Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

R.Martin

[quote user="MPR"]A couple of us thought he was better at CB. He seemed to get caught out of position a lot, particularly in the first half though often the diamond was stretched because the play had spread wide and he was caught in no-man''s land deciding whether to plug the gab and go to the attacker or wait for the player to come to him.[/quote]

He was left having to mark two  players at the same time and your right we were stretched. It`s harsh to put too much blame on him in the circumstances. It`s always  going to be a risk for us the way we play.

Thought he had a very poor game today and Otsemabor would probably have been a better option. At least we now have some quality options in that position though.

Hopefully one of them can find some real form and make the position theirs.

Sorry guys, cant reply to anything on this thread because on my computer it is all messed up!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="MPR"]A couple of us thought he was better at CB. He seemed to get caught out of position a lot, particularly in the first half though often the diamond was stretched because the play had spread wide and he was caught in no-man''s land deciding whether to plug the gab and go to the attacker or wait for the player to come to him.[/quote]

He was left having to mark two  players at the same time and your right we were stretched. It`s harsh to put too much blame on him in the circumstances. It`s always  going to be a risk for us the way we play.

[/quote]

Future- it wasn''t a criticism. As you say, when we were stretched he was having to do two jobs. Someone mentioned the shot last week at Wycombe. That was a corker and very unexpected. High hopes for this position now.

I thought he made a lot of bad decisions yesterday, in terms of when to challenge, and his passing was sloppy, although the same could be said of all our midfield. In the first half their left winger, who impressed me, gave him a bit of a roasting.

That said, he''s an intelligent footballer and has much more to offer than Semmy. He''s only been here five minutes and is still fitting in, so I think some of the criticism is rather harsh.

Yay we have found our latest scapegoat[:|]

The poor bloke has one poor game and he is instantly as bad as Otsemobor.

Seriously, some of you just moan for the sake of it, we won yesterday in a game where nobody played particularly well and we are currently sitting second in the league and closing in on Leeds so shut the f*** up moaning and enjoy the season.

I thought there were too many times when Martin was left against two opponents.  Where was the help from the midfield? 

Agree Tangie! I also though the Doc wasn''t as quick on his feet as in the past few games and there seemed a lack of communication between him and R Martin.

I think he''s less talented than Ostemobor, but generally more reliable due John''s complete lack of awareness and concentration. I do thinnk he''l be found out in the Championship and Spillane would be my preferred right back.

Strangely I think R.Martin''s best game for us was against Millwall when he played at centre back!

I should also add that I think there''s a noticeable difference in how exposed R.Martin becomes with Korey playing in front of him when compared to Drury who has Lappin in front of him. Lappin is a more disciplined left sided player wheras Korey''s natural game is to come inside and I thought he was one of the better performers on saturday - the cost of which may have been leaving R.Martin a little isolated at times.

[quote user="Chewbacca"]I should also add that I think there''s a noticeable difference in how exposed R.Martin becomes with Korey playing in front of him when compared to Drury who has Lappin in front of him. Lappin is a more disciplined left sided player wheras Korey''s natural game is to come inside and I thought he was one of the better performers on saturday - the cost of which may have been leaving R.Martin a little isolated at times.[/quote]

I agree with that.

[quote user="Chewbacca"]I should also add that I think there''s a noticeable difference in how exposed R.Martin becomes with Korey playing in front of him when compared to Drury who has Lappin in front of him. Lappin is a more disciplined left sided player wheras Korey''s natural game is to come inside and I thought he was one of the better performers on saturday - the cost of which may have been leaving R.Martin a little isolated at times.[/quote]

At last - someone on here who seems to know a bit about football.

Two good posts from Chewbacca.

Apart from the bit about Spillane being his preferred right back.