Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk exile

Season ticket prices

Surely we are in for a hike. I''m surprised that the press have not been ferreting about this since it is obviously on the cards. With some people at the top who actully know what they are doing they will be looking to maximise income given our financial predicament, demand for tickets and positive outlook on the field. I predict a 10-15% increase at the very least. 20% is not out of the question.

The days of Munby and statements like ''we are here so the people of Norfolk can have a day out with their mates'' are over and instead these boys will mean business.

Question is, how many would not renew given a substantial hike? I certainly think we are getting good value this year.

When we get back to the Championship, we''ll pay Championship prices again. I can''t see the Club hiking the price up beyond the inflation rate.

Depends how much it is really, money is tight and I have mine and my two kids tickets to buy. And one has just turned 12 so his goes up anyway.I have no idea what tickets cost at other division 3 clubs cost, I''d suspect our prices are about average though.

hi bud ! . well i certainly think the prices for kids is far too cheap . Given the position the club is in it''s crazy to sell seats for 25 quid for a season .

[quote user="yoda"]hi bud ! . well i certainly think the prices for kids is far too cheap . Given the position the club is in it''s crazy to sell seats for 25 quid for a season .[/quote]Its building for the future though. If the kids seats weren''t so cheap I couldn''t afford to take them. And I have no doubt once my kids grow up and earn their own money then some of it will be spent on tickets.

i would have to pay an extra £30 if it was an extra 20%

but people who pay £300 would have to pay an extra £6 which is not back considering other prices for ''smaller'' clubs,

barcelona only charge around 100 euros for a season ticket [;)] thats cheaper then bury [:O]

Our season tickets are far too cheap. A 20% increase should be the target. Should also get rid of kid discounts in all areas except familly areas. An extra £40 per ticket gives a million quid into the pot.

[quote user="jbghost"]Our season tickets are far too cheap. A 20% increase should be the target. Should also get rid of kid discounts in all areas except familly areas. An extra £40 per ticket gives a million quid into the pot.[/quote]

And as a result, pay the mortgage on the club, I would welcome the increase if it meant we don''t sell the ground

I have heard that season-ticket price increases are definately on the cards from someone well-connected at the club.  I guess there`ll be more of an increase if we get promoted, but i think people should brace themselves for increases whatever and bear in mind that we`ve had it cheap for several years and that our club now desperately needs the extra cash.

The new prices will be out before the outcome of this season is known. It is a difficult balance but i would expect an increase of about 10% accross the board. I think they could get away with that before the numbers started to fall off. I agree the kids are too cheay £75 in my view

I think its enevitable with all the talk of big debts and Norwich looking like they could be in the Championship next season, that season ticket prices will go up!

But remember our ticket prices even with £40-£50 put on them will still be cheaper than most other clubs.

Also remember if you pay on the day its much more expensive as well!

I just hope the board realise that our big crowds are partly because of  affordable prices and don''t silly with the increases!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I think its enevitable with all the talk of big debts and Norwich looking like they could be in the Championship next season, that season ticket prices will go up!

But remember our ticket prices even with £40-£50 put on them will still be cheaper than most other clubs.

I just hope the board realise that our big crowds are partly because of  affordable prices and don''t silly with the increases!

[/quote]

I think if they continue with the 12mth D D a lot of fans would''nt mind as it would only work out as an £8 or£10 a month,for the £100 increase, and as it''s already been said wev''e had it cheap here for years.  

I heard/read somewhere, that Delia and Michael''s views are quite strong about that, and the Turner''s when they were here wanted to do things like hike up ticket prices, but Delia refused.  As she really believes in the "affordable family football" thing the club like to tell us about.

I''m not sure what I''d think about it, things are tight for me, and can only just afford it - and will go up next year as I''m over 21 - but if paying a good deal more helped secure the club financially and enhance the chances of success, maybe it''s worth it.  If Doncaster was still here, I wouldn''t trust what they''d do with the money.  But if prices were hiked but with McNally in charge, I trust what he''d do with it.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I think if they continue with the 12mth D D a lot of fans would''nt mind as it would only work out as an £8 or£10 a month,for the £100 increase, and as it''s already been said wev''e had it cheap here for years.  

[/quote]Speak for yourself, I have 3 season tickets to buy, and like I said earlier, times are hard for some of us!That said, if prices were put up I (like most of us) would have a moan about it but ultimately would find the money from somewhere!

[quote user="bluemike"]Thats why you sell so many.[/quote]How much do you pay for yours then?Do you consider it good value for money lol?

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Completely agree with this - if stays as 12 months and interest free then great. Mine £30 (or whatever it is) comes out the day after I get paid so never really notice it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bluemike"]Thats why you sell so many.[/quote]How much do you pay for yours then?Do you consider it good value for money lol?[/quote]I think you have your pricing structure correct, the prices at Ipswich appear to be high in my opinion, I think the fact you have so many season ticket holders whilst playing in league one bears this out, im not sure it would be wise for NCFC to hike them up by the levels suggested in this thread, especially if promotion is not achieved (which i happen to think it will be).

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bluemike"]Thats why you sell so many.[/quote]How much do you pay for yours then?Do you consider it good value for money lol?[/quote]I think you have your pricing structure correct, the prices at Ipswich appear to be high in my opinion, I think the fact you have so many season ticket holders whilst playing in league one bears this out, im not sure it would be wise for NCFC to hike them up by the levels suggested in this thread, especially if promotion is not achieved (which i happen to think it will be).[/quote][Y]

I payed £200 for my season ticket and I think it''s decent value for money. I think it''d be great to have lower prices and pack the stadium out.

[quote user="Gus"]I payed £200 for my season ticket and I think it''s decent value for money. I think it''d be great to have lower prices and pack the stadium out. [/quote]Our prices are low and the stadium is packed out lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Speak for yourself, I have 3 season tickets to buy, and like I said earlier, times are hard for some of us!

That said, if prices were put up I (like most of us) would have a moan about it but ultimately would find the money from somewhere!
[/quote]

Not been on here long have you, I have 6 ST to pay for, although 4 of them are under 16s, so I do speak for myself.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Speak for yourself, I have 3 season tickets to buy, and like I said earlier, times are hard for some of us!That said, if prices were put up I (like most of us) would have a moan about it but ultimately would find the money from somewhere![/quote]

Not been on here long have you, I have 6 ST to pay for, although 4 of them are under 16s, so I do speak for myself.

[/quote]

Errrrr, yes I have been on here ages.And you obviously weren''t made redundant just before Christmas.[:)]

I can''t remember what the League One rebate was, but I expect that to be reversed and another 5% on top to allow for inflation and a wage budget.  And I''d pay it, I think we get good value.

I have season tickets in the Barclay for myself and 2 boys and what really bugs me is I pay £180 for them to sit there and then find several games are Kids for a quid!!! Cue seats taken up by the lovey dovies and their offspring who have clearly never been to a game before and spend the whole game asking "Who''s that player there?"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Speak for yourself, I have 3 season tickets to buy, and like I said earlier, times are hard for some of us!

That said, if prices were put up I (like most of us) would have a moan about it but ultimately would find the money from somewhere!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Errrrr, yes I have been on here ages.

And you obviously weren''t made redundant just before Christmas.

[:)]
[/quote]

No mate, I was forced to retire in 2001 with heart disease, but I took out insurance to cover this happening, my old man pegged out quite early, and I have had an insurance pension since I first went into the army in 67, I know many people are in the same boat as yourself, so do the club thats why we have the D D payments.  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Speak for yourself, I have 3 season tickets to buy, and like I said earlier, times are hard for some of us!That said, if prices were put up I (like most of us) would have a moan about it but ultimately would find the money from somewhere![/quote]

[/quote]

Errrrr, yes I have been on here ages.And you obviously weren''t made redundant just before Christmas.[:)][/quote]

No mate, I was forced to retire in 2001 with heart disease, but I took out insurance to cover this happening, my old man pegged out quite early, and I have had an insurance pension since I first went into the army in 67, I know many people are in the same boat as yourself, so do the club thats why we have the D D payments.  

[/quote]Well good for you if you can afford your umpteen season ticket. I was speaking from my point of view that I couldn''t afford to pay much more than I already do.[:^)]

Lol and also, all the direct debit payments add up to the total price of the ticket, they don''t make it any cheaper.

[quote user="morty"]Lol and also, all the direct debit payments add up to the total price of the ticket, they don''t make it any cheaper.
[/quote]

Quite agree,but it makes it easier for a lot of people, including myself, I only live on my pension, and savings, I sold my house when I retired and the horses are mostly out on loan, I only have 9 that are housed in livery but they are being looked after by other people, I just do the bad penny bit now and keep turning up un-announced, No Morty I''m not wealthy just careful