Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

I fully expect the multi-talented Mark Fotheringham to lead Famagusta to an impressive victory over Nea Salamis in the Cypriot Ligue

He is a world class player after all [;)]

So my pick is Anorthosis Famagusta v Nea Salamis - Home Win

Good luck Drinks

The nailed on pick for me this week looks to be in Italy -

Inter Milan vs Sienna - Inter to win.

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck to Drinks, in what is an extremely difficult week.[:)][Y]

I wished I shared you optimism Norfolkchance, I''m of Greek Cypriot decent and my two teams are Olympiakos, who last week lost embarrassingly to AEK, and APOEL who look goo for a win this week but I think there''s a better bet in Cyrpus this weekend... I''m with with Yellow Fever on this one, Anorthosis should be too good for Salamis (the bottom team). It''s a suprisingly warm 20 odd degrees in Cyprus right now so no chance of a frozen pitch! Good luck all the PUP''s and to yourself Mr. Drinkell, was a pleasure meeting you a while back, best of luck!

I''m going for a City home win vs Exeter. Hopefully the game wont be called off. Come on you YELLOWS and good luck all.

Might not be 6 domestic games to pick from alas so for the 1st time in my all too brief Pick history is too pick City       Norwich Vs Exeter - Home Win    Best of luck to all and heres looking forward to a City and PUP win

Like a few pickers before me, I''d like to go with:

Inter Milan -v- Siena    HOME WIN

I haven''t checked the weather forecast in Italy, as I''m sick of hearing about the weather!!  [:^)]

Good Luck to Drinkell [and Nana assisting!] and all PUPs  [:D] [H]

The Great Drinkell - what can I say???

Well, to start with, what a fine City fan you are. It was a pleasure to be in your company last August at the Pups[&] meet, and going out of your way to give me a lift back to my B&B afterwards won''t be forgotten. What will be forgotten though, was our performance on the dartboard! I can''t believe Eddie mentioned that [:@] Hopefully we will gain our revenge next time!

You''re gonna need all the help you can get this week mate, so I''m napping LEICESTER CITY to beat the Binners at Home on Sunday!

Now go tell young nana to clean his room [:P]

Best of luck mate, it''ll be great to see your name on the line of fame,

Leedscanary

Although they were responsible for me losing last week (thanks Man U) this week I will go for

Leeds to beat Wycombe.

Very best of luck to The Great Drinkell, its gonna be tough this week because of the weather. And good luck to all PUPs.

Leeds and us are the only games left on in League 1 now.  According to BBC the freeze is wiping out nearly all of the football programme this weekend.  May be a good idea for everyone to have a fall back pick up their sleeves...

I''ve been sitting watching the postponements come through on SSN [:(]and begining to feel the gods are against us this week. Then I came on here and have been reading some of the tips [:D]amd I must say how impressed I am at the variety being offered and the alternatives being looked at. Even my friend Leeds is looking outside of Wales this week - just when we need help from abroad [;)] what chance have the gods got?

What we need now is the other regulars to post their offerings so that the we have a full choice to pick from. MR BUMP and the rest where are you c''mon let''s be avin you!! (I hope delis hasn''t copywritten this [:)])

I/we''ll be posting tomorrow evening so don''t hang about.

Eddie what is the latest we can post to give you chance to see Billy and we can make sure we give ourselves the best chance to catch any late call offs? Alternatively we will offer a couple of substitute choices on Friday just in case.[sn]

Oh and one last thing I very carelessly left Billy off my initial thank yous. Without whos continued support we would not be here, so a very big thank you to Billy. (see you saturday for my weekly donation)

I''m going with Yankee this week. Third placed Valencia ( 6 1 1 15 7 ) away to bottom club Xerez ( 1 2 5 3 12 ) can surely only have one outcome. So.............

Xerez v Valencia............Away win.

Good luck Drinks. [Y]

ps. Sorry I didn''t get Sid a selection in last week but I was without an internet connection all week. [:(] Mind you, with my form recently, that''s probably just as well! [+o(]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

The Great Drinkell - what can I say???

Well, to start with, what a fine City fan you are. It was a pleasure to be in your company last August at the Pups[&] meet, and going out of your way to give me a lift back to my B&B afterwards won''t be forgotten. What will be forgotten though, was our performance on the dartboard! I can''t believe Eddie mentioned that [:@] Hopefully we will gain our revenge next time!

You''re gonna need all the help you can get this week mate, so I''m napping LEICESTER CITY to beat the Binners at Home on Sunday!

Now go tell young nana to clean his room [:P]

Best of luck mate, it''ll be great to see your name on the line of fame,

Leedscanary

[/quote]

Sssshhhhhh he can''t know about that [:#]

I don''t need to ring the final selections through to Billy until maybe 11 am Saturday. If you want to wait ''til then it''s fine by me Drinks.

As for my selection, in an attempt to widen the choice further I''m off to Italy where in form Napoli are at home to Sampdoria. Napoli are strong at home W5 D3 L0 F14 A7 where as Sampdoria are poor away W2 D1 L6 F6 A20.

Napoli    V    Sampdoria    Home Win

[8]When you walk in a dream but you know you''re not
Dreaming signore
Scuzza me, but you see, backing old Napoli
That''s amore[H]

I noticed the name young Alec and I''m loving it[Y]

Nutty, assuming the Leeds game goes ahead I will stick with that as my pick as previously stated.  However if the weather intervenes could I have Olympiakos as a fall back (surely it wont be snowing in Greece).

Had intended to go for a British game, but given the conditions have decided to go abroad. My last experience of Serie A wasn''t good (the infamous Catania v Juve shock that knackered my week as picker, but Inter Milan v Siena looks nailed on to me as an INTER win.

Good luck TGD, it''s an awful week to be picking, but we''re due some luck! Of course, best of luck to all my fellow Pups too!

Keep your eyes on this guys http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/8443978.stmAs of right now all the premiership games are on, and some of the Scottish cup has survived.

I''ve so little time this week, so sorry about the tardiness of my pick. I was sorely tempted to opt for Barca, I remember living in Tenerife a long while back, when the mighty Barca last came to the Heliodoro. Rivaldo scored the winner that day. But something has drawn me to Serie A, probably as it''s a top vs bottom tie. I vowed never to pick an italian team again after the Juventus v Catania farce, but this is a Mourinho team. So......Inter Milan vs Siena - home winGood luck everyone!

What a terrible week. I was going to go for Fulham to beat Portsmouth but it''s just been called off. So instead I''m off to Spain for -

Real Madrid vs Mallorca - HOME WIN

Mallorca are having a great season and are up to fourth in La Liga but of their nine wins only one has come away from home. Madrid have won all eight of their home games so far this season and are averaging 3.5 goals per game.

Good luck everyone.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]with only 5 games to chose from due to the adverse weather[;)] im going for Naaarich to win  OTBC[/quote]Forgot to add GOOD LUCK [H]