s also nicked a few goals as well.

3. I know i''ve put Huckerby on the right side of midfield but we all know that he wouldn''t stay there, so a lot of the time it would be more of a 4-3-3, and if that was the case i really don''t think Ipsh*t''s ropey defence would cope with that 3 pronged strike force.

4. If Drury is fit you can see that i''ve dropped Mcveigh, this is because he clearly isn''t playing well on the right so he could either move to the left and play there ahead of Drury or be rested and keep Brennan there. Tricky one this but with the attacking nature of the side i''ve put down i''ve opted for Brennan just to add that extra bit of steel, but if Drury wasn''t fit i''d drop Brennan back and probably play Mcveigh and go for all out attack, although Mulryne would provide that extra level of security so that Hucks can go and do what he wants.

Well, what do you reckon, do I have a shot at becoming the next City manager????

Sven to start but if god forbid we need to chase the game 2nd half, three at back bring on Shacks, Edworthy and Brennan/Drury wing backs, and 3 up front Mck on from the bench. Holt/Francis in middle, McV on left. Right side still a problem. But if needed apply pressure to that defence ad it will crack, especially if they play 3 centre halves.

But Sven must start.

Not sure mate...... But I agree with the team selection..... looking forward to a Sunday of Goals and Hucks making Santos look like Remon Vega on a bad day!!!

i think i would play..assuming drurys out

green
edworthy fleming mackay brennen
francis holt mcveigh
huckerby
svensson mckenzie

same as rotherham.i think with that team we can exploit there terrible defence..score many goals and also prevent them scoring any.anyone agree?